Hot Deals

2020 Spring/Summer Tire Rebates

Jul 13, 2008
19006 posts
3481 upvotes
GTA
Majestic wrote: I've been bouncing back and forth between bringing it up. The vehicle is second-hand and was purchased last month. I couldn't find it completely implausible that I missed it during visual inspection and don't want to be pointing fingers without reasonable proof.
Yeah, it's hard to prove if you don't get them to note the condition of the wheels beforehand. For the future, I'm not going to be going back to CEO Tires unless it's for just tires (no mounting). I don't trust their techs with installation.
Jul 11, 2009
484 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Sanforized wrote: Yeah, it's hard to prove if you don't get them to note the condition of the wheels beforehand. For the future, I'm not going to be going back to CEO Tires unless it's for just tires (no mounting). I don't trust their techs with installation.
Thanks for the info.
Jun 1, 2016
954 posts
1856 upvotes
So no deals at Costco yet?
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Talk / Text
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM (allows dual SIM)
Oct 26, 2016
527 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Any places have Group Buy for spring/summer tires in GTA?
Oct 14, 2004
822 posts
174 upvotes
Victoria
DeltaSingh wrote: So no deals at Costco yet?
When I search on tires at Costco some are coming up with an eShop card of $70 or $100. I assume that's how Costco is passing on the rebates to their customers since I believe the rebates are not valid at Costco and some other retailers specifically because of this. It works for me since we shop at Costco often so it's as good as a cash rebate.
Jun 1, 2016
954 posts
1856 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: When I search on tires at Costco some are coming up with an eShop card of $70 or $100. I assume that's how Costco is passing on the rebates to their customers since I believe the rebates are not valid at Costco and some other retailers specifically because of this. It works for me since we shop at Costco often so it's as good as a cash rebate.
I saw those too, I've heard of the fabled $0.01 installations + the rebates
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Talk / Text
  • eSIM (allows dual SIM)
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1162 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: I'm working with Advan Tires on a spring tire group buy. If all goes well, they will have some very competitive pricing. Of course, service will just be as good as before. Stay tuned for details...
Any updates? Interested in AD08Rs but I'm not exactly sure if they're being discontinued or not. Seems harder to find nowadays.
Oct 14, 2004
822 posts
174 upvotes
Victoria
DeltaSingh wrote: I saw those too, I've heard of the fabled $0.01 installations + the rebates
Ooo. I didn't realize there were fables... ;) Saving $80 on installation on top of $70-100 would be great. Do you have any more information? Does one just ask and get lucky, or do they run promos? I'll search around a bit and see what I can find.
Jun 1, 2016
954 posts
1856 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: Ooo. I didn't realize there were fables... ;) Saving $80 on installation on top of $70-100 would be great. Do you have any more information? Does one just ask and get lucky, or do they run promos? I'll search around a bit and see what I can find.
Apparently there are promos, some people have mentioned them here. I have seen them at Costco too but never when I needed tires lol

No other information atm, I'm sure there will be posts here soon
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Talk / Text
  • eSIM (allows dual SIM)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3134 posts
1734 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeyCanuck wrote: Ooo. I didn't realize there were fables... ;) Saving $80 on installation on top of $70-100 would be great. Do you have any more information? Does one just ask and get lucky, or do they run promos? I'll search around a bit and see what I can find.
Given the recession in North America, most tire manufacturers including Michelin, Pirelli, and Goodyear have already cut down production as they expect less demand.

I would definitely expect free installation promos in the next couple quarters.
May 5, 2010
61 posts
15 upvotes
Wainwright
Was looking to get a set of Generals AS-05 from Canadian Tire. Looking at the General Website there is a rebate of $70 for this particular tire, but seems like only for the US.
Is there a separate Canadian generals website?
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
2233 posts
32 upvotes
since CEO Tires has some complaints, Simplytires is no longer allen, who else is left ?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3488 posts
2263 upvotes
GTA
diabolical7 wrote: since CEO Tires has some complaints, Simplytires is no longer allen, who else is left ?
Costco always for me. Hassle free, no Mickey Mouse stuff.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4868 posts
1525 upvotes
any good place to buy just the rims if i already got my tires separately?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13879 posts
3146 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just an update. Due to COVID-19, Advan may have issues launching a Spring tire group buy. They're still dealing with the suppliers to determine pricing.