Hot Deals

2020 Spring/Summer Tire Rebates

Newbie
Apr 1, 2012
36 posts
11 upvotes
1. Does discount only go for buying all 4? I already have 2 new tires and need 2 more
2. Is it okay to have different brand tires in the car? ofc being the same exact size
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
316 upvotes
vancouver, bc
I just bought a 2 year old (DOT 5117) Continental tire for $104 , about $70-80 off the market price. This is at most $25 off. VERY cold deal.
Last edited by Spaceballs on Mar 12th, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator
User avatar
Jul 13, 2008
19006 posts
3481 upvotes
GTA
shazsarus wrote: 1. Does discount only go for buying all 4? I already have 2 new tires and need 2 more
2. Is it okay to have different brand tires in the car? ofc being the same exact size
1) Yes.
2) Generally it's fine as long as the tires on the same axle are the same. Don't slap a set of max performance summers on the rear and winters on the front.
Last edited by Sanforized on Mar 12th, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed double quote
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2014
647 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone can comment on the quality of the Pirelli P7 on sale from Costco? Seems like the best promo for now, or should i wait?
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Jr. Member
Dec 24, 2012
151 posts
25 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
anyone who experienced the Crossclimate (all weather) tires ? I thought 90k km but without swapping tires is good. if this is great tires for winter, then it is good. please advise.
Newbie
Nov 19, 2016
30 posts
6 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: How much do they charge for mount and install?
$95 after tax for 18 inch +

I think $85 for anything smaller
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1188 posts
220 upvotes
CelusC wrote: Anyone can comment on the quality of the Pirelli P7 on sale from Costco? Seems like the best promo for now, or should i wait?
It looks like a decent deal, I'm looking into tires right now - but I just noticed that it's not free installation like their previous deals, so slap on another $80 for installation. Kinda kills the deal.
Jr. Member
Dec 24, 2012
151 posts
25 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
anyone who experienced an can share your view on the Crossclimate (all weather) tires ?
Newbie
May 24, 2016
67 posts
16 upvotes
What a scam. Bought 4 of these tires ( continental) thinking I was saving money. Aside from having to go to 3 different stores to pick them up like an idiot I get home and see manufacturing dates of the 2nd week in 2017. Basically 2 years away from the expiry if you pay attention to the rubber manufacturing association of Canada. Also - one of the tires looks like it was installed incorrectly on someone else’s car, destroyed, and removed. The belt seems ruined. Disgusting. I am going back to Canada Tire and they can have their garbage back. And people wonder why they call this place crappy tire. I love deals but you do get what you pay for. I will be dropping double the amount on safe tires that I can rely on. Do not buy these tires!!!!!!! If you do check the dates. For sure will be minimum 2 years old which may he acceptable but chances are they were ruined and sold to you.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1647 posts
632 upvotes
CT is terrible, they have mostly old stock, I would never buy tires there.
Member
User avatar
Apr 7, 2015
221 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto (GTA)
Since Costco doesn't sell Continental tires are not available in Costco, what's the recommended tire place to buy in Markham Area?
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
316 upvotes
vancouver, bc
DealzToronto wrote: What a scam. Bought 4 of these tires ( continental) thinking I was saving money. Aside from having to go to 3 different stores to pick them up like an idiot I get home and see manufacturing dates of the 2nd week in 2017. Basically 2 years away from the expiry if you pay attention to the rubber manufacturing association of Canada. Also - one of the tires looks like it was installed incorrectly on someone else’s car, destroyed, and removed. The belt seems ruined. Disgusting. I am going back to Canada Tire and they can have their garbage back. And people wonder why they call this place crappy tire. I love deals but you do get what you pay for. I will be dropping double the amount on safe tires that I can rely on. Do not buy these tires!!!!!!! If you do check the dates. For sure will be minimum 2 years old which may he acceptable but chances are they were ruined and sold to you.
Tires don't really expire... especially summer/4 seasons. My father had Yokohama 4 season tires for 8 years, he barely used his truck. I've had 7 years old tires NO PROBLEM (bought 5 years old tire and used it for 2 years until i saw the metal wire). I wouldn't do the same with winter tires. I see you are not from Quebec (war zone roads) so it's even less of a worry.
Newbie
Jul 29, 2018
30 posts
31 upvotes
Spaceballs wrote: Tires don't really expire... especially summer/4 seasons. My father had Yokohama 4 season tires for 8 years, he barely used his truck. I've had 7 years old tires NO PROBLEM (bought 5 years old tire and used it for 2 years until i saw the metal wire). I wouldn't do the same with winter tires. I see you are not from Quebec (war zone roads) so it's even less of a worry.
Please don't spread misinformation. Tires expire after 6 years. You CAN run old tires but risk ruptures because of the rubber compound aging or even separation of tread. Tires are relatively cheap and drastically improve vehicle safety and handling.
Member
Dec 2, 2007
412 posts
178 upvotes
Spaceballs wrote: Tires don't really expire... especially summer/4 seasons. My father had Yokohama 4 season tires for 8 years, he barely used his truck. I've had 7 years old tires NO PROBLEM (bought 5 years old tire and used it for 2 years until i saw the metal wire). I wouldn't do the same with winter tires. I see you are not from Quebec (war zone roads) so it's even less of a worry.
Completely wrong man. 6-10 years max

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/h ... -15408787/

Top