2019 and woodbine Toyota issues

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 2:10 pm
[OP]
Oct 13, 2010
598 posts
96 upvotes

2019 and woodbine Toyota issues

We leased 2x 2019 Camry Hybrids from woodbine Toyota. One of them is fine and smooth. Other with under 16k km has following issues:
- Rough sounding engine that comes and goes
- Gas pedal vibration especially at higher loads aka when the "rpm-like" meter goes from eco to pwr.
- The steering wheel is also kinda loose compared to the other even in sports mode at times.

Mainly it's the rough engine and gas pedal vibration. Yes I know it's a hybrid and yes I know the engine kicks in. That's not the issue btw because I know some will say that. Keep in mind I have 2 of these and 2 older camrys.

Now woodbine toyota tech test drove and he said it's fine. Same guys lied through their teeth when they messed up an alignment and my steering wheel was not straight. I had to go to the GM and file a formal complaint with Toyota head office to have them redo it.

For this engine/tranny or whatever issue it is, I figured maybe it's break-in like tech said and I even had them do oil change at 8k (Toyota says this full synthetic can go to 16k but I had it done early to see if it would help). It didn't.

Should I go to a different dealer? Any advice on how to deal with Toyota about this ? I feel they just give me the runaround and tell me it's fine when it clearly isn't.

PS: Avoid woodbine I'd say
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27573 posts
12640 upvotes
Toronto
Just go to another dealer. No point in wasting more time.

I see on the forum, Toyota on the park, Yorkdale Toyota , Ken Shaw have some okay reviews.
[OP]
Oct 13, 2010
598 posts
96 upvotes
Ok I'll do that you are right thanks.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33995 posts
19844 upvotes
Ottawa
There's no reason to stick to any one particular dealership, even where the vehicle was originally purchased from.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8516 posts
2301 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote: There's no reason to stick to any one particular dealership, even where the vehicle was originally purchased from.
So true. I`m just surprised with 2 leased vehicle they aren't helping more.

Op have you talked to your salesman or the Service Manager. I would do that first before changing dealers.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27573 posts
12640 upvotes
Toronto
some dealers don't like to service vehicles that are still under warranty as they don't make much or anything on them vs the regular out of warrantied vehicles. Hence, they generally don't spend the necessary time & resources to resolve the issues.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9225 posts
1383 upvotes
Going to different dealer is no brainer. Same price do of course go to one who will not give you stress.

Some dealers mess up their scheduling, service your car for free.