Expired Contests

[Other]

2020/10/13 - Caramilk “Unlock The Secret & You Could WIN $100,000” Contest [All Canada]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2021 1:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2587 posts
6746 upvotes
Canada

2020/10/13 - Caramilk “Unlock The Secret & You Could WIN $100,000” Contest [All Canada]

Prizes:
Each holder of a Winning PIN is eligible to win a prize. The prizes consist of three parts:
  • A cash prize of CDN $1,000.00 (the “Cash Prize”);
  • A cash prize of CDN $1,650.00 (replacement cash prize in lieu of a trip for two (2) to Toronto, ON equivalent to the approximate retail value of the trip (the “Trip Replacement Prize”, together with the Cash Prize, the "Instant Win Prize")); and
  • A chance to win one (1) grand prize of CDN $100,000.00 (the “Grand Prize” and, together with the Instant Win Prize, "Prize").
There are ten (10) Instant Win Prizes available to be won and the number of Instant Win Prizes available will diminish throughout the Contest Period as they are awarded. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won from among the Instant Win Prize winners.

The total approximate retail value of the Instant Win Prizes is CDN $26,500.00.

The total approximate retail value of all Prizes (including the Grand Prize) is CDN $126,500.00.

To enter this Contest, look for a unique 12-digit alpha PIN code (“PIN”) inside specially-marked Caramilk Singles (50g) and Multi-Pack (4x50g) bars (“Participating Products”), available at participating retailers across Canada (while supplies last). Enter the PIN at www.Caramilk.ca (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period and provide your full name and email address ("PIN Entry").

Contest Entry: https://caramilk.ca/enter-contest
Contest Rules: https://caramilk.ca/rules

Thanks to @bojac for finding this contest and @Pardon for updating the status!
Last edited by shoppingguy on Aug 16th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
131 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2587 posts
6746 upvotes
Canada
No Purchase Entry Method:
To enter without making a purchase of a Participating Product, you may request a PIN by sending a 75-word handwritten essay about why you love Caramilk along with your full name and email address on an 8” x 11” piece of paper (the “Written Submission”) and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Caramilk Unlock the Secret,” c/o BSTREET Communications, 40 Holly Street, #802, Toronto, ON, M4S 3C3.

Limit: One (1) request per outer envelope with sufficient postage. All requests must be postmarked by October 6, 2020 to allow sufficient time for processing. All entries become the exclusive property of Contest Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. No mechanical reproductions of requests permitted. The quality of the Written Submission will not be judged or otherwise used in any way in, and will have no effect on, the determination of the winners. Once the PIN is received via email, enter the PIN at the Contest Website during the Contest Period and provide your full name and email address ("PIN Request Entry", together with the PIN Entries, "Eligible Entries").
Sep 29, 2010
481 posts
665 upvotes
remind me... how do they get the caramilk in the caramilk bar? or is that still a secret?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2015
5116 posts
37496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They'd offer me a trip to Toronto, psshhh, I'm right here lol. Good thing about the cash prize. Maybe I'll try buying one when they show up on my next ck stopover, that is, if they have the winning wrappers and if I win again at the ck game.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
42236 posts
40487 upvotes
Economy
Thank You!~
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
3112 posts
20147 upvotes
shoppingguy wrote: Prizes:
Each holder of a Winning PIN is eligible to win a prize. The prizes consist of three parts:
  • A cash prize of CDN $1,000.00 (the “Cash Prize”);
  • A cash prize of CDN $1,650.00 (replacement cash prize in lieu of a trip for two (2) to Toronto, ON equivalent to the approximate retail value of the trip (the “Trip Replacement Prize”, together with the Cash Prize, the "Instant Win Prize")); and
  • A chance to win one (1) grand prize of CDN $100,000.00 (the “Grand Prize” and, together with the Instant Win Prize, "Prize").
There are ten (10) Instant Win Prizes available to be won and the number of Instant Win Prizes available will diminish throughout the Contest Period as they are awarded. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won from among the Instant Win Prize winners.

The total approximate retail value of the Instant Win Prizes is CDN $26,500.00.

The total approximate retail value of all Prizes (including the Grand Prize) is CDN $126,500.00.

To enter this Contest, look for a unique 12-digit alpha PIN code (“PIN”) inside specially-marked Caramilk Singles (50g) and Multi-Pack (4x50g) bars (“Participating Products”), available at participating retailers across Canada (while supplies last). Enter the PIN at www.Caramilk.ca (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period and provide your full name and email address ("PIN Entry").

Contest Entry: https://caramilk.ca/enter-contest
Contest Rules: https://caramilk.ca/rules

Thanks to @Pardon for finding this contest!
Thanks goes it @Bojac. I just updated when the link went live. Thanks for posting.
Oct 10, 2006
898 posts
2454 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
No purchase entry costs $1.07 + taxes for a stamp, more expensive and much more hassle than buying the product. Cadbury is operating a private lottery in Canada. Not in secret either, but quite openly.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ENTRY:
To enter without making a purchase of a Participating Product, you may request a PIN by sending a 75-word handwritten essay about why you love Caramilk along with your full name and email address on an 8” x 11” piece of paper (the “Written Submission”) and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Caramilk Unlock the Secret,” c/o BSTREET Communications, 40 Holly Street, #802, Toronto, ON, M4S 3C3.
Criminal Code Part VII 206 (1) Every one is guilty...who (f) disposes of any goods, wares or merchandise by any game of chance or any game of mixed chance and skill in which the contestant or competitor pays money or other valuable consideration.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2587 posts
6746 upvotes
Canada
Has anyone spotted the PIN Code products yet?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
10380 posts
4840 upvotes
shoppingguy wrote: Has anyone spotted the PIN Code products yet?
Yes, I found some at Walmart (2/$1.50) at the checkouts but I had to check every single checkout to find one box. There is the text $100,000 under "Caramilk" and have an image of a key on the right hand side of the bar, overall a bit more golden in colour than the regular brown bar graphics. Codes are hard to read but easier to see if you put a flashlight at an angle to them.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
1555 posts
15126 upvotes
I have a great recipe for Caramilk fudge -- LOL!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1158 posts
9547 upvotes
SE Ontario
pinecone wrote: I have a great recipe for Caramilk fudge -- LOL!
Care to share? That sounds like something I'd like!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2016
1103 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
Damn. Just grabbed a Caramilk and realized it wasn't a specially marked one. D'oh!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
1555 posts
15126 upvotes
Emilyb wrote: Care to share? That sounds like something I'd like!
Caramilk Fudge

NOTES:

Use an 8 x 8 pan, generously grease or line with parchment paper.

Unwrap chocolate bars and set aside.

** USE A LARGE BOWL as you will bring the ingredients to a boil. Do not use a plastic bowl; I use Corning Ware or glass bowl.

Store fudge in an air-tight container; keep in the fridge or freezer to prevent the chocolate and caramel from melting.

Ingredients:

2 Cups brown sugar, packed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
¾ Cup butter
1 Cup icing sugar
1 TSP vanilla

6 Caramilk bars (50g size)

Directions:

Microwave brown sugar, milk and butter for 8 - 9 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.

Remove bowl from microwave and place in sink.

Add icing sugar and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer for 4 minutes.

** Be quick with this step as mix hardens quickly.

Pour ½ of the mixture into pan.
Lay the Caramilk bars out to cover the fudge mixture.
Pour the rest of the mixture on top and smooth with a spatula.

Set aside 30 minutes.

Cut into small pieces (visualize the size of one Caramilk square); it's very sweet but totally yummy! Enjoy!