Automotive

2020 Kia Sorento, Nissan Rogue, Mazda CX-5

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2020 7:45 pm
Oct 18, 2013
61 posts
47 upvotes
kiasu wrote: thank you..

actually I got a quote of around $2200 discount on 2020 Rogue SL with lifetime oil change free...the MRSP included taxes is $45305...
how much discount did u get from yours if u don't mind I ask?
I am thinking to push for more discount like $3k to $4k
Please PM me for information.
Oct 18, 2013
61 posts
47 upvotes
bembol wrote: Easily the Mazda CX-5.

My regret recommending the Nissan Rogue to my father, the CVT failed IIRC within a year. He had suspension problems after warranty was over, shocking and other little things.

Having said that, the 2021 is a whole new platform I heard and does look very impressive.

Why not the Murano? The new slight changes looks even better, love the front end more.
What year and trim was the Rogue? I'll watch out for suspension issues. Thx.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
It was a 2010 SL FWD.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Sep 15, 2003
448 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
Meh, i'll talk about the Nissan Rogue even though i'll get eaten alive on this board.

I have a 2015 Nissan Rogue SL that I brought brand new and I still like it, it has been reliable and I wouldn't change my decision if I could go back in time.
My first choice back then was the 2015 CX-5 also but it was just way too small in the back seat to fit our family and I knocked it off the list.

My parents ended up buying a 2017 CX-5 based on my guidance.
Guess what, my parents prefer my Nissan Rogue and I'm indifferent to their CX-5 after getting to use it on a couple of long drives.

I'm willing to bet the majority of negative opinions on the Rogue and Nissan in general are based on the first gen Rogue and Nissans CVT issues 10+ years ago just as Honda and Toyota are held as the gold standard in reliability based on their history from the 90's.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
personal preference i guess.
Looks exterior: cx-5, rogue,sorento
Looks interior: rogue, cx-5, sorento
i bought the rogue for the interior appeal and cargo space plus fuel mileage
as for handling, they're all suv's not sport sedans what can you expect
i liked the cx-5 but interior space was too small for me and it came 2nd
the Rav4 and CRV didn't appeal to me in the looks department
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Having owned and driven all 3, I think the Sorrento may be this catergory, but its huge and isn't really a compact...If you really wnat to stick with semi compact SUV segment consider Subaru or Honda or used CPO Lexus SUV,
Regarding my experiences with these 3: Rouge was underwhelming had more room than CX5 it did well for fuel efficiency if that mattery, CX5 had best driving experience but least amount of room, for some reason the brakes pads wore out really fast. Sorrento had a lot of nice features typically found on luxury models but its much larger than the other 2 and has worse fuel efficiency. Also the Rogue I wanted to get rid of after 3 months of driving, but a family member wanted it, the A/C and some minor issues started popping up after 2 years, lucky we were able to unload as part of a trade in but took a small hit. These 3 SUV's are type you rent for the day or weekend or lease for 1 yr, but never own, finance or long term lease
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary

actually I got a quote of around $2200 discount on 2020 Rogue SL with lifetime oil change free...the MRSP included taxes is $45305...
Hi, i would say this. i have owned the Nissan rogue SL AWD (2016) for the last 4 years and it was an amazing vehicle! but i would run far away from this deal. 45k is nuts for a nissan rogue considering their dead cost on it is 35k. I would negotiate or go to a different dealer. you should be at 37k all in for a nissan rogue.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
Personal preference, we bought our 2016 Rogue in end of 2016 Dec. We didnt expect much for performance but it made up in space, interior styling and comfort and safety features (BSM, 360 camera, forward collision, pano roof etc). Rogue made for a terrific high way vehicle with amazin fuel consumption. The rear leg room is quite huge as well. absolutely no complaints.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5727 upvotes
I just called to get a quote for insurance on Nissan Rogue...damn it how come it is more exp than Mazda CX5? the difference is like $50
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2003
1361 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
JeganV wrote: You can discount my comment any day it is your right. There is one giant difference between you and me though. I've driven these and seen these vehicles in service because of my job since 2008. As you noted you've never driven the other two, I have, in fact I've driven almost the whole segment this generation and roughly up to 2-3 generations back. Heck I even drove a 2020 Rogue today and still stick by how terrible the vehicle is. The list of what I haven't driven is shorter than what I have. From a Nissan Micra to the BMW X3/Audi Q5 level of vehicles I've driven probably 85% of the models of every make.

When I make a judgement about how awful it is to drive, this is up against at least 200 different vehicle models. I'm not a car reviewer and I've likely driven less models than a proper full time one, but the amount I drive is quite close. And when you've driven this many different vehicles, you get more judgemental especially if you like cars because they're not all the same, not even close. The problem I have with this statement of "I see buying a car is similar to buying shoes. Try them on and see if it fits.", cars aren't shoes, there's significantly more to them than what fits, a bad shoe is disposable and inconsequential, a bad car can ruin your wallet and if it performs poorly, it can get you killed.
Appreciate the insights. Just curious - what do you do for your job?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1088 posts
1224 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I just called to get a quote for insurance on Nissan Rogue...damn it how come it is more exp than Mazda CX5? the difference is like $50
Where are you located? Anecdotally, I see a lot more Rogues than CX-5's in Markham. Also demographics who drive Rogues are kind of skewed toward the higher risk/careless/cluless driver - again not saying all, but from my observation in my area.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1088 posts
1224 upvotes
aZnRYcEbOi wrote: Appreciate the insights. Just curious - what do you do for your job?
Curious as well, I'm assuming he/she probably works for a rental car or leasing agency
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5727 upvotes
bear20 wrote: Where are you located? Anecdotally, I see a lot more Rogues than CX-5's in Markham. Also demographics who drive Rogues are kind of skewed toward the higher risk/careless/cluless driver - again not saying all, but from my observation in my area.
I check both addressess in Markham and North York..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7776 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto

$2200 off on a higher trim Rogue doesn't seem like much of a discount at all. for 43k I would rather just get an Outback.
Jul 29, 2019
909 posts
788 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I just called to get a quote for insurance on Nissan Rogue...damn it how come it is more exp than Mazda CX5? the difference is like $50
Probably because there are more Rogues than CX5 so that increases the chances of a Rogue getting into an accident. It is the same sort of situation with the Honda Civic. But since the difference is only $50 for an entire year you may think that is okay given the interior size difference between the Rogue and CX5.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5727 upvotes
VanillaDonut wrote: Probably because there are more Rogues than CX5 so that increases the chances of a Rogue getting into an accident. It is the same sort of situation with the Honda Civic. But since the difference is only $50 for an entire year you may think that is okay given the interior size difference between the Rogue and CX5.
no....it is $50 diff per month..LOL..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 29, 2019
909 posts
788 upvotes
kiasu wrote: no....it is $50 diff per month..LOL..
oof per month! Well, that is yikes and may actually change your mind with the Rogue.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5727 upvotes
VanillaDonut wrote: oof per month! Well, that is yikes and may actually change your mind with the Rogue.
well...cant really compare..cause I am paying less than $100 a month for my old car...
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)