• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2022 12:15 am
484 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2111 posts
3879 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Makes sense after killing off the civic coupe. Only way Honda can ruin it is with a 1.5T.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8679 posts
5525 upvotes
Vancouver
Any reason to get this over the frs/BRZ? Brings back memories of high school though when everyone had a GS-R/Prelude/Celica.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2766 posts
1231 upvotes
Burnaby
If they are making it a sedan would make sense to make it a sportback style but that wont happen. Makes their lineup naming dumb. They should just stick to the RDX, MDX and add a subcompact CUV.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31908 posts
18911 upvotes
Toronto
Another heavy piggy Pig Face in the market Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1279 posts
625 upvotes
Markham
It definitely looks like Honda will be separating this new compact further from the Civic than the Current ILX, based on these teaser images from Acura.

Last edited by hoodlum on Aug 13th, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7177 posts
9151 upvotes
The NORTH
Didn't they just kill off the NSX?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9503 posts
7893 upvotes
Kitchener
Wow 2-doors and manual transmission in 2022? They'll sell at least 100 of them!

If they actually want to sell a bunch, just pull a Ford or a Mitsubishi and turn it into another 4-door CUV and be done with it.

Ford Mustang
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12833 posts
1890 upvotes
Toronto
I'm very excited.

In before the usual Honda haters. Hoping it'll be a Civic Type R that doesn't look like a Civic Type R.
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1705 posts
1161 upvotes
They are definitely betting on nostalgia.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6699 posts
6364 upvotes
Ottawa
kr0zet wrote: Didn't they just kill off the NSX?
Yeah but what does that have to do with the Integra?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7856 posts
4655 upvotes
West GTEH!
Rob_EV wrote: Wow 2-doors and manual transmission in 2022? They'll sell at least 100 of them!

If they actually want to sell a bunch, just pull a Ford or a Mitsubishi and turn it into another 4-door CUV and be done with it.

Ford Mustang
Mitsubishi Eclipse
I think Acura already has one: RDX.
😎
Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1731 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Rob_EV wrote: Wow 2-doors and manual transmission in 2022? They'll sell at least 100 of them!

Ford Mustang
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Nobody is forcing you to buy it or look at it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9503 posts
7893 upvotes
Kitchener
KevinM56081 wrote: Nobody is forcing you to buy it or look at it.
Ever wonder why mainstream auto manufacturers don't sell 2-doors or manual transmissions anymore? In North America, nobody buys them.

Example: I was watching a Dodge Dakota Convertible review last night.....and wondered why nobody makes pickup truck convertibles these days?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9241 posts
8507 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Didn't they just kill off the NSX?
Looks like they announced Integra (which looks like coupe in the drone teaser) during the NSX send off event.

I guess we will have to wait and see if it's a 2dr coupe or 4dr coupe.

In theory, ILX already paired the 201HP engine with DCT can be dropped into Integra as based model. And then borrow Type-R's rig to form Type-S.

Since Civic coupe isn't coming back, this may bring the kiddies back into Acura.
Konowl wrote: Yeah but what does that have to do with the Integra?
More likely it'll be a 2dr to keep a 2dr in the line up while NSX checks out.

But then again, while 4dr coupes are all the rage these days, Acura was actually the 1st one that did it, almost 40 years ago.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6699 posts
6364 upvotes
Ottawa
Xtrema wrote: More likely it'll be a 2dr to keep a 2dr in the line up while NSX checks out.
Yeah but an NSX is a supercar (yeah yeah I know...) and an Integra is/was a 2 door cheap(er) coupe.

And that 4 door pic with the pop up headlights is amazing LOL. Front end reminds me of my old Prelude.
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3008 upvotes
I think the sweet spot in the Honda family is going to be the 2022 Civic Si. Manual transmission (no auto option), lighter and cheaper than anything Acura could come up with.

The Si will be basically the new generation 4-door Civic, with a different drivetrain (no one knows exactly which one). At dealerships in the USA in October.

The 2022 Honda "Sport" looks like this (msrp $28,165 +++):
https://images.honda.ca/models/H/Models ... width=1000

The Si is going to look almost the same, and the msrp will be approx. $3,000 more (my guess).

New Integra: good looks, heavy and slow, starting at $41,000 (my guess).
New Civic Si: dull looking, light and agile, starting at $31,000 (my guess).
492 upvotes
Toronto
I hope this new Honda/Acura Integra makes it into production as there isn't a huge market for 2 door vehicles these days.
I remember visiting the Detroit Autoshow, Acura kept on displaying the same NSX prototype for 3 years straight before making it into production.

The Acura (Confidential...lol) forecast chart, SUVs are 65% of their 200k volume. Based on current consumer demand and corporate profits it would make sense for Acura to produce Honda HR-V equivalent in their lineup than to build Integra successor right now.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19171 posts
19118 upvotes
Richmond Hill
notenoughsleep wrote: Any reason to get this over the frs/BRZ? Brings back memories of high school though when everyone had a GS-R/Prelude/Celica.
Honda being Honda, will probably just end up ******* this one up too. Just like all the teasers for the new TLX TypeS, total turd. Honestly the BRZ/FRZ sets a pretty high benchmark for a modern enthusiast car. Gives you way more feelz compared to the current 911's.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4604 posts
1834 upvotes
GTA
Wow, I had no idea Acura was going to bring back the Integra nameplate. I have to admit, I'm excited. While not the type of vehicle I'd likely ever purchase again, I really hope Acura gets it right and it helps them out.