Expired Contests

[Once]

2021/06/22 ENDS TODAY @ MIDNIGHT EST Macmillan - Advance Access Apples Never Fall Sweepstakes - 100 Book Wins - NO QC -

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 4:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4961 posts
36434 upvotes
Toronto, ON

2021/06/22 ENDS TODAY @ MIDNIGHT EST Macmillan - Advance Access Apples Never Fall Sweepstakes - 100 Book Wins - NO QC -

https://read.macmillan.com/promo/2holta ... esweeps21/

100 Grand Prize(s) will be offered. The Grand Prize consists of a(n) One (1) ARC of APPLES NEVER FALL by Liane Moriarty.. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $28.99 USD.

Good luck!
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4961 posts
36434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
oops, ends tomorrow. Thought it was the 22nd, doesn't feel like summer. I guess my td calendar was right, summer started on the 20th, and the 21st was a wind gusty day.

won't edit the title and main post since that will leave the topic in limbo since I'm in the penalty box but a mod can do it. my bad still some time left!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20778 posts
6584 upvotes
Are you a: Bookseller, Librarian, Journalist or Educator. Somehow this doesn't seem like it's open to the general public but the rules don't say otherwise. But I used to sell books on eBay. Wonder if that counts?

Thanks...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
4961 posts
36434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DougO wrote: Are you a: Bookseller, Librarian, Journalist or Educator. Somehow this doesn't seem like it's open to the general public but the rules don't say otherwise. But I used to sell books on eBay. Wonder if that counts?

Thanks...
I sold one book I won from goodreads, and tried to sell them all. I guess I thought I'd read them at the time of entering, and got into reading a few, but never managed to read a full book and get hooked on someone else's viewpoint. Movies are easier, cuz there are segments and clips and you can rehash what you like and dislike though it's all been collaborated and weaved. Now I'm left with a heart that's the first step for being full, a mind that's high and seems to think completed equations (math) formulate into music somehow, and above the mind only something we gotta keep climbing into without the scene or vision. I guess these days you don't need a license to sell online, or a devoted storefront. I take it if books are hot and current, they sell quick, otherwise, lots of books, no one even glances at anymore or wants to buy. I'll prob do one more try to list them out at 5 or 10 a pop since they definitely take up too much space and I just don't want to throw them out. Could donate, but one more time to try and sell, and than I'll prob do just that. At least older vinyl still sells. I thought I'd be out of luck listing them out locally and would have to go the online route.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2027 posts
1919 upvotes
Halifax, NS
DougO wrote: Are you a: Bookseller, Librarian, Journalist or Educator. Somehow this doesn't seem like it's open to the general public but the rules don't say otherwise. But I used to sell books on eBay. Wonder if that counts?

Thanks...
The librarian in our newsroom retired last year and I have to tackle her duties (on top of my own, OF COURSE, but I digress) so I can actually say I am one hahahh. 🤣

Thanks op!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
22796 posts
5796 upvotes
North Vancouver
If you educate yourself, then you are an Educator.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20778 posts
6584 upvotes
stinastr wrote: I sold one book I won from goodreads, and tried to sell them all. I guess I thought I'd read them at the time of entering, and got into reading a few, but never managed to read a full book and get hooked on someone else's viewpoint. Movies are easier, cuz there are segments and clips and you can rehash what you like and dislike though it's all been collaborated and weaved. Now I'm left with a heart that's the first step for being full, a mind that's high and seems to think completed equations (math) formulate into music somehow, and above the mind only something we gotta keep climbing into without the scene or vision. I guess these days you don't need a license to sell online, or a devoted storefront. I take it if books are hot and current, they sell quick, otherwise, lots of books, no one even glances at anymore or wants to buy. I'll prob do one more try to list them out at 5 or 10 a pop since they definitely take up too much space and I just don't want to throw them out. Could donate, but one more time to try and sell, and than I'll prob do just that. At least older vinyl still sells. I thought I'd be out of luck listing them out locally and would have to go the online route.
I used to sell lots of comics and scifi books. Philip K. Dick after his "epiphany" were hot sellers. His earlier straight scifi books, not so much. Also HP Lovecraft and other pulp magazine writers. VHS tapes were also lucrative. All good stuff but I don't do that anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1562 posts
1976 upvotes
Toronto
I guess I entered this contest and forgot about it. Book just showed up today.