• Jun 10th, 2021 7:03 pm
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8057 posts
672 upvotes
Brampton
They cancelled it in America so the chances of it coming to Canada is near 0%

Wish it would but they know that nobody would care for a Toyota badge at the price they will have to sell it for.

Send the Lexus version instead.
Apr 5, 2010
893 posts
161 upvotes
Land Cruiser hasn't been a marque in Canada since 1990. The last ones to ever come into Canada were the BJ70 and the FJ62. Yes the Lexus LX came into Canada but nobody ever buys them. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Lexus LX doesnt come to Canada. Only Land cruisers now that come into Canada are for mine fleets. You can't buy them unless you operate a mine. They don't come with Vins and the transmission is limited to 25km/h.

Nobody in Canada knows what a Land Cruiser is, or even cares. Unless you're an immigrant/expat from parts of the world where they're as common as a Camry here.
Apr 5, 2010
893 posts
161 upvotes
Badman wrote: They cancelled it in America so the chances of it coming to Canada is near 0%

Wish it would but they know that nobody would care for a Toyota badge at the price they will have to sell it for.

Send the Lexus version instead.
Yeah, its a shame that Americans and Canadians still associate Toyota with a "value" or "non-luxury/economy" brand. Roll up in a Land Cruiser outside of the Western world, and people take you as someone who could buy the entire plot of land they're standing under. Sometimes, for much of the world, the most luxurious trip is just getting from A to B without surprise and thats what the LC is.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4493 posts
314 upvotes
iHop wrote: Yeah, its a shame that Americans and Canadians still associate Toyota with a "value" or "non-luxury/economy" brand. Roll up in a Land Cruiser outside of the Western world, and people take you as someone who could buy the entire plot of land they're standing under. Sometimes, for much of the world, the most luxurious trip is just getting from A to B without surprise and thats what the LC is.
I think it was the manufacturers who classified themselves as the value brand by making a separate luxury brand.

Ford > Lincoln
Toyota > Lexus
Nissan > Infinity
Honda > Acura
GM > Cadillac
VW > Audi
Hyundai > Genesis

I think Mercedes and BMW does pretty good selling luxury and standard vehicles under their main band. BMW and Mercedes are seen as premium brands which helps them sell their lower tier models.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11293 posts
9796 upvotes
xpoint9 wrote: I think it was the manufacturers who classified themselves as the value brand by making a separate luxury brand.

Ford > Lincoln
Toyota > Lexus
Nissan > Infinity
Honda > Acura
GM > Cadillac
VW > Audi
Hyundai > Genesis

I think Mercedes and BMW does pretty good selling luxury and standard vehicles under their main band. BMW and Mercedes are seen as premium brands which helps them sell their lower tier models.
Mercedes and BMW will always be up there for me above all the other "luxury" brands you mentioned tho not a fan of them going to the lower price, tho i understand why they are doing it and thats to retain driver loyalty so as they make more money in the future, they will upgrade to more expensive vehicles.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4493 posts
314 upvotes
Sanyo wrote: Mercedes and BMW will always be up there for me above all the other "luxury" brands you mentioned tho not a fan of them going to the lower price, tho i understand why they are doing it and thats to retain driver loyalty so as they make more money in the future, they will upgrade to more expensive vehicles.
yup brand loyalty plays a huge part. And I agree with you on that Merc and BMW are still considered higher tier than all the ones I mentioned. I would classify Ford, Toyota, Honda etc... as Level 1 and their luxury counterparts as Level 2, BMW, Mercedes etc... as Level 3.

And I guess if there was a Level 4 then, we would get into hyper-cars/performance cars.

But all that aside, Toyota Land Cruiser has built itself some good reputation and name recognition around the world minus North America.
May 3, 2010
236 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
New V6 twin turbo? That is more like it which I suspect will be available for Lexus instead.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2830 posts
1366 upvotes
Calgary
MalikBrother wrote: New V6 twin turbo? That is more like it which I suspect will be available for Lexus instead.
That engine is already in the Lexus LS and will be the new Tundra engine as well.
Nov 30, 2007
283 posts
109 upvotes
Toyota Prado (GX460), Land Cruiser (LX570), 4runner, Tundra and Tacoma have been on the same platforms for a decade+. They are insanely reliable because of it, but if anyone has been in a 2021 model these cars feel and drive like dinosaurs. Glad to see a welcomed redesign!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4473 posts
1937 upvotes
Looks so cool.

Legendary brand.

Would love to test one!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6600 posts
5346 upvotes
MalikBrother wrote: New V6 twin turbo? That is more like it which I suspect will be available for Lexus instead.
But it also invalidate why you want a Land Cruiser/LX. The v8 is basically indestructible.