Automotive

2021 Honda Pilot 8p touring

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 1:00 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2049 posts
1650 upvotes
skeet50 wrote: Are you putting any money down on the lease?

The Touring has a well known problem with unbearable noise of cracking and popping sounds from the infotainment system. You can check out this thread to see if there has been any successful fixes for it: https://www.piloteers.org/threads/rando ... te.107474/
We have a touring as a family car (7 passenger) and i have never had these issues. Mine is 2018 (also leased) but I’m going to buy it out as our travel car.
Oct 30, 2017
589 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto
Godfather83 wrote: MSRP came down to $51k
Where are you seeing 51k on the msrp? Are you talking about the price that you negotiated?

I bought a Pilot this year but I went with the Ex-l trim. To me it was a better "bang for the buck". From what I remember the touring trim had the option of having captains chairs and larger wheels. It also includes blind spot monitoring as standard equipment. That being said it wasn't "worth it" for me - the touring trim would have cost me 6 grand more. At the time I was buying Honda had a 4k discount and I was also able to get a discount from the dealer. I paid around 50k with taxes, freight, etc.

I think you will enjoy the car - it's fairly practical. Mine had a few issues that I got fixed under warranty right away. Hopefully that's the last of them.
Oct 30, 2017
589 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto
Blubbs wrote: It's a good car but when I cross-shopped it with the used Q7 I ended up buying, the seats felt like plywood in comparison

Lol, nobody cares about this comment
I believe you. The "luxury" cars typically have better seating. I only really notice the cheaper seats on really long drives - if it's something around town (which is 95% of my driving) I don't notice anything at all.
Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1732 upvotes
Clarington, ON
MetalGear wrote: I believe you. The "luxury" cars typically have better seating. I only really notice the cheaper seats on really long drives - if it's something around town (which is 95% of my driving) I don't notice anything at all.
In a 14 rogue and a 15 highlander... Thebsewt8ng differs greatly.

I actually can't tell you which I prefer though. They are miles apart but both satisfyingly comfortable in different ways.
Dec 31, 2017
81 posts
69 upvotes
I believe there is now a fix for the crackling heard in the radio. We were looking at a pilot in 2020, but held off due to this issue. However I believe they have a fix, and most dealers know the fix for the issue. I believe wiring too tight in the radio wiring harness, putting pressure on some connectors. So its a fix on the wiring harness.
Oct 20, 2010
614 posts
195 upvotes
If you go through with the purchase and want a second set of original mats, I have one to give away. Took them out of the pilot on day 1(front driver and passenger only).
Aug 9, 2021
3 posts
2 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: 8P? Don't you mean YF6?
I believe it's the 8-passenger Touring. There's a 7 passenger with captain chairs.
Aug 9, 2021
3 posts
2 upvotes
I see the Dealer cost is $50,510 on unhaggle. MSRP is $54605.
How did you manage to get it down to 51K? That's about 1% margin.
Oct 20, 2010
614 posts
195 upvotes
thats not hard to achieve. i paid 56.5k all in for my pilot touring back in 2017

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)