Expired Contests

[Other] 2020/11/06 Tim Hortons Chance for Free Hot Beverage (starts October 28) (QC ok)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 2:32 pm
Oct 11, 2005
797 posts
1538 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
spooky wrote: The website mentioned in the tv ad is https://www.timhortons.ca/hotbeveragegiveaway but doesn't work as of yet.
Proper link that Tim Hortons is e-mailing out is is https://www.timhortons.ca/hot-beverage-giveaway

Basically, if you order a hot beverage at Timmies from Oct 28 onward (until 4,780,194 free coffees from this promo have been awarded - projected to be Nov 6), you have a 1 in 9 chance of winning it for free. It's meant to be a resumption of the "Roll Up the Rim to Win" contest that usually happens starting in March of every year (but was terminated early due to COVID-19).

Orders placed through the app are not eligible. So, guess I won't be partaking in this promo!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2611 posts
9932 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: And thanks to the Moderator ... @MrDisco for cleaning up the HOT MESS (not a HOT DEAL) that was the OP

Seriously, nothing more useless than a thread that says nothing in the title ... or provides NO INFO in actual content.

For any late comers to the thread ...
The original title was ... Chance for a Free Hot Beverage
With no indications on when or where ...
Just that the Poster / Thread Starter “saw something on tv “
:rolleyes: :facepalm:

FYI the original post did include where and when. Tim Hortons and October 28th.

Don't get caught up the the circus like environment that goes on here by a few of the clowns on here that have little to no life. One ringmaster in particular, also known as RFD Police likes to control the thread. Telling me in the past what deals I can post when and where.
Mar 6, 2015
540 posts
201 upvotes
Center of the univer…
So, you have to order a hot drink to qualify?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1336 posts
2540 upvotes
Here you go OP! Should provide you some more context. Just got this info in my email.
Images
  • 347D9D61-66DB-4FAD-8A22-93FCC8DCD1AA.png
  • B3F499B7-CCF0-49DD-86BD-2C788F13F788.png
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2611 posts
9932 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Here you go OP! Should provide you some more context. Just got this info in my email.
Can you post in summary?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
1636 posts
1287 upvotes
Toronto
Absolute wrote: Can we just lock this? This is a Freebie thread, not a hot deal.
This is a Contests forum thread.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5327 posts
3602 upvotes
hill15 wrote: FYI the original post did include where and when. Tim Hortons and October 28th.

Don't get caught up the the circus like environment that goes on here by a few of the clowns on here that have little to no life. One ringmaster in particular, also known as RFD Police likes to control the thread. Telling me in the past what deals I can post when and where.
Easy to reply this after title been edited many times because it made no sense.

You don't like my interventions, feel free to add me to your ignore liste. I am a long time RFD member (if it worth anything) and feel respected.

You just don't get the point. Useless to try to explain. Case closed, now that thread have been moved to the right forum and been cleaned up. Have a nice evening, and long life posting deals here on the forums.
Mar 6, 2015
540 posts
201 upvotes
Center of the univer…
Roll up the rim better.

Buy medium coffee -> win medium latte/XL french vanilla
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2823 posts
2654 upvotes
GTA
Dhanushan wrote: This is a Contests forum thread.
It was moved from the Hot deals forum and heavily edited by the Mods.
Sep 3, 2019
529 posts
336 upvotes
GTA
Give the guy a break.

The negative response (some of which is valid; others less so) would probably deter a lot of folks in his situation from posting anymore deals again. Now, that would be unfortunate because we all lose in that scenario.
Dec 13, 2019
200 posts
164 upvotes
Tims_Free_Coffee.jpg

I just got this email offer from Tim Horton's for those that still go to Tim Hortons. Starting on October 28, 2020 they'll start "giving away" free Tim Hortons coffee and they "project" the promo to end on November 6, 2020 when all $8 million of coffee has been given away. I've included the link to the promo rules and regulations which doubles as a FAQ.

How it actually works is as follows:
We are giving away free hot beverages at participating restaurants. You will be asked to scan your Tims Rewards card to participate or, if you do not have a Tims Rewards card, a Team Member will scan a printed QR code at the register to determine if your transaction is a winning transaction. The POS is being programmed to randomize the coffee and hot beverage prizes and upon a win, you will automatically be credited for your free beverage at the time of purchase with a limit of one win per order.
As you can see, it's a luck of the draw, so it's also a YMMV. Hey, you never know. Tim Hortons could be paying for your coffee. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Here is the legalese from the email:
*No purchase necessary. Resumed contest participation period: October 28, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET until all prizes have been awarded (projected to occur on November 6, 2020). Open to Canadian residents 13+ years old. Hot Beverage Coupon Prizes available as of resumption date (number available will decrease as they are awarded during resumed participation period): 4,780,194, ARV $1.29 - $5.89 CAD each. Prize coupons expire February 28, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Odds of winning are 1 in 9. Math skill-testing question required. Important Note: contest originally started March 11, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and was suspended effective March 24, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET, due to the current public health environment (7,955,907 hot beverage coupon prizes were available at contest start). For full rules, visit https://www.timhortons.ca/hot-beverage-giveaway. © Tim Hortons, 2020
Banned
Oct 21, 2020
13 posts
3 upvotes
They say 1-9 most likely it’s gonna be 1-20 and the employees might purposely not apply the discount or say the discount is not working and there is a size limitation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)