2021 Honda CRV vs 2022 Hyundai Tucson

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2021 1:17 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3804 posts
3193 upvotes
Southern Ontario
hightech wrote: Some people work hard and have money to afford to change vehicles every 2 years.
So do I... I just like being debt free so I keep my vehicles.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2012
314 posts
60 upvotes
Edmonton
hightech wrote: Some people work hard and have money to afford to change vehicles every 2 years.
And its not only that, if you keep your car in good shape, some dealers will actually give give you the payout remaining leaving you with no shortfall (negative equity) so it makes sense to get a new vehicle every 2 years. The only "have money" part is registration, maybe increase in insurance and maybe other dealer fees.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12353 posts
4866 upvotes
Toronto
Gibsons wrote: So do I... I just like being debt free so I keep my vehicles.
Definitely. many people drive an very old car even they are very rich. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

That's why car is not a symbol of your personal wealth.

However when someone works very hard in life, it is a reward to able to afford nicer things.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2454 posts
3227 upvotes
mlallany wrote: And its not only that, if you keep your car in good shape, some dealers will actually give give you the payout remaining leaving you with no shortfall (negative equity) so it makes sense to get a new vehicle every 2 years. The only "have money" part is registration, maybe increase in insurance and maybe other dealer fees.
The dealer isn't "giving" anyone anything - they are just making a sensible calculation of the current trade-in value vs the lease payout. No different from you buying out the vehicle at the end of the lease and flipping it yourself for a profit (over the buyout amount).
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50551 posts
14917 upvotes
ONTARIO
MP3_SKY wrote: Definitely. many people drive an very old car even they are very rich. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

That's why car is not a symbol of your personal wealth.

However when someone works very hard in life, it is a reward to able to afford nicer things.
When that Barry & Honey Sherman murder came out and was all over the news... I noticed Honey Sherman drove an older 1st gen Lexus GX. An over10 year old car. Sure she was balling when she bought it brand new. But she kept driving it until it was old rather then replace the SUV every 3 years... But even @ her level of wealth she could literally buy a brand new Rolls Royce every 12 months and not even put a dent in her net worth.
It's been estimated the Shermans were worth anywhere from $5 billion to $10 billion. The ITOs also reveal police wanted to know where and how the Shermans were spending their money.Jan. 5, 2021
Spouse: Honey Sherman
Founded: Apotex
Place of death: Toronto

Court documents reveal more details about 2017 homicides of ...
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1591 posts
360 upvotes
GTA
The 2022 CRV is coming out soon with an all new design and the 2022 Tuscon Hybrid is a much better vehicle than the gas model.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9651 posts
9183 upvotes
Gibsons wrote: So do I... I just like being debt free so I keep my vehicles.
It's basically for people that like new shiny things, understand the depreciation they are going to take on and ok with that depreciation financing at low rate.

The fact that I cut used car salesmen and random Kijidiots, lowballers out of my life is worth its weight in gold.

If you are ok with driving a new car to the ground or keep flipping used cars, that's definitely a lot cheaper to own vehicles.

And to OP, if you have no issue with CRX, just buy it out and keep driving it. 5 yr lease is BS. Getting another CRX is basically trading a car you the know with a car you don't (may be built on Friday?) with absolutely 0 gain since it's the same car.

At least with Hyundai, it's a bit of different/upgrade. But I don't think I'll trust their 4 bangers ever again.
Oct 4, 2010
880 posts
481 upvotes
Surrey
also you do have the option to buy it out at the end at the residual value.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16793 posts
5382 upvotes
Toronto
matrixfwd wrote: also you do have the option to buy it out at the end at the residual value.
Yes and in most cases, you can deal with the finance arm directly and shop around with other dealerships so that their admin fee for doing the paperwork is lower. Some people charge $499 admin fees whereas others can do it for much lower.