Expired Hot Deals

[Entertainment] 2020 Entertainment Coupon Book $6 USD + free shipping (no auto renewal)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2020 3:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3178 posts
15960 upvotes

[Entertainment] 2020 Entertainment Coupon Book $6 USD + free shipping (no auto renewal)

Use code at checkout:MISSYOU ($9.00-$3.00 with code)

Not sure how much use you will get out of it for this year.
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1547 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Have you or anyone else purchased this in the past? It seems very easy to recover the initial $6 purchase, but I am wonder how useful and unrestricted the coupons actually are
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3178 posts
15960 upvotes
Fluid wrote: Have you or anyone else purchased this in the past? It seems very easy to recover the initial $6 purchase, but I am wonder how useful and unrestricted the coupons actually are

I have never bought it before, but I heard in the past when it was on for $14.99 if you used it twice it basically paid for itself.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12716 posts
21940 upvotes
Fluid wrote: Have you or anyone else purchased this in the past? It seems very easy to recover the initial $6 purchase, but I am wonder how useful and unrestricted the coupons actually are
Only restricted by the virus for now . And whatever might open in the coming months
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6138 posts
6088 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Not worth it this year. I would wait
Sep 16, 2019
884 posts
981 upvotes
Well worth it imo. A lot of 2 for 1 offers, usually worth around $5+ each. Fair amount of popular businesses are on it, and they dont often give you a hard time to redeem the coupons.
Jun 15, 2019
43 posts
53 upvotes
Thanks OP. Downloaded it . Seems pretty decent deals in Downtown toronto
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2812 posts
4334 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Everyone know Entertainment books have lost their appeal to many. Lots of the good restaurants that used to be in the book no longer participate. The book has gotten thinner and thinner over the years.

Coupon selection has dwindled and some are not even BOGO coupons anymore but rather only BOGO 50% off.

I remember the good old days where I would do a group buy of around 30 books because my coworkers wanted them and we would trade since ppl lived in different cities. I would also sell them online as there was a large demand. Nowadays, ppl rarely talk about this book esp with companies like Groupon, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1450 posts
1129 upvotes
Surrey
Parrajara wrote: Well worth it imo. A lot of 2 for 1 offers, usually worth around $5+ each. Fair amount of popular businesses are on it, and they dont often give you a hard time to redeem the coupons.
I disagree. I had it last year and had a hard time with many of the merchants near me, claiming that they weren't consulted on for for those coupons and didn't accept them.
Jun 15, 2019
43 posts
53 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: I disagree. I had it last year and had a hard time with many of the merchants near me, claiming that they weren't consulted on for for those coupons and didn't accept them.
Did you try speaking with the providers in that case? What was their response?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1450 posts
1129 upvotes
Surrey
pratsaw wrote: Did you try speaking with the providers in that case? What was their response?
Most of the merchants said "Contact the coupon book company, Entertainment, and let them know we won't accept their coupons". I emailed Entertainment to let them know, and they couldn't really address the problem for this year (which makes sense given the book is already out), but they'll look into it for next year. They wouldn't give me a refund, so even at this price I'm not sure if it'll be worth getting it if no place close to me accepts the coupons.
Jun 15, 2019
43 posts
53 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: Most of the merchants said "Contact the coupon book company, Entertainment, and let them know we won't accept their coupons". I emailed Entertainment to let them know, and they couldn't really address the problem for this year (which makes sense given the book is already out), but they'll look into it for next year. They wouldn't give me a refund, so even at this price I'm not sure if it'll be worth getting it if no place close to me accepts the coupons.
Strange they would not be able to refund if the coupons aren't accepted. I am looking at it this way - even if I am able to recover the $6 I put in, it's fair.

Anything above that is pure profit :)
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22134 posts
166122 upvotes
GTA
Agreed that it may not really be worth it for this year, given the current situation, plus there is undoubtedly going to be many places that are going to be closing afterwards from the financial fallout.

Also note that if you have a Fido account, you can get 2 of these coupons per month free through Fido Xtra.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3348 posts
5022 upvotes
Langley, BC
These have been garbage for years
Apr 15, 2018
154 posts
114 upvotes
Maybe next years book might be a buy?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9146 posts
5585 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: I disagree. I had it last year and had a hard time with many of the merchants near me, claiming that they weren't consulted on for for those coupons and didn't accept them.
Yeah I heard a lot of companies were having trouble getting their coupons removed, I don’t see a point of these books anymore if you risk ruining an outing when they reject it. For those that do get it I’d call ahead to make sure each place still takes it.
Sep 9, 2003
733 posts
552 upvotes
Itscalledathrowawayy wrote: How does this site work? Keeps directing me to some monthly subscription service
Are you sure it's monthly? When I clicked to buy, it shows "Book Membership" $9

I think it's just confusing calling it a membership.
Sep 16, 2019
884 posts
981 upvotes
I guess YMMV. I believe I used Marble slab, dairy queen and cineplex coupons with no issue. Sure I can go go groupon and other places for discounts, but in this book there are deals that I cant seem to find elsewhere. For $6 I'm not expecting the 50% of vacation packages to work.
Aug 24, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
It says "Digital entertainment annual membership" $19.99 annually or $2.99 monthly.

Not going to bother with this any longer though