Hot Deals

$204.99 - Breville Precision Thermal Coffee Maker - Refurbished

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 2:02 pm
6 replies
Nov 12, 2017
31 posts
51 upvotes
I guess it's not a bad deal if you can't wait for a sale but looking at Camelx3, seems like it's frequently on sale around 280$ brand new. I would rather pay 80$ extra for the peace of mind.
May 18, 2010
100 posts
150 upvotes
These machines are pretty impressive, and I'm someone who was a little skeptical of the rise of the Breville brand over the past few years. It produces great coffee and keeps a good temperature. It's nice for weekends where we're more inclined to slowly go through a whole pot in the mornings. These go on sale regularly at the Bay as well, but if the refurbs are as good as Dyson refurubs I'd consider this a hot deal.
Sep 5, 2017
91 posts
117 upvotes
Halifax
I have it and love it. Yes of course drip isn't as good as espresso, but there are some great functions like their cold brew / good timer / fast function. I like quantity but also like quality this was a good fit for me. Machine 3 years now with no issues just descale with vinegar from time to time.
Nov 12, 2017
31 posts
51 upvotes
schnutze wrote: These machines are pretty impressive, and I'm someone who was a little skeptical of the rise of the Breville brand over the past few years. It produces great coffee and keeps a good temperature. It's nice for weekends where we're more inclined to slowly go through a whole pot in the mornings. These go on sale regularly at the Bay as well, but if the refurbs are as good as Dyson refurubs I'd consider this a hot deal.
My main concern would be the warranty. You get 6 months for the refurbished VS 2 years for the new one. For 80$ more, it's a no brainer for me to wait for a deal on the new one. The machine looks more complex than a traditional drip maker too. Imagine an issue with the electronics after 7-12months and you end up with a 205$ paperweight. That would be a touch pill to swallow.
Nov 15, 2005
709 posts
391 upvotes
Montreal
bought this used (almost new) on facebook market last year for 175$ amazing machine
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 39,99$
[OP]
Dec 31, 2009
63 posts
39 upvotes
So I received my machine today. It looks like it’s brand new. What settings is everyone using and what coffee?