Hot Deals

2020 Winter Tire Rebates

Jun 14, 2012
45 posts
30 upvotes
Anyone know if Cooper will offer a Fall rebate?
Noticed their spring rebate just ended September 8th, I’m interested in a set of their AT3 XLT for my truck.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5030 posts
14045 upvotes
Winnipeg
First post updated with rebates from Cooper, Falken, and Hercules.
Nov 14, 2017
3 posts
4 upvotes
WRIGHT828 wrote: What vehicle? Location? Highway commuter? In town grocery-getter? Rural back road driving? I'm happy to provide some recommendations with some extra info.
I have a toyota highlander hybrid 2013 i think 245 65 R17. Driving is town grocery getter with summer long highway drives in British Columbia. 1-2 weeks of snow in a year
i would like the cabin to be quiet. :)
Thankyou for your suggestions
Jun 15, 2015
82 posts
41 upvotes
Winnipeg,MB
hi, where can I buy some cheap rims?
May 9, 2017
75 posts
39 upvotes
I was going to pull the trigger for a set of Nokian, and then I read the fine prints of the rebate offer:
Les achats en ligne, effectués via des sites Internet, ne sont pas éligibles
which translates to: "not applicable on online purchases".

Welcome to 2020 I guess?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1254 posts
568 upvotes
Ontario
I just got an approval for my $100 Michelin rebate for the CrossClimate 2s I bought the other day. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to mail out...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1211 posts
1089 upvotes
I just checked mine and it’s approved as well! Submitted yesterday!
IcarusLSC wrote: I just got an approval for my $100 Michelin rebate for the CrossClimate 2s I bought the other day. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to mail out...
Last edited by naticom on Sep 16th, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 25, 2014
113 posts
85 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
wildmen wrote: hi, where can I buy some cheap rims?
Looking for the same. I managed to get some cheap tires from the walmart tire centre closure clearances and looking for some cheapo rims for my 2016 Versa Note. Nothing fancy.
Aug 29, 2010
121 posts
94 upvotes
IcarusLSC wrote: I just got an approval for my $100 Michelin rebate for the CrossClimate 2s I bought the other day. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to mail out...
Any idea what the differences are between crossclimate, crossclimate+, crossclimate SUV, and crossclimate 2 in terms of winter capabilities? I'm struggling to find much detailed info online other than "marketing speak."
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1254 posts
568 upvotes
Ontario
McGus wrote: Any idea what the differences are between crossclimate, crossclimate+, crossclimate SUV, and crossclimate 2 in terms of winter capabilities? I'm struggling to find much detailed info online other than "marketing speak."
I emailed them and only got a generic reply as well:
Michelin email support wrote:CrossClimate+​
Designed for light winter weather as well as summer - contains the silica tread compound to make the tire better acclimated for a wide range of weather conditions​
Full depth 3D sipes - ensures that your wet braking performance will be long lasting and excellent​
Bevel Edge tread blocks - gives additional performance security on dry road that require lots of turns​

CrossClimate SUV​
A reinvented CrossClimate+ that is designed to perform well in light off road conditions as well as the above attributes ​

CrossClimate2​
Designed to replace the Premier line of products ​
Contains emerging rain grooves to offer additional evacuation of water once the tire is half worn​
Piano Tune Technology insures that the ride is quiet. Unlike the predecessors of its kind, offers less noise from the tread pattern ​
New tread compound gives longer life than preceding models (approximately 1 year additional tread life over competitor tires) ​
When I asked about the B traction rating and difference in the SUV vs 2, I got this:
Michelin email support wrote:The new Michelin CrossClimate 2 tire is rated a B for traction, which gives in better wear with the limited tread warranty of 60,000 miles. Also, keep in mind, the UTQG rating is used by tire manufacturer's to rate their tires. This is not to say that the A traction would be better. The new CrossClimate 2 tire has a different compound in the tread the provides improved wet and dry braking, including snow performance over the old Michelin CrossClimate SUV tires. The actual compound in the tread is where you get the better performance in wet and dry.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Aug 29, 2010
121 posts
94 upvotes
IcarusLSC wrote: I emailed them and only got a generic reply as well: When I asked about the B traction rating and difference in the SUV vs 2, I got this:
Thanks so much!!!! Thumbs Up Sign I appreciate it!
Aug 16, 2020
1 posts
Not true do not need to be both at the same time, it must be both within the date of the promo - Us at blackcircles.ca all rebate mention on our deal pages are in effect and you can benefit from them
May 7, 2014
62 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg , MB
Does Michelin $70 mail-in rebate applies to Winter tires only ? It mentions "purchase of 4 eligible new Michelin tires" but not clear if All -Season tires are eligible for it or not.

I am looking for "Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+" but wondering if I should wait till October
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1046 posts
552 upvotes
wildmen wrote: hi, where can I buy some cheap rims?
I've always found the best deals for used alloy's from Kijiji. And you may want to do that soon, as demand will go up with winter tire swap season coming in a month or so.

I managed to find a few set of 17" alloys in really good condition for ~ $300, at that price you can't really find steelies for that price. And alloy's are stronger, look nicer, and doesn't rust.
Aug 27, 2013
547 posts
261 upvotes
cloud
An update on the Nokian rebate for the Kal Tire-exclusive provinces -- I asked in store about rebates on the all-weather WR G4 / WR G4 SUV tires and found out that there will be a $50 rebate starting on Nov 15th. I told the guy I couldn't wait that long, and he kindly offered me a >$50 discount for 4 tires. Worth a try for anyone interested!