Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

2021 Kindle Paperwhite (8GB) - $114.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2021 5:36 am
Aug 26, 2020
49 posts
99 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] 2021 Kindle Paperwhite (8GB) - $114.99

First deal post here.

Been eyeing for an e-reader for a while. Kobo seems to never go on sale.
This is the latest version of Kindle just recently released at a really good price - $114.99 compared to $150 regular price.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best e-readers!
86 replies
Nov 7, 2017
471 posts
1097 upvotes
Great deal. I bought it a few weeks ago, about to return them to get it at a lower price. I already thought $150 was a good deal considering how after conversion from USA ($140 USD MSRP) to cad was already $175.
Aug 26, 2020
49 posts
99 upvotes
0Sense wrote: Great deal. I bought it a few weeks ago, about to return them to get it at a lower price. I already thought $150 was a good deal considering how after conversion from USA ($140 USD MSRP) to cad was already $175.
I know right??? It just came out.
I was debating if I wanted the 1st gen Kindle at $70, then this. This was a no brainer for me.
Aug 31, 2003
903 posts
321 upvotes
White Rock, BC
WTH...just bought last week. already threw the box away otherwise I'd deal with the return

The new one is great BTW...my old one was from 2012
Nov 10, 2021
4 posts
20 upvotes
ranjy wrote: WTH...just bought last week. already threw the box away otherwise I'd deal with the return

The new one is great BTW...my old one was from 2012
Buy and return the new one.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
I bought one the week after it came out as well, assuming it wouldn't go on sale for a while.

The serial number is listed on the order. Is buying and returning the new one for the old price possible?
Last edited by Piro21 on Nov 19th, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
3048 posts
944 upvotes
I just bought at BestBuy this morning at the same price. I thought it was odd that Amazon was higher, but I am now guessing they just updated their price later. Comes at a good time because my wife dropped her old Kindle and it's been acting up.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone with the previous version want to comment? The softer light would be so much nicer at night....tempting
Aug 9, 2018
317 posts
271 upvotes
Thanks OP! Was looking to gift one to my daughter. Comes just at the right time!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2909 posts
396 upvotes
Good timing, I was just agonizing over replacing my 2010 kindle battery or kindle itself for 3 days.

I opened up my Kindle keyboard (2010) after years of not using it because I started using the apps, when I bought a book the other day only to discover the battery was dead. I read all the reviews on the new Kindle but $150 didn't seem worth it for a few books so I was going to wait for Black Friday, but may as well pull the trigger now since Amazon has a good return policy
Last edited by komal on Nov 19th, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2909 posts
396 upvotes
AstonM wrote: Anyone with the previous version want to comment? The softer light would be so much nicer at night....tempting

kingz786 wrote: Perfect time to use that $20 off $50 AMEX offer for Bestbuy!
Black friday and cyber monday are around the corner and Best Buy sells so much more than Kindles.

I am going to wait and save my offer, especially since it also applies to The Bay.

The Amex offer also will apply to Boxing Day deals since it expires on Dec 31.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
It was released ~2 months ago. Warm light, bigger screen, faster device and now 35$ less.

I believe this will be their black Friday pricing, not sure why it's live right now.

Enjoy!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1299 posts
1661 upvotes
Ordered at Best Buy. ISPU and return the old one. My first BF order!
Aug 27, 2010
52 posts
63 upvotes
BC
Reviews seem to say bluetooth is not supported/not enabled. Can anyone confirm if the kindle you receive has bluetooth (to play audio to headphones)?
Dec 26, 2008
631 posts
344 upvotes
Ottawa
Just curious, where do you guys get free kindle books? I do not want to subscription. and PDF is not good on Kindle
Aug 26, 2020
49 posts
99 upvotes
intercoms wrote: Reviews seem to say bluetooth is not supported/not enabled. Can anyone confirm if the kindle you receive has bluetooth (to play audio to headphones)?
I ordered mine today, I will let you know when I receive it!
Nov 7, 2017
471 posts
1097 upvotes
Aymer wrote: Just curious, where do you guys get free kindle books? I do not want to subscription. and PDF is not good on Kindle
Lots of resources online, takes a quick google search. Then just set up calibre and it'll do the rest for you.

kingz786 wrote: Perfect time to use that $20 off $50 AMEX offer for Bestbuy!
Thanks for the reminder! Just cancelled the amazon order :)

edit:....they shipped it out too fast, guess its a return kind of thing
Last edited by 0Sense on Nov 19th, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 20, 2013
986 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Aymer wrote: Just curious, where do you guys get free kindle books? I do not want to subscription. and PDF is not good on Kindle
The library is your friend. Overdrive is great - I don't have a Kindle but did a quick search and you can have the Overdrive app on the e-reader.
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)