• Sep 27th, 2022 11:51 am
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto

2022 Honda Civic Reviews Thread

2022 Honda Civic Vs Toyota Corolla Review

2022 Honda Civic vs 2021 Toyota Corolla review by The Straight Pipes. The Honda Civic is pumping out 180hp and 177 lb-ft tq from a 1.5L Turbo 4 cylinder, while the Toyota Corolla Apex is putting down 169hp and 151 lb-ft tq from a 2L Naturally Aspirated 4 cylinder. Would you pick the new Honda Civic over the Toyota Corolla?

The All-New 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Is Brilliant Except For This One Itsy Bitsy Three Letter Detail!

The 11th Gen Civic Is A Grown Up Compact Sedan | 2022 Honda Civic

If you were expecting something flashy or avant garde for the new Civic, you might be disappointed, but if you are looking for an elegant and fun to drive compact car that won't break the bank, there's a Civic for you.

The 2022 Honda Civic Touring is a More Sophisticated Looking Compact Sedan

The #HondaCivic has long been the segment benchmark among compact shoppers. Even though the current model has been around since 2015, it still was one of the top choices for younger buyers looking for their first car. For 2022, Honda is looking to preserve the Civic's dominance with an all-new 2022 #CivicSedan. The top-of-the-line #CivicTouring offers even more tech and luxury this year, while on the outside #Honda has tamed down the outlandish looks of the previous model. Expect the #CivicHatchback to be unveiled sometime next week.

2022 Honda Civic | First Drive | Driving.ca

When the Honda Civic arrived in 1973, it was a tiny ride that many likened to the original Mini — it was cute, got incredible fuel mileage, and it could be parked almost anywhere.

Now, 11 generations later, it has a larger trunk and more rear seat legroom than the 2010 Honda Accord. The question is: does a smarter style and more interior room make it any better?

Check out the full story on Driving.ca: https://driving.ca/?p=454738

2022 Honda Civic Review // Compact King

The 2022 Honda Civic Touring ($30,265 CAD, $28,300 USD) has been newly updated with a slew of new features and redesigned styling. Although the same 1.5-litre turbo engine is in the Touring model as before, it has seen both a performance and efficiency bump for 2022. Thomas and James spend some time examining how the new Civic performs as a daily driver. Watch to find out what they think! SUBSCRIBE!!!
Last edited by Dhanushan on Jun 24th, 2021 10:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Destiny is all
55 replies
Banned
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3026 upvotes
Maybe Google search can do a better job to display these results in one single place?

Just a thought.

It is going to be very difficult for you to keep updating this thread.
1987 upvotes
Thanks! Being waiting for it.
Before you speak: THINK
T = is it True? H = is it Helpful? I = is it Inspiring? N = is it Necessary? K = is it Kind?
Oct 30, 2017
820 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
No point of getting one given the higher insurance prices, at least in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1410 upvotes
Maple
Im just glad I sold my 2018 accord before this was a thing. It was a beautiful car, I truly loved it. It had its own look diverse from anything else in hondas line up. Now, it looses its appeal due to the civic similarities. Its great news for civic buyers, but IMO a kick in the nuts for accord owners/buyers.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10132 posts
10242 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote: Im just glad I sold my 2018 accord before this was a thing. It was a beautiful car, I truly loved it. It had its own look diverse from anything else in hondas line up. Now, it looses its appeal due to the civic similarities. Its great news for civic buyers, but IMO a kick in the nuts for accord owners/buyers.
Why? How does the new civic affect accord owners?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
MetalGear wrote: No point of getting one given the higher insurance prices, at least in the GTA.
Gotta make that Uber money!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23732 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OMG my dream car. So beautiful!!! How does Honda do it over and over again...
Sep 25, 2018
969 posts
1987 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Why? How does the new civic affect accord owners?
It will hurt their ego. They didn't pay 40k for a car that looks like a 30k econobox. \s
Before you speak: THINK
T = is it True? H = is it Helpful? I = is it Inspiring? N = is it Necessary? K = is it Kind?
Penalty Box
May 3, 2010
317 posts
144 upvotes
Brampton
AlicW93740 wrote: It will hurt their ego. They didn't pay 40k for a car that looks like a 30k econobox. \s
Accord can be justified with awd since Honda Civic doesn’t come with rear vent and awd. Along with that, I hope Accord is fitted with in-house 10-speed automatic with 1.5 Turbo to justify upgrade over Honda Civic. Otherwise Honda Civic is new Accord/Jetta-esque in town. And I like Jetta-esque designs. Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1486 posts
871 upvotes
Markham
MalikBrother wrote: Accord can be justified with awd since Honda Civic doesn’t come with rear vent and awd. Along with that, I hope Accord is fitted with in-house 10-speed automatic with 1.5 Turbo to justify upgrade over Honda Civic. Otherwise Honda Civic is new Accord/Jetta-esque in town. And I like Jetta-esque designs. Thumbs Up Sign
I could see much of this added in the new Acura ILX replacement that is coming next year. This new Civic will be a good starting point for Acura.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1556 posts
1391 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Drove one! Love the HVAC vents, very accurate. Interior/seating position brings me back to older Civics.

Autotragic CVT shifter reminds me of the shifter from the 01-05 Civic. Simple straight up and down selector. Simple good. Civic, it feels like.

Definitely more Civic-y than the last attempt. Couldn't stand the boomerang tail lights.

Only thing reminding me of Accord in this car is the rear pillar/rear quarter window glass and the chrome piece of trim. Maybe the A pillar curve. That's where similarities end. Its more Corolla/Jetta once you closely look at every other part of the car. The rear is more Jetta like. The front is more boring than the current Corolla. I prefer the Corolla front end. Unless you like that bulging forehead that this new Civic has.

CVT only it looks like until the SI/Type R.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
EP32k2 wrote: OMG my dream car. So beautiful!!! How does Honda do it over and over again...
Sarcasm??? I'm not feeling it AT ALL.

It's a sad state of affairs when the Corolla is the better looking vehicle (and the better vehicle to drive with the 5-speed manual).
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
tehwegz wrote: Only thing reminding me of Accord in this car is the rear pillar/rear quarter window glass and the chrome piece of trim. Maybe the A pillar curve. That's where similarities end. Its more Corolla/Jetta once you closely look at every other part of the car. The rear is more Jetta like. The front is more boring than the current Corolla. I prefer the Corolla front end. Unless you like that bulging forehead that this new Civic has.
Jul 20, 2014
902 posts
213 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Miss my 2019 Civic now that I drive a Gwagon still an amazing car. Drove it the other day and missed the lane keep assist so much. How is it in the 2022, does it fully steer now?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3446 posts
2198 upvotes
MetalGear wrote: No point of getting one given the higher insurance prices, at least in the GTA.
I keep seeing this type of comment from Ontario members. Is this an Ontario only thing?
I've had about 30 different cars and they have all been virtually the same cost to insure. I know BC has their own insurance, but what's up with Ontario? Why would there be any reason a Civic would cost any more or less to insure than any other car our there for the same driver?
Are we talking $5-10 more per month? $100-200 more per month than say a Corolla?
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
aleks wrote: I keep seeing this type of comment from Ontario members. Is this an Ontario only thing?
I've had about 30 different cars and they have all been virtually the same cost to insure. I know BC has their own insurance, but what's up with Ontario? Why would there be any reason a Civic would cost any more or less to insure than any other car our there for the same driver?
Civic drivers are typically younger, less experienced, more aggressive and get into more crashes. You want cheap insurance? Buy a Buick or Toyota (old people vehicles).

When I sold my base trim '06 Civic DX and got my Tesla Model 3, my insurance rates decreased by about 20% from $100/month to $80/month (SAME company). The kicker? Civic had liability only, Model 3 has collision with $300/500 deductibles.
Oct 30, 2017
820 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Rob_EV wrote: Civic drivers are typically younger, less experienced, more aggressive and get into more crashes. You want cheap insurance? Buy a Buick or Toyota (old people vehicles).

When I sold my base trim '06 Civic DX and got my Tesla Model 3, my insurance rates decreased by about 20% from $100/month to $80/month (SAME company). The kicker? Civic had liability only, Model 3 has collision with $300/500 deductibles.
I might have to look into getting a Tesla.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
MetalGear wrote: I might have to look into getting a Tesla.
To save $200/year on insurance? HAH

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)