Feb 11, 2015
4172 posts
32496 upvotes
Toronto, ON

2021/04/25 Shreddies - Double Your Good Fortune Contest

https://doubleshreddies.ca/Start

https://doubleshreddies.ca/rules.pdf

No purchase necessary. There are two ways to enter this Contest:
1. During the Contest Period, visit www.doubleshreddies.ca (the "Contest Website") and fully complete the entry form including your full name, email address, province of residence, phone number and age range (optional). You will then be required to upload a photo of a “double Shreddies” found within a box of Shreddies cereal (a “Photo”), which must comply with the requirements set out in these Official Rules (including the Photo Requirements set out in section 4 below), and confirm that you have read and agree to these Official Rules including the license to use the Photo. Photos must be submitted in one of the following formats: .jpg, .jpeg, or.png, with a max file size for 20 MB. Once you click on “Submit”, you will receive one (1) entry into the Weekly Prize Draw for the Weekly Prize Period (as defined in the table in section 6 below) in which you entered the Contest, and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw.
Bonus Entry: Once you submit the entry, you will be given the opportunity to share information about the Contest on social media. When you choose to share by clicking on either the Facebook,

or Twitter button provided, you will automatically receive one additional entry into the applicable Weekly Prize Draw and into the Grand Prize Draw. You will then be given some suggested language to post, which you may edit, and you may choose to post the share. To share on either of the social platforms, you must have a valid account for that platform. Sharing on both platforms will not increase the number of bonus entries available. Please note that there may be other opportunities on the Website to share your Photo on either Facebook or Twitter; these opportunities are provided for your convenience and will not result in bonus entries.
2. To obtain an entry without making a purchase, legibly hand write your full first and last name, complete street address, and valid e-mail address and an original essay (minimum 50 words) on why you love Shreddies cereal and mail it to: Shreddies Double Your Good Fortune Contest, 20440 Simcoe St., Seagrave, Ontario L0C 1G0. Limit of one (1) entry per outer envelope bearing sufficient postage. Mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Contest Period and received by April 30, 2021. Mail-in entries will not be returned. Mail-in entries must be original and hand- written. No mechanical reproductions are allowed. Mail-in entries will receive one (1) entry and one (1) bonus entry into both the Grand Prize Draw and the Weekly Prize Draw for the week in which they are received, and those received between April 25th and April 30th at noon ET will be included in the Weekly Prize Draw #12.
There is a limit of one (1) entry and one (1) bonus entry per person per Weekly Prize Period (as set out in the table in section 6) regardless of the method of entry.

PRIZES:
Grand Prize: There is one grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won consisting of a double
prize of five thousand dollar (total Grand Prize value of $10,000 CAD), payable by cheque.

Weekly Prizes: There are twelve (12) weekly prizes (each a “Weekly Prize”) available to be won, one (1) for each Weekly Prize Period (as defined below), as set out in the table below:

i might have to get into the rhythm of NPE contests this year, but so far not doing them, and buying something I won't use just for a chance to win, seems like something a true contestant would do. I really would throw this out, so hopefully get around to doing NPE's for contests I wouldn't be able to enter otherwise.

Still sharing, hopefully we all win something we put some effort into, all for the lone purpose of good odds and a little luck or a lot of luck lol

Good luck!
Last edited by Sanforized on Feb 1st, 2021 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated title to reflect contest start
17 replies
Dec 1, 2015
69 posts
205 upvotes
BC
Thanks

This is a weekly: "There is a limit of one (1) entry and one (1) bonus entry per person per Weekly Prize Period"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4172 posts
32496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
helloworld111 wrote: Thanks

This is a weekly: "There is a limit of one (1) entry and one (1) bonus entry per person per Weekly Prize Period"
Thanks, thought I put other, but yeah, it's 1 per week regardless if npe or pur. Bonus for sharing I think.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19416 posts
5699 upvotes
Thanks...

Well, what do you know? I have a box of Shreddies sitting unopened on my cereal shelf. Will have to look and take some pix...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4172 posts
32496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ooo, I thought there would be packaging or a poster insert of a DoubleShreddies. Didn't realize it's just two stuck together that the machine didn't end up cutting properly. Still no cereal and have no where to give it after I take a picture lol.

No specially marked box needed.
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15156 posts
5025 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks kindly. Entered.
Thanks kindly. Entered.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2021!
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
15187 posts
305 upvotes
Thanks
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19416 posts
5699 upvotes
Found only 1 in that box. Entered the pic. Thanks...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4172 posts
32496 upvotes
Toronto, ON
can't you use some glue and put 3 together for a total mutation. they prob come in as 2's side by side, or not, so 3 would probably not fall through the canister and get stuck or get put aside and not into the box. either way, not all boxes may contain them. seem to be rare if there's 1 per box or so
Mar 26, 2018
56 posts
146 upvotes
Can you use the same picture every week? I kept the double so I can take different pics if necessary but... easier just to keep submitting same one :)
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
3603 posts
6546 upvotes
Kelowna
pancakemeow1 wrote: Can you use the same picture every week? I kept the double so I can take different pics if necessary but... easier just to keep submitting same one :)
I kept the shreddy I found, and take pictures of it each week in different places. It's become an elf on the shelf, until my son accidently eats it.
May 16, 2002
35 posts
3 upvotes
Peterborough
It's interesting in that the "double Shreddie" is not just an error in the cutting process. I found 5 of them in my box and they show no sign of mis-stamping. They obviously removed a divider between two Shreddies in the stamper to give something like a one-in-500 ratio. Does anyone remember the Diamond Shreddie promo?