2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 7:28 am
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12996 posts
3313 upvotes
Montréal
Pretty telling as they usually remove unsightly front plates to show off more of the car but here they intentionally included it to break up that MASSIVE grill. Did Lexus take over BMW while I was asleep? LOL. Horrible.

Btw, no idea how someone could say Giulia's ugly. Maybe 'meh' due to personal tastes, but UGLY? Naw.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53352 posts
18251 upvotes
Guilia looks like a praying mantis, this BMW beaver teeth or waffle maker, Lexus Darth Vader, Acura pentagonal clown, Toyota ugly lol, except for the Venza surprisingly , Audi is kinda hexagonal but because it's so big and not so irregular in shape, people don't take notice of it.

Is there reason for these gaping grills? A big portion are decorative and not open anyway.

Any chance the 2021 or 22 2 Series coupe will look like this too? :)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
26354 posts
11398 upvotes
Toronto
eventually, all bmw models will look like that .... go big or go home Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53352 posts
18251 upvotes
booblehead wrote: eventually, all bmw models will look like that .... go big or go home Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
At least now we know what the i4 looks like haha. Maybe just cover part of the front hood with those vinyl / leatherette covers to protect it from rock chips.
https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Fiat-500-F ... B005HOS862

Only Porsche has retained the non-flashy horizontal grills of yesteryears, it seems. I miss the old looks like the one on my 11 Accord coupe and even the 9th gen Accord. Just plain and simple and maybe just save money not over-designing the grill and just put the money into better use like 84-months 0% interest loans.
https://hondanews.com/en-US/releases/20 ... 004c35f0ab
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11679 posts
1381 upvotes
Toronto
georgecantstandya wrote: If the side profile stays the same, this thing is a winner IMO

Isn't this basically the last gen Accord Coupe?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5380 posts
4050 upvotes
Head of Design Domagoj Dukec specifically said in a media roundtable discussion that this is a design that was specifically created for the 4 Series.

On a broad scale, he explained that with BMW's expansive line of vehicles, the brand wants to start differentiating each model more, giving them unique identities. As such, the design team made sure the 4 Series wasn't just a smaller version of the 8 Series, or a larger version of the 2 Series. He also noted that customers don't just want a different size of one style. As for why the 4 Series is particularly bold, part of that has to do with a design decision that the even-numbered coupe and coupe-like models are to be more expressive and distinct than the odd-numbered sedan and crossover models. The takeaway is that the 4 Series design won't spread to everything, and there will probably be more conservatively designed models in the future, including popular models like the 3 Series sedan.
Either they are walking back and saving face or that's original intention from the get go. Sounds like this grill is 4 series only. And may be even number line if it's received well.
board123 wrote: Isn't this basically the last gen Accord Coupe?
Every coupe looks like Accord coupe if you want it to be.

Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2310 posts
1570 upvotes
Markham
It matters not how ugly or useless, enough people will probably buy one because its a BMW. I never thought that turd called the X6 would survive...it did, despite it being rather terrible at everything.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53352 posts
18251 upvotes
Xtrema wrote:
Either they are walking back and saving face or that's original intention from the get go. Sounds like this grill is 4 series only. And may be even number line if it's received well.

Every coupe looks like Accord coupe if you want it to be.

Such an honor to have my 8th gen Accord side profile copied. Except for the taillights on the 8.5, it looks nice overall.

It's true what one person on C/D posted. It looks decent on the tall SUVs. My father-in-law has the latest X5 and it isn't that bad looking up front. Maybe because the grill design is vertical lines on the X5.

Maybe all coupes will get this styling haha but the i4 is almost guaranteed to look like this. It's not so bad if you can get one in a darker color.

I showed the front to my wife and she likes it. I told her she just liked anything shiny and new and BMW.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Jun 2nd, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18086 posts
2020 upvotes
Woodbridge
JeganV wrote: It matters not how ugly or useless, enough people will probably buy one because its a BMW. I never thought that turd called the X6 would survive...it did, despite it being rather terrible at everything.
I thought I was the only one. LOL

It seems like after BMW, after 4 can't do anything right.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12996 posts
3313 upvotes
Montréal
I know I'm gonna get desensitized to that BIG FREAKING new grill much like Lexus' lmao.

Ya, I hate non-functional things, doubt the whole area lets air in. Anyway, wonder what it looks like w/o the front plate?
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Sep 19, 2013
813 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
Whichever company that designs an aftermarket OEM style bumper but with a normal sized grille would get a lot of sales
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12996 posts
3313 upvotes
Montréal
LMAO Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 14, 2007
960 posts
378 upvotes
I like the lines minus the front teeth.