Hot Deals

2020 Spring/Summer Tire Rebates

Sep 15, 2006
41 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Tires have a shelf life , hence why they are stamped with date codes . Usual shelf life for tires , regardless of mileage , is 6 yrs and that is dependant on storage and rotation , etc . I would drive with tires that are older than 6 years even if they were brand new . Winter tires are worse for longevity due to their soft coMposition and storage . So just be aware that when you buy new tires you look at the date code stamped on all the tires , not just one tire , and the speed and load rating for your particular vehicle . Ignorance is not a excuse today as there are search engines to show prices, reviews and tire information . True RDF”s know that the internet made us even better smart shoppers Smiling Face With Sunglasses
May 5, 2011
53 posts
61 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
Michelin discount is only $50 this year. Lame... hopefully i can combine it with some sort of costco install deal.
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
316 upvotes
vancouver, bc
RichardL757 wrote: Please don't spread misinformation. Tires expire after 6 years. You CAN run old tires but risk ruptures because of the rubber compound aging or even separation of tread. Tires are relatively cheap and drastically improve vehicle safety and handling.
YOU are spreading misinformation. 10 years MAX recommended by Michelin, Continental, etc.(reliable and reputable brand of course) That is on the SAFEST recommendation. In reality, depending on the fabrication quality it can probably last 12-13 year. Of course you should always inspect your tires everytime you are putting those summer tires back.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1252 posts
1539 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Ordered a set of Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season online from Canadian Tire that were on sale. With the sale, 30X Triangle points, $50 mail in rebate and $25 Masterpass gift card; it made for a good deal. Thanks.
Jun 17, 2008
99 posts
27 upvotes
Saskatchewan
No KO2's unfortunately in this round
Jun 18, 2006
94 posts
45 upvotes
Burnaby
My mom's 2013 Honda CRV that uses Tire Size: 225/65R17
I am looking at the Michelin tires in Costco:
https://tires.costco.ca/SearchResultsBy ... EX&size=17

What would be her best bet if:
1. She drives merely 5000km a year.
2. No speedy driving. Just easy smooth drives.
3. Low noise and comfort as her priority.
4. A/S mud and snow tire if possible as she may need to drive to whistler or ski sites from Vancouver sometimes in winter.

I am thinking at primacy a/s (it comes with two item/manufacturer numbers but with the same price , I wonder which is better design?)

The stock OEM tires still look fine cosmetically as they have low mileage and the car has always been parked in the garage. However, it has been 7 years passed… do you recommend I changing the tires today or wait a little longer?

Please advise!
Jul 11, 2009
484 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: CEO Tires in Scarborough. I was quoted $720 for 215/45/17 and $670 for 205/45/17. These prices are tax in and install in. SimplyTire might have them slightly cheaper but I submitted a warranty claim through CEO for my old tires so I have to stick with them to get a discount on this new set.
thanks. I'm considering a set of firestone indy500s in 205/55/16. the prices you quoted fore CEO Tires, is the discount only the $75 Visa Prepaid Card indicated in the first post? if so, i'd expect up to $100 cheaper for tires for 16" wheels.

or does it include another discount?
Jul 13, 2008
19006 posts
3481 upvotes
GTA
JimU wrote: thanks. I'm considering a set of firestone indy500s in 205/55/16. the prices you quoted fore CEO Tires, is the discount only the $75 Visa Prepaid Card indicated in the first post? if so, i'd expect up to $100 cheaper for tires for 16" wheels.

or does it include another discount?
The prices that I quoted in my post are without the $75 rebate included. It includes all taxes and install. However, they scratched one of my BBS wheels when they uninstalled my tires. I’m going tomorrow so I’ll see if they’ll cover the refinishing ...
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12614 posts
9851 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
hemiduty wrote: Tires have a shelf life , hence why they are stamped with date codes . Usual shelf life for tires , regardless of mileage , is 6 yrs and that is dependant on storage and rotation , etc . I would drive with tires that are older than 6 years even if they were brand new . Winter tires are worse for longevity due to their soft coMposition and storage . So just be aware that when you buy new tires you look at the date code stamped on all the tires , not just one tire , and the speed and load rating for your particular vehicle . Ignorance is not a excuse today as there are search engines to show prices, reviews and tire information . True RDF”s know that the internet made us even better smart shoppers Smiling Face With Sunglasses
This
Spaceballs wrote: YOU are spreading misinformation. 10 years MAX recommended by Michelin, Continental, etc.(reliable and reputable brand of course) That is on the SAFEST recommendation. In reality, depending on the fabrication quality it can probably last 12-13 year. Of course you should always inspect your tires everytime you are putting those summer tires back.
And sort of this ...

If you don’t drive a lot, the tread might be ok on a tire

BUT, once you get to the Date Stamped on the tire ... then you have issues.

First, if you don’t change over your own tires, but get others (like a Garage / Costco etc) to do it for Summer / Winter ... then it’s possible that they won’t do the change over cuz the tires are EXPIRED ... and it’s a liability issue at that point for them

Even if you do it on your own, and then have an accident ... you may have issues then too ... as your Insurance might consider it negligence. Driving on EXPIRED Tires
Jul 13, 2008
19006 posts
3481 upvotes
GTA
So to follow up on my situation and for @JimU, the 205/45/17 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s came out to $650 (tax and install in) at CEO Tires. They postdated my receipt to March 30th so I can take advantage of the $75 rebate. So all in, it would be $575 for it. In regards to my wheels getting scratched, I had an argument with the actual tire installer in the back of the shop regarding the damage to my wheels. He claimed there was no way they would be scratched from tire removal based on where the damage was. Regardless, Andy did the right thing and reimbursed me for the refinishing of the most damaged wheel. I found identical marks on my other wheels as well but they're minor compared to the most damaged wheel that I brought for him to see.
Nov 9, 2003
149 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: So to follow up on my situation and for @JimU, the 205/45/17 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s came out to $650 (tax and install in) at CEO Tires. They postdated my receipt to March 30th so I can take advantage of the $75 rebate. So all in, it would be $575 for it. In regards to my wheels getting scratched, I had an argument with the actual tire installer in the back of the shop regarding the damage to my wheels. He claimed there was no way they would be scratched from tire removal based on where the damage was. Regardless, Andy did the right thing and reimbursed me for the refinishing of the most damaged wheel. I found identical marks on my other wheels as well but they're minor compared to the most damaged wheel that I brought for him to see.
I had tires installed at CEO over the weekend. What kind of damage were on your wheels? I noticed the day after that two of mine had curb rash around the wheel lip, with one certainly being nastier than the other. Don't remember seeing it before...
Jul 13, 2008
19006 posts
3481 upvotes
GTA
Majestic wrote: I had tires installed at CEO over the weekend. What kind of damage were on your wheels? I noticed the day after that two of mine had curb rash around the wheel lip, with one certainly being nastier than the other. Don't remember seeing it before...
I've attached 2 pictures. The first picture shows the contact that was made with either the head of the tire machine or the crowbar when they were uninstalling my old tires. On the most damaged wheel, it went all the way down to the primer and is on 3 consecutive spokes. I have the same damage on the other wheels but it's not as deep as the ones in the attached picture. The second picture shows presumably where they started to lift the tire off the wheel. I dropped off my wheel to Leprecon to get repaired and they confirmed that it's consistent with damage from a tire machine. What does your damage look like?
Images
  • IMG_3891.JPG
  • IMG_8159.JPG
Nov 9, 2003
149 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: I've attached 2 pictures. The first picture shows the contact that was made with either the head of the tire machine or the crowbar when they were uninstalling my old tires. On the most damaged wheel, it went all the way down to the primer and is on 3 consecutive spokes. I have the same damage on the other wheels but it's not as deep as the ones in the attached picture. The second picture shows presumably where they started to lift the tire off the wheel. I dropped off my wheel to Leprecon to get repaired and they confirmed that it's consistent with damage from a tire machine. What does your damage look like?
Not quite like yours, and not familiar enough with the equipment they were using to determine whether it could be the cause. I definitely recall hearing a *loud* metal screeching sound while waiting though -- and I was the only customer!
Images
  • P_20200318_141357_vHDR_On.jpg
  • P_20200318_141316_vHDR_On.jpg
Jul 13, 2008
19006 posts
3481 upvotes
GTA
Majestic wrote: Not quite like yours, and not familiar enough with the equipment they were using to determine whether it could be the cause. I definitely recall hearing a *loud* metal screeching sound while waiting though -- and I was the only customer!
The first picture looks like actual curb rash to me but I'm not sure about the second picture. I knew that mine was damaged from their machine because I had the OEM tires on them and they had never been taken off before taking it to them. I also checked the wheels before I brought it to them and they were immaculate. They seem to always be in a rush when working. I don't doubt that the tech has done tire installs and uninstalls many times before but rushing a job and not taking care results in issues like this. When I initially went, the tech forgot to put my BBS specific valve cover back on and got scolded by another worker for it. Did you bring up the damage on your wheels to the shop yet?
Nov 9, 2003
149 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: The first picture looks like actual curb rash to me but I'm not sure about the second picture. I knew that mine was damaged from their machine because I had the OEM tires on them and they had never been taken off before taking it to them. I also checked the wheels before I brought it to them and they were immaculate. They seem to always be in a rush when working. I don't doubt that the tech has done tire installs and uninstalls many times before but rushing a job and not taking care results in issues like this. When I initially went, the tech forgot to put my BBS specific valve cover back on and got scolded by another worker for it. Did you bring up the damage on your wheels to the shop yet?
I've been bouncing back and forth between bringing it up. The vehicle is second-hand and was purchased last month. I couldn't find it completely implausible that I missed it during visual inspection and don't want to be pointing fingers without reasonable proof.