• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 12:38 pm
[OP]
Oct 29, 2007
698 posts
66 upvotes
Victoria

2019 Vizio HDR Smart TV Lineup

Was watching the press release over the last few days, and the new Vizio lineup for 2019 looks both impressive and incredibly competitive.

For me, specifically, I'm intrigued by the P659-G1 - Looks about on par with the PQ65-F1 which was already very competitive at the $2k price point. Having something even cheaper should blow the rest of the sub-2k marketplace out of the water.

Only problem is, which the press-release hit the rounds yetesterday, there's very little info about availability. No retailers have updated products on their inventory sites, and even Vizio's site themselves are showing 404 errors on those new product.

Anyone have a guess on when these might become actually available?
13 replies
Dec 3, 2008
42 posts
11 upvotes
intercollector wrote: Was watching the press release over the last few days, and the new Vizio lineup for 2019 looks both impressive and incredibly competitive.

For me, specifically, I'm intrigued by the P659-G1 - Looks about on par with the PQ65-F1 which was already very competitive at the $2k price point. Having something even cheaper should blow the rest of the sub-2k marketplace out of the water.

Only problem is, which the press-release hit the rounds yetesterday, there's very little info about availability. No retailers have updated products on their inventory sites, and even Vizio's site themselves are showing 404 errors on those new product.

Anyone have a guess on when these might become actually available?
P659-G1 is not on par with PQ65-F1. The PQ65 is twice as bright, and has just 8 fewer zones. If you're wanting a high-end 65" TV in Canada right now, PQ65 is the way to go. Costco just slashed the price to $1800 to clear them out https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-Quantum-PQ6 ... 26650.html .

I'm holding out for a PX75 myself, but if I was in the market for 65", the PQ65 would be it.
[OP]
Oct 29, 2007
698 posts
66 upvotes
Victoria
bjohannes wrote: P659-G1 is not on par with PQ65-F1. The PQ65 is twice as bright, and has just 8 fewer zones. If you're wanting a high-end 65" TV in Canada right now, PQ65 is the way to go. Costco just slashed the price to $1800 to clear them out https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-Quantum-PQ6 ... 26650.html .

I'm holding out for a PX75 myself, but if I was in the market for 65", the PQ65 would be it.
Thanks,

Totally agree...the PQ65-F1 is a better. Actually just heard back from a Costco rep saying they don't plan on carrying many of the 2019 Visio TV's, and I don't really think any other retailers carry them.

I just jumped on the PQ65-F1 (ordered from Costco online....our local store doesn't carry that model).
Dec 3, 2008
42 posts
11 upvotes
Good call, the PQ65 is amazing. Strange that they would say they won't carry many 2019's. Maybe they meant physically, in the warehouses, but still online?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
upscaling 720 or less still sucks. Why wont they fix this?
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6770 posts
2335 upvotes
I decided to keep one of the pq65 2018 that I bought and boy was that a mistake. Slow menus, and it would constantly lose connection over wifi. I have a steady shaw internet 600 and it would buffer during movies. I thought I only had to put up with uneven panels. Too bad it's too late for me to return it now as I just opened it.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2181 posts
1232 upvotes
Calgary
vivibaby wrote: I decided to keep one of the pq65 2018 that I bought and boy was that a mistake. Slow menus, and it would constantly lose connection over wifi. I have a steady shaw internet 600 and it would buffer during movies. I thought I only had to put up with uneven panels. Too bad it's too late for me to return it now as I just opened it.
Don't buy a TV for its "Smart" features. You're almost always better off buying a separate streaming box as it will often perform better and be updated longer than the TV itself will.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: I decided to keep one of the pq65 2018 that I bought and boy was that a mistake. Slow menus, and it would constantly lose connection over wifi. I have a steady shaw internet 600 and it would buffer during movies. I thought I only had to put up with uneven panels. Too bad it's too late for me to return it now as I just opened it.
you can certainly return it even if it's opened. If it's Costco 100%. Other retailers you might have to say there is a defect that you see that you cant live with and you want to return it.
Jul 4, 2012
53 posts
23 upvotes
OTTAWA
I'm thinking about getting the PX65, which is the successor to last year's PQ65. Costco's american site has it for sale but I don't think there's any way to buy it in Canada yet.
Nov 21, 2018
303 posts
147 upvotes
You can return it if it's been less than 90 days since purchase. Vizio makes a great screen but do not rely on the smart features. Get a firestick 4k if you want a cheap streaming stick that works great or a nvidia shield if you want the best. I wouldn't be upset at all about your TV based on smart features.