Cell Phones

20W charging brick on S10+ .. okay to use?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2021 5:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2409 posts
163 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

20W charging brick on S10+ .. okay to use?

Hi,

I was wondering if a 20W charging brick with a USB-C to USB-C cable okay to use in a Samsung Galaxy S10+? I am just wondering if it's safe to use because *I believe* the phone only ask for 15W for fast charging. I have the "Fast charging" brick with USB-A to USB-C from the box.

The 20W brick and USB-C to USB-C cable is a spare I have and would like to carry around and use when at work or elsewhere when need of charge.

Thank you,
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2930 posts
2475 upvotes
Toronto
win-star wrote: Hi,

I was wondering if a 20W charging brick with a USB-C to USB-C cable okay to use in a Samsung Galaxy S10+? I am just wondering if it's safe to use because *I believe* the phone only ask for 15W for fast charging. I have the "Fast charging" brick with USB-A to USB-C from the box.

The 20W brick and USB-C to USB-C cable is a spare I have and would like to carry around and use when at work or elsewhere when need of charge.

Thank you,
You can use a 20W USB-C Power Delivery charger. The phone determines the power needed from the charger.

"As the charging performance, Samsung S10+ adopts USB-C interface and supports three fast charging protocols of PD, QC and AFC. It has wide compatibility and is very convenient when selecting charging accessories. After the full charge test, it was found that the Samsung S10+ is charged by the PD charger or by the QC and AFC chargers. Its maximum power is about 15W, and the whole process takes nearly two hours."
https://www.inviolabs.com/blogs/news/th ... rging-test