2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 7:28 am
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4848 posts
913 upvotes
Montreal
alanbrenton wrote: Such an honor to have my 8th gen Accord side profile copied. Except for the taillights on the 8.5, it looks nice overall.

It's true what one person on C/D posted. It looks decent on the tall SUVs. My father-in-law has the latest X5 and it isn't that bad looking up front. Maybe because the grill design is vertical lines on the X5.

Maybe all coupes will get this styling haha but the i4 is almost guaranteed to look like this. It's not so bad if you can get one in a darker color.

I showed the front to my wife and she likes it. I told her she just liked anything shiny and new and BMW.
She clearly wants you to upgrade to a bummer.;)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53352 posts
18251 upvotes
If we place enough decorative plates around the bottom, won't that bring it back to the nicer kidney grill design?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
26354 posts
11398 upvotes
Toronto
the front is way too busy. I only like the headlights and nothing else.

The rear seems to be ok to me.

Overall, it is what it is. I just have to see one live on the street to make any more comment
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1193 posts
975 upvotes
Front looks really bad. I am guessing redesign coming next year if they want to have any good sales number.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53352 posts
18251 upvotes
booblehead wrote: the front is way too busy. I only like the headlights and nothing else.

The rear seems to be ok to me.

Overall, it is what it is. I just have to see one live on the street to make any more comment
I thought you moonlighted as a BMW/MB/Audi salesperson? The model hasn't been released for showrooms yet?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
26354 posts
11398 upvotes
Toronto
haha.

I also don't expect to see a lot of this on the roads anyway as the coupe market is fairly dead. I am sure the loaded one will top out $80K Face Screaming In Fear (for coupe)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1739 posts
234 upvotes
Thornhill
booblehead wrote: haha.

I also don't expect to see a lot of this on the roads anyway as the coupe market is fairly dead. I am sure the loaded one will top out $80K Face Screaming In Fear (for coupe)
That price sounds about right. I tried the UK configurator and converted to CAD and it topped out close to 80k. That is a insanely priced high
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3059 posts
363 upvotes
GTA
The more I look at it the worse it gets for me. Those grills on the front bumper on the sides remind me of the current Civic (i.e. plasticky/gawdy) and that black rubber strip along the side shouldn't be there. I also still can't get past the grill.

What has happened to car design. More and more I find myself thinking that almost every manufacturer had better looking vehicles at some point in the past. All of the current offerings are just a mixture of design elements from existing vehicles.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
12996 posts
3313 upvotes
Montréal
The_Professor wrote: The more I look at it the worse it gets for me. Those grills on the front bumper on the sides remind me of the current Civic (i.e. plasticky/gawdy) and that black rubber strip along the side shouldn't be there. I also still can't get past the grill.

What has happened to car design. More and more I find myself thinking that almost every manufacturer had better looking vehicles at some point in the past. All of the current offerings are just a mixture of design elements from existing vehicles.
Ya, speaking of which, the rear reminds me of some Lexus, not that it's a bad thing or good thing, but BMW seems to have lost their unique identity....well, the front more than makes up for that, there's NO mistaking it for something else LOL.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Apr 11, 2009
543 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote: Ya, speaking of which, the rear reminds me of some Lexus, not that it's a bad thing or good thing, but BMW seems to have lost their unique identity....well, the front more than makes up for that, there's NO mistaking it for something else LOL.
when the new 3 series came out the tail lights were so Lexus like...it has the L shape LED
feels like BMW taking some design cues from Lexus in their new lineup
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5380 posts
4050 upvotes

Now that you have seen the big nostrils, does going back to smaller one looks ok?

And here's an North American plate, probably not the right location since it blocks the radar.