Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

2020 Canadian International AutoShow Freebies (Toronto)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 4:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2004
2027 posts
336 upvotes
Ontario

2020 Canadian International AutoShow Freebies (Toronto)

Post your 2020 autoshow freebies here! Please post location as well!
Last edited by Sanforized on Feb 15th, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title
29 replies
Moderator
User avatar
Jul 13, 2008
24555 posts
15301 upvotes
GTA
I will update this post as I go around the show and find free stuff.

1) You can win gift cards at Kia by going around the booth and interacting with their mini games.

2) Shell is giving out coupons for 5 cents off per litre of V-Power Nitro+ or V-Power Diesel at the North Building entrance at the top of the elevators. It’s good for 75L and expires March 31, 2020 (one time use).

3) Tote bags are being given out by Honda, Toyota, Dodge and Jeep.

4) Buick is giving out customized cupcakes and coffee.

5) Posters are being given out from Subaru, Ford and OPP.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44576 posts
7786 upvotes
Here comes the data collection. Time to give a fake name, email and telephone # :)
Blanka
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
User260549 wrote: Any reusable bags?
This is always a staple at Auto Shows. Free advertising for them by you carrying around their brand. I've gotten bags from each manufacturer usually the Asian ones every year.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: So far I’ve seen Volkswagen and Jeep but I’m still moving my way through the show.
last year, the Volkswagen bag was not easy to get ;)
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Newbie
Feb 24, 2017
51 posts
53 upvotes
Volkswagen: they are giving out blue bags and they are relatively easy to get, they have lots of staff giving these out. The only issue is that they ask for you name and email and they type it in.

Mazda: they have iPads where you enter your information and you can instantly win a $20 amazon gift card or a $10 Starbucks card.

There are 1600 instant prizes so I guess they will be giving out 145 a day (1600/11 days). We won 2 starbucks cards and 1 amazon card.

If you are buying tickets use the code 407autoshow for $8 off
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2001
1150 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Is it me or was last year better freebies?
*Looks at previous years snow brush*
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
ranjeet2000 wrote: Is it me or was last year better freebies?
*Looks at previous years snow brush*
Yes, this year's freebie were so meh . I went today and I don't know if this played a factor. Last year, I saw a dad had a huge bag of every possible freebie he was able to get for him and his teenagers. They were there early and ended up with a huge loot bag. This year, barely anything that can be considered remotely as a loot lol
Last edited by Pochacco on Feb 16th, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
Dark5Knight wrote: Volkswagen: they are giving out blue bags and they are relatively easy to get, they have lots of staff giving these out. The only issue is that they ask for you name and email and they type it in.

Mazda: they have iPads where you enter your information and you can instantly win a $20 amazon gift card or a $10 Starbucks card.

There are 1600 instant prizes so I guess they will be giving out 145 a day (1600/11 days). We won 2 starbucks cards and 1 amazon card.

If you are buying tickets use the code 407autoshow for $8 off
Volkswagen bags were so much nicer last year but they were hard to win.. this time, the backpack colour is nice but very flimsy quality

No luck with Mazda...Nada and this is with me and three of friends.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: I will update this post as I go around the show and find free stuff.

1) You can win gift cards at Kia by going around the booth and interacting with their mini games.

2) Shell is giving out coupons for 5 cents off per litre of V-Power Nitro+ or V-Power Diesel at the North Building entrance at the top of the elevators. It’s good for 75L and expires March 31, 2020 (one time use).

3) Tote bags are being given out by Honda, Toyota, Dodge and Jeep.

4) Buick is giving out customized cupcakes and coffee.

5) Posters are being given out from Subaru, Ford and OPP.
Can you tell me what prizes you win at kia's booth?
Do you have a pic of the Honda bags? Honda had none when I asked . Not sure if going on a Sunday on long weekend played a factor. Toyota booth is always reluctant at giving out bags. They like to make u beg for them and this year is no exception. They brought out more bags after five today after so many people asked for tHem. Maybe they are rationalizing their stock for the show Face With Tears Of Joy they should either give them out easily after people enter their contest or not give out anything. their marketing team should think about doubling the Amt of bags For the show.

Acura and Subaru had no bags to giveaway. Acura bags were so nice last year.

If you enter their contest, buick representative will let you skip the line for coffee. Didn't get the cupcakes as the line was too long and Was so slow.

Free BBT with Hyundai From 12 to 3pm, available only during the long weekend and next weekend when one Enters their contest. A lot of staff at the show didn't even know there was free BBT. Someone should think of selling BBT at the show :)

Btw, if you have a kid, there may be a different bag as giveaway. Check with the auto booths that give out bags
Last edited by Pochacco on Feb 17th, 2020 12:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Newbie
Nov 22, 2016
8 posts
5 upvotes
Acura gave decent bags in the past. I am guessing no bags this year from them? Was it last year where Mercedes Benz had the keychain with your face on it?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Here comes the data collection. Time to give a fake name, email and telephone # :)
But what if you actually win the grand prize??? Cat Face With Tears Of Joy
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1571 posts
2325 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: Last year, I saw a dad had a huge bag of every possible freebie he was able to get for him and his teenagers. They were there early and ended up with a huge loot bag.
Wasn’t that person ‘Sprung’ from RFD?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: Wasn’t that person ‘Sprung’ from RFD?
Lol definitely not sprung cuz he is super nice :). . this was an older gentleman that wasn't friendly
Last edited by Pochacco on Feb 17th, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Moderator
User avatar
Jul 13, 2008
24555 posts
15301 upvotes
GTA
Dark5Knight wrote: Volkswagen: they are giving out blue bags and they are relatively easy to get, they have lots of staff giving these out. The only issue is that they ask for you name and email and they type it in.

Mazda: they have iPads where you enter your information and you can instantly win a $20 amazon gift card or a $10 Starbucks card.

There are 1600 instant prizes so I guess they will be giving out 145 a day (1600/11 days). We won 2 starbucks cards and 1 amazon card.

If you are buying tickets use the code 407autoshow for $8 off
Looks like I missed Mazda's promo. I'll have to head back during the week on my lunch break to try my luck.
Pochacco wrote: Can you tell me what prizes you win at kia's booth?
Do you have a pic of the Honda bags? Honda had none when I asked . Not sure if going on a Sunday on long weekend played a factor. Toyota booth is always reluctant at giving out bags. They like to make u beg for them and this year is no exception. They brought out more bags after five today after so many people asked for tHem. Maybe they are rationalizing their stock for the show Face With Tears Of Joy they should either give them out easily after people enter their contest or not give out anything. their marketing team should think about doubling the Amt of bags For the show.

Acura and Subaru had no bags to giveaway. Acura bags were so nice last year.

If you enter their contest, buick representative will let you skip the line for coffee. Didn't get the cupcakes as the line was too long and Was so slow.

Free BBT with Hyundai From 12 to 3pm, available only during the long weekend and next weekend when one Enters their contest. A lot of staff at the show didn't even know there was free BBT. Someone should think of selling BBT at the show :)

Btw, if you have a kid, there may be a different bag as giveaway. Check with the auto booths that give out bags
I believe that The Alley was selling BBT last year by the South Building escalators. Were they the ones that partnered with Hyundai this year?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: Looks like I missed Mazda's promo. I'll have to head back during the week on my lunch break to try my luck.



I believe that The Alley was selling BBT last year by the South Building escalators. Were they the ones that partnered with Hyundai this year?


Yes :)
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4866 upvotes
Toronto
I still have tons of those recycle bags or totes from the previous car shows (my last attended car show was probably 3-4 yrs ago).
I probably have easily 30 of them untouched in my closet (wife and I combined), another reason I'm not attending car show this year Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44576 posts
7786 upvotes
Dark5Knight wrote: Volkswagen: they are giving out blue bags and they are relatively easy to get, they have lots of staff giving these out. The only issue is that they ask for you name and email and they type it in.

Mazda: they have iPads where you enter your information and you can instantly win a $20 amazon gift card or a $10 Starbucks card.

There are 1600 instant prizes so I guess they will be giving out 145 a day (1600/11 days). We won 2 starbucks cards and 1 amazon card.

If you are buying tickets use the code 407autoshow for $8 off
That's why you give a disposable email, other contact info and your name ;) Avoid further data collection, where these companies sell your data to others ;)

#dataprivacy #GDPR #datasecurity #privacy #privacycommissioner #PIPEDA
Pochacco wrote: But what if you actually win the grand prize??? Cat Face With Tears Of Joy
Oh well. Ya snooze, ya lose lol.
Blanka

Top