[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6239 posts
2909 upvotes
redflagdeals.com

2022 Nissan Ariya EV Crossover

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/15/2132 ... pecs-price
The Ariya is scheduled to go on sale in Japan in mid-2021, followed by the US and Canada later in the year. Pricing will start around $40,000, which is only a few thousand dollars more than the current average selling price of a vehicle in the US.
Source: https://driving.ca/nissan/reviews/previ ... ssan-ariya
The Ariya will be available in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations, and will come with two battery choices: a standard 65 kWh with an output of 160 kW, torque of 221 lbs.-ft and a full-charge range of 321 kilometres; and a long range 90 kWh pack with output of 290 kW, torque of 443 lbs.-ft and a range of 482 km (ranges are preliminary Nissan estimates). Each battery pack is available in either the two-wheel or four-wheel models.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
18 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55995 posts
20905 upvotes
That is the beauty of electric motors. Just keep slapping them on for more horsepower and torque. In the Ariya's case, it seems to be the same motors for the AWD unit.

That e-force is also brake-based torque vectoring, isn't it? Maybe it isn't so bad in a BEV with regenerative braking unless super hard stopping power is required, where the mechanical braking system takes over.

I wonder if it will start at $44,999 just to be eligible for the Federal incentive. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2231 posts
1787 upvotes
Toronto
Looks nice- will be using liquid cooled battery too, much better than the Leaf that uses air cooling.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9248 posts
10815 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
This has the form factor that the North American public loves (CUV.SUV) and which RFD hates. But it’s another EV entrant in what appears will soon be a crowded market. Hopefully that will allow for prices to come down.

Not a huge Nissan fan generally, but the design of this is decent enough that if priced right the public may bite. But Nissan as with companies like Ford....if they are planning for electrification to save their company will soon be having to compete as in the ICE market on price, quality, design.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55995 posts
20905 upvotes
Every car maker is now talking about electrification seeing how loftly TSLA and NKLA (lol) valuations are. Even Fiskar is going public buying a shell company.

Also, China had just revised its xEV credits and are now rewarding advanced technology and HEVs and taking the gaming of BEVs out of the equation. TMC is definitely going to be rewarded under the new scheme.
https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/thre ... post-57308
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
4709 posts
5208 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Looks like a Ford Edge concept.
Keep calm and go long
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7897 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I wonder if it will start at $44,999 just to be eligible for the Federal incentive. :)
Lowest trim starts at $40K USD. $10K less then Model Y. But seems like only with 65kwh and 300km range.

So this is why Elon drop the Y's price and said a cheaper Y will have too little range and scrapped the RWD Model Ys.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55995 posts
20905 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Lowest trim starts at $40K USD. $10K less then Model Y. But seems like only with 65kwh and 300km range.

So this is why Elon drop the Y's price and said a cheaper Y will have too little range and scrapped the RWD Model Ys.
You mean corporate espionage?

I didn't know price drops were always a result of these. :)

This will sell reasonably well here at $45k.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7897 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: You mean corporate espionage?

I didn't know price drops were always a result of these. :)

This will sell reasonably well here at $45k.
Meh, it'll be another RAV4 Prime. I don't see how we will get any units in Canada. I'like the design tho.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55995 posts
20905 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Meh, it'll be another RAV4 Prime. I don't see how we will get any units in Canada. I'like the design tho.
I don't want to put in my conjecture as I'm in no rush to get a BEV. I also don't want to be proven wrong. :) CATL's supplying the batteries and Nissan really doesn't have a choice but to push through now that the Leaf is on its last leg.

Maybe in China, it can push its e-power hybrid vehicles but in North America, Toyota rules that space.

I think it makes sense to start with a CUV BEV. People will pay $10k more for that form over the sedan/coupe. With BEVs, it even makes more sense since the delta for fuel vs. charging/electricity is even greater.

Audi Q4 coming next year.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19261 posts
2944 upvotes
Woodbridge
I saw it this morning.

Amazing, beautiful job by Nissan. I wish they made the Murano like this instead.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7897 upvotes
Damn it. Looks like the Japanese are betting on Alexa for automation tie ins.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6818 posts
531 upvotes
GT'eh
Odd, looks like a ford at the front and part Lexus at the back, if the price stays the same in Canada I could dominate the EV CUV segment
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired [email protected] & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6239 posts
2909 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Xtrema wrote: Meh, it'll be another RAV4 Prime. I don't see how we will get any units in Canada. I'like the design tho.
Toyota is building 5,000 Rav4 Primes for the US in its first year (and up to 20,000 in following years). I could not find any information on worldwide production numbers.
Nissan says it will be making 30,000-40,000 Ariyas worldwide in the first model year, and in later years up to 100,000. How these are being allocated is anyone's guess.

Keep in mind, that the market share for a PHEV/ICE like the Rav4 is still higher worldwide than for a BEV, so in theory it should probably be easier to get your hands on an Ariya.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-niss ... SKCN24G0JT
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7897 upvotes
The only bright spot.... is Nissan doesn't have a Europe Emission problem as long as they keep the Renault Alliance alive.

So Renault can take this Alliance platform and build the same car in France to get average fleet co2 down while Nissan factories in Japan/China can supply the rest of the world.

Renault just got bailed out by French government anyway so pumping out an EV based on this platform will fulfill their commitment.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1152 posts
971 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
My gf would totally drive this rose gold Tiffany's crossover. I would drive it too. Finally a Nissan product without a CVT and it takes an EV to get that. Or a GT-R. Or a Leaf.

Nissan might turn it around after-all and all they have to do is ditch CVT's or at least source better ones guaranteed to last 200,000km like most conventional autos.

My iPhone 8 is rose gold like that. Love it.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16702 posts
4413 upvotes
is there any charging station around the cities for Nissan EV? my bad..never own EV..and so I am curious...i see Telsa CT everywhere..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2962 posts
2464 upvotes
Toronto
Me want!

Me may buy!

But me want new Bronco also. Hope Ford builds Bronco EV as well!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)