Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Contests

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Daily]

2021/08/15 Mondelez Canada Inc. "SOUR PATCH KIDS MYSTERY CONTEST" PUR or NPE [All Canada]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2021 10:58 pm
Mar 31, 2021
467 posts
1502 upvotes

2021/08/15 Mondelez Canada Inc. "SOUR PATCH KIDS MYSTERY CONTEST" PUR or NPE [All Canada]

ELIGIBILITY:

Contest is open only to residents of Canada, who are 13 years of age and older
at of the time of entry.

TO ENTER:

Contest begins at 12:00 am ET on April 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on
August 15, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).

There are two ways to enter:

A) Make a Purchase: Purchase a specially marked package of the SOUR PATCH KIDS Mystery product and taste the
product. Then, visit www.SourPatchKidsMystery.ca or www.SourPatchKidsMystere.ca
(“Website”) and follow the links and instructions to complete the registration form and provide your
guess as to the flavour of the 2021 SOUR PATCH KIDS Mystery product. Please make sure your
flavour guess is spelled correctly as Sponsor is only accepting a set number of correctly spelled
flavour variations. If you provide a correct answer, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest.

OR

B) No Purchase Method: To receive your Contest entry without making a purchase or
providing a correct guess, hand print, on a 3" x 5" piece of paper, your name, street address, city,
province, postal code, daytime phone number, email, date-of-birth, and a guess as to the flavour
of the 2021 SOUR PATCH KIDS Mystery product and mail it in a stamped envelope to: SOUR
PATCH KIDS Mystery Contest, 1690 Huron Church Rd., #310, Windsor, ON, N9C 2L1. Mail-in
requests must be postmarked by August 15, 2021 when the Contest ends and received by August
22, 2021. You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest whether your guess is correct or not.

Limit: One (1) Contest entry, per email address/person, per day during the Contest Period
regardless of method of entry. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method
to obtain more than the stated number of entries per day will void your entry/entries and result in
disqualification.

PRIZE:

One (1) Grand Prize: A $25,000 CDN cheque. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is
$25,000 CDN. Prize is non-transferable. If applicable, winner is responsible for all taxes and fees
associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible
entries received during the Contest Period.

CONTEST DRAWING:

Administrator will select potential Contest
winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period at
10:00 am ET on August 27, 2021 in Southfield, MI, U.S.A. The potential winner will be required
to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be
eligible to receive the prize. The potential winner will be notified by email or phone. The potential
winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) must execute and
return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") within ten (10)
days of attempted delivery or potential winner forfeits the prize and it may be awarded to an
alternate winner.

WINNERS' LIST: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/2KY9t8X. The winner list will be posted
after winner confirmation is complete.

Enter: https://mondelez.promo.eprize.com/sourp ... mysteryca/

Rules: https://mondelez.promo.eprize.com/sourp ... /rules.pdf
30 replies
Feb 3, 2015
402 posts
5621 upvotes
Ontario
Thread by u/DeltaAmpersandDelta on reddit:

It's banana cream pie. 100000% not a doubt in my mind.

1. "It gives laughs and can be a riot, cause when it flies nobody's silent." Throwing a pie at somebody.

2. "Back in the 80s it came by storm, but not the 80s you think of." Bananas were first cultivated in America in the 1880s.

3. "A movie villain, a mysterious smile, a part of this kid, is very versatile." I hate that I think this is a reference to Despicable Me and the Minions going 'banana.' But it does only mention a part of the kid, so banana from the banana cream pie. (other people saying the Joker throws pies at people)

4. "A dough that twinkles had its origins here. It's nit a star and it tastes pretty near." Twinkies were originally filled with banana cream until a banana shortage forced them to change to vanilla. Hence "had its origins here."

5. "Across the pond it has a different name, but there's an extra ingredient in the game." This is Banoffee pie, a famous english dessert very similar to banana cream pie, with one extra ingredient

Plus, they just taste like banana Laffy Taffy, almost exactly if you let the sour powder dissolve before tasting it.

_____

That seems to be the most popular guess by far!
Aug 22, 2012
564 posts
841 upvotes
GTA
777Kevin wrote: Thread by u/DeltaAmpersandDelta on reddit:

1. "It gives laughs and can be a riot, cause when it flies nobody's silent." Throwing a pie at somebody.

2. "Back in the 80s it came by storm, but not the 80s you think of." Bananas were first cultivated in America in the 1880s.

3. "A movie villain, a mysterious smile, a part of this kid, is very versatile." I hate that I think this is a reference to Despicable Me and the Minions going 'banana.' But it does only mention a part of the kid, so banana from the banana cream pie. (other people saying the Joker throws pies at people)

4. "A dough that twinkles had its origins here. It's nit a star and it tastes pretty near." Twinkies were originally filled with banana cream until a banana shortage forced them to change to vanilla. Hence "had its origins here."

5. "Across the pond it has a different name, but there's an extra ingredient in the game." This is Banoffee pie, a famous english dessert very similar to banana cream pie, with one extra ingredient

Plus, they just taste like banana Laffy Taffy, almost exactly if you let the sour powder dissolve before tasting it.

_____

Thank you. I have been entering simply "banana" everyday.. glad I stopped by the thread
Contesting can be a healthy coping mechanism I have fallen in love with this forum
- Double Lung Transplant 05/13/16. #BeADonor - &Get your colonoscopies!
*Thank you RFD*
Sep 6, 2019
282 posts
561 upvotes
777Kevin wrote: Thread by u/DeltaAmpersandDelta on reddit:

_____

Funny, how I wrote banana and cream pie separately , alternating each day. Thanks Kevin for giving us the answer!!! Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2466 posts
3866 upvotes
Thanks! Good Luck!
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44557 posts
44957 upvotes
Economy, NS
Thank You!~
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1015 posts
1948 upvotes
Thanks for posting @lilyofthewild Looking at the replies there were a few other members that have known about the contest for a while but they didn't post it. Confused Face

Cheers to you
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44557 posts
44957 upvotes
Economy, NS
jnunavut wrote: Thanks for posting @lilyofthewild Looking at the replies there were a few other members that have known about the contest for a while but they didn't post it. Confused Face

Cheers to you
Confused Face
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Feb 3, 2015
402 posts
5621 upvotes
Ontario
jnunavut wrote: Thanks for posting @lilyofthewild Looking at the replies there were a few other members that have known about the contest for a while but they didn't post it. Confused Face

Cheers to you
No one is obligated to post every contest they find. No one is paid to post contests. I am extremely thankful to everyone who has sacrificed hours of their time to post contests over the 5+ years I’ve been on RFD.

I will never, ever be angry for someone not posting a contest, especially when they do post some when they can.

It’s like being upset at an unpaid volunteer for not working hard enough, rather than thanking them for their contributions.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1015 posts
1948 upvotes
777Kevin wrote: No one is obligated to post every contest they find. No one is paid to post contests. I am extremely thankful to everyone who has sacrificed hours of their time to post contests over the 5+ years I’ve been on RFD.

I will never, ever be angry for someone not posting a contest, especially when they do post some when they can.

It’s like being upset at an unpaid volunteer for not working hard enough, rather than thanking them for their contributions.
Not mad at all. It is just disappointing/amusing when they take the time to comment on the thread (mentioning they have been entering for days) but posting it in the first place doesn't really take any longer than typing the comment. It is what it is. No real skin off my nose.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24148 posts
43041 upvotes
ONTARIO
jnunavut wrote: Not mad at all. It is just disappointing/amusing when they take the time to comment on the thread (mentioning they have been entering for days) but posting it in the first place doesn't really take any longer than typing the comment. It is what it is. No real skin off my nose.
Couldn't agree more.
Feb 3, 2015
402 posts
5621 upvotes
Ontario
jnunavut wrote: Not mad at all. It is just disappointing/amusing when they take the time to comment on the thread (mentioning they have been entering for days) but posting it in the first place doesn't really take any longer than typing the comment. It is what it is. No real skin off my nose.
It takes me around 5 minutes to post a contest vs. 10 seconds to enter with autofill. I need to read all the rules carefully (No QC?... prize list... end date etc....) Search the board to make sure it hasn't been posted and double check all the formatting.

I am entering for myself, it's beneficial to me. Posting a contest is completely selfless, if anything it decreases your chances of winning. I do it when I can because I believe in karma and I enjoy helping other people win too.

Thank you to everyone for contributing in whatever way you can! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
8604 posts
6773 upvotes
GTA, ON
good luck - love cash