• Nov 7th, 2020 1:21 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 7, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes

2021 VW Atlas Comfortline V6

Hi,

I'm looking into leasing a 2021 Atlas Comfortline for 48 month term. I'm in planning on making an offer and was wondering if it's reasonable or should I be more aggressive. Here it is:

Base price = 46 695
Mats = 125
Flaps = 239
Admin fee = 395
Tire Levy = 22.5
AC = 100
Safety = 45
Freight = 1885

Subtotal = 49 506.5
Discount = - 1 800

On the road = 47 706.5

Which would be 283.40 +tax biweekly for 48 month at a rate of 2.99%

I doubt they will drop the admin fee. The 1800 discount would be either that or a set of winter tire and rims. I rather have the discount and be able to shop for tires and rims on my own and not finance the set at 2.99%

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated or if Im missing information.

Thanks,
9 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11519 posts
3232 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Does not hurt to try you never know. Get the best rate you can from your dealer then PM me and I will get you into contact with a VW dealership Manager and he will likely beat that deal that you get. I have sent many RFD people to him and many of them have left with new cars.

Good luck
Sep 12, 2003
611 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
I would look up the invoice price and offer 500+invoice and go from there.
Heatware: TheOneBarton
May 3, 2010
232 posts
97 upvotes
Brampton
That is not good deal. Try Unhaggle. My brother got 2021 Atlas TSI comfortline. Got good deal.

For more information, msg me.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
sickcars wrote: Does not hurt to try you never know. Get the best rate you can from your dealer then PM me and I will get you into contact with a VW dealership Manager and he will likely beat that deal that you get. I have sent many RFD people to him and many of them have left with new cars.

Good luck
I live on the East Coast so I doubt a VW manager from Ontario would be able to help? Also, I remember VW had a 1 000$ discount in October I wonder if I should wait in December if they bring it back. Since right now I don't see any incentive.
Mar 3, 2019
166 posts
142 upvotes
Try to buy accessories yourself - don't roll them into the loan. You'll be paying taxes + 3% interest over the course of the term for not only the car but the accessories.

Also try to haggle any dealership fees they try to squeeze in - as the only fees you should pay are AC/Tire tax, Freight & PDI, PPSA & OMVIC - everything else is added on by the dealer.

Negotiate on the price of the car always, never the monthly payment
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4116 posts
4297 upvotes
Buy German parts/accessories (100% OEM) and the like from www.exoparts.com. They're in Mississauga. Sean is a treat to deal with (the owner).

It's typically 10-40% off, so all of my accessories I buy from him. (and all of the car parts I use).
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11519 posts
3232 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
hahah yes you are correct, did not realize you were over there. Still does not hurt to take your best deal to multiple dealers and have them beat it.
Bert19 wrote: I live on the East Coast so I doubt a VW manager from Ontario would be able to help? Also, I remember VW had a 1 000$ discount in October I wonder if I should wait in December if they bring it back. Since right now I don't see any incentive.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29125 posts
9654 upvotes
Nathanisking wrote: Try to buy accessories yourself - don't roll them into the loan. You'll be paying taxes + 3% interest over the course of the term for not only the car but the accessories.
Taxes? Pretty sure you pay that no matter what. 3% interest is nothing compared to say credit card interest, but yes paying cash and no interest would be better. Worst part about the accessories is the hefty stealer markup, not a measly 3% interest. If you can get them to give you the accessories at competitive pricing, then it's not bad since you'll have them on the car from day one.

Anyway the $1800 discount "or winters" is lulz, look for better.

Good news is, for 2021 you can get the Haldex w/2.0T though it's unclear if OP is looking at the FWD or AWD vehicle.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2017
15 posts
2 upvotes
I'm looking at the v6 AWD. Looking at Unhaggle there is around 3 000$ between dealer cost and msrp. I thought 1 800$ or 2000$ seemed reasonable as an offer. But seems I can do better?

Also accessories I have no issue paying it cash to save 3%. So I would take the credit. But the discount amount of what I can expect to get is still unknow. I live in New-Brunswick which has not a lot of VW dealership close by. Maybe 3 or 4 in a 2h radius.