• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2019 4:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1716 posts
818 upvotes
Got my miles for Amazon, base and bonus. Still waiting for the others.

The rounding down to $20 and no miles on tax has a big impact. On a $79.99 pre-tax purchase, the return on the full post-tax amount is 8.4% rather than the 13.1% you'd expect just doing the calculation straight up. Still, Rakuten had only 6%, so the 8.4% comes out slightly ahead.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1436 posts
298 upvotes
So anybody have experience on using this will Apple? If I get a new phone I could earn 800 miles with bonus which is around $84 cash miles. That is not too bad but I have had issues with Airmiles in the past.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9699 posts
2427 upvotes
Scarberia
is it still 20x or expired? i though it expires today 6th dec. tia
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Dec 29, 2005
350 posts
53 upvotes
Victoria
magmazing wrote: The base miles and bonus ones showed up on my account at once. My problem is that I got nothing for the $1000 item from the 3rd party seller.
An update: The miles from the third party Amazon seller finally arrived in my Air Miles transactions. Glad I waited before complaining to Air Miles. haha
Dec 28, 2014
85 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria, BC
i'm getting a little worried about not receiving my airmiles from the amazon orders after reading about all of you guys getting yours already after a week from the 20x promotion..

i've read through several old posts from years prior and people have mentioned they've had to fight airmiles to get their bonus missing miles and that's something i never did before as i 've always overlooked it but this year is different cause 20x is a lot.

i've noticed i have missed out some bonus airmiles from previous amazon orders in the past but have gotten most of them. I just hope i get it soon or i can fight to get it back after 75 days if doesn't show up cause i spent quite a bit on several orders..especially on the switch. although i don't know how i can prove it now since i never took screenshots..all i have is the invoice proof

and i got 13 reward miles for my staples order but no bonus airmiles with it either even though it should have been 20x...i don't get why it takes longer for some and shorter for others :/
Penalty Box
Oct 14, 2005
1461 posts
761 upvotes
Today I received AirMiles for my Dec. 2 purchase but I am missing one purchase that I purchased on Nov. 29.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11826 posts
9091 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mdb1983 wrote: i'm getting a little worried about not receiving my airmiles from the amazon orders after reading about all of you guys getting yours already after a week from the 20x promotion..

i've read through several old posts from years prior and people have mentioned they've had to fight airmiles to get their bonus missing miles and that's something i never did before as i 've always overlooked it but this year is different cause 20x is a lot.

i've noticed i have missed out some bonus airmiles from previous amazon orders in the past but have gotten most of them. I just hope i get it soon or i can fight to get it back after 75 days if doesn't show up cause i spent quite a bit on several orders..especially on the switch. although i don't know how i can prove it now since i never took screenshots..all i have is the invoice proof

and i got 13 reward miles for my staples order but no bonus airmiles with it either even though it should have been 20x...i don't get why it takes longer for some and shorter for others :/
This Question has been addressed many times on the various AirMiles threads including those in the RFD AirMiles 2019 Ongoing Thread in the SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM = air-miles-2019-general-discussion-thread-2253595/

And in the AIRMILES SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 SUB FORUM, including this recent post I did there in the STB AirMiles Shops.ca Offer = national-airmilesshops-ca-50-bams-wus-1 ... h-2330709/
PointsHubby wrote: It’s because the AirMiles Program isn’t just one Retailer
They are merely a collector of data that is submitted individually from a variety of FULL PARTNERS and Associated Online Stores thru the AirMiles Shops.ca Shopping Portal

So very very different from other Loyalty Programs
The only other one I know of that was even remotely similar is now the defunct AMEX Plenti Program that used to run in the USA

With every PARTNER & Associate having their own Point of Sale & Accounting Systems

Some REPORT to AMs their Base Mike Transactions on a Daily Basis (like the LCBO)
Others within 72 Hours (like Shell)
Others weekly (like the Sobey’s Group)
While others do their reporting every 2 weeks, or once a month (the greatest portion of which are Associates in the AMShops Partnership / Shopping Portal)

This is WHY there is a delay in POSTING

Different Partners / Retailers are in different cycles

And as such their are distinct milestones before one can file a report for MISSING MILES
60 Days - 90 Days - 120 Days

All this is covered on the AirMiles Website in T&Cs, FAQs etc

Delays can be more pronounced if there is a Bonus Event (BAMs) ... especially so if a BIG BONUS Event like Shop The Block

That’s all covered in the T&Cs for each BIG BONUS Event

AirMiles then CLEARLY STATE that any BAMs can take up to 120 Days (4 months) from the end of the event to POST
So STB 2019 closes on December 27th ... so BB BAMs can not be claimed as missing until after April 27, 2020

As to EBay
This is one of the AMShops Retailers there have certainly been POSTING issues with in the past
( Others include Amazon, Canada Post, The Mint, etc)

I suspect it happens for 2 reasons ... in the case of Ebay

1- They have a long list of exclusions ... see their AMShops STORE INFO Pg
https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/ebay

Something few AMs Collectors actually do ... is READ the info on Associated Stores on the AMShops Directory
But they really should so they know what purchases count, and which do not

2- They probably have a poor Reporting System to AirMiles to verify that purchases truly happened thru AirMiles Shops.ca
They just don’t see AMs as a priority in the big scheme of their biz ops.
It is what it is, as it’s a Shopping Portal

The best anyone can do is follow the RFD recommended steps to success (look at the TIPS & TRICKS post) when buying from AMShops .. especially when doing any of Annual BIG BONUS Events like Shop The Block, or MegaMiles etc
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8965 posts
2543 upvotes
Bought a couple of Surface computers. Nearly 5000 Airmiles. Love these 20X offers. Next one should be around Christmas.
Dec 28, 2014
85 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria, BC
PointsHubby wrote: This Question has been addressed many times on the various AirMiles threads including those in the RFD AirMiles 2019 Ongoing Thread in the SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM = air-miles-2019-general-discussion-thread-2253595/

And in the AIRMILES SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 SUB FORUM, including this recent post I did there in the STB AirMiles Shops.ca Offer = national-airmilesshops-ca-50-bams-wus-1 ... h-2330709/

It is what it is, as it’s a Shopping Portal

The best anyone can do is follow the RFD recommended steps to success (look at the TIPS & TRICKS post) when buying from AMShops .. especially when doing any of Annual BIG BONUS Events like Shop The Block, or MegaMiles etc
no i understand what you're saying and that's why there's such a long delay sometimes for airmiles to show up on your transaction but it just caught me by surprise that i'm seeing other people on here now saying their points were credited from Amazon just 4-5 days after they ordered their black friday redemption for bonus points...it just makes me wonder why is it so fast for some people but slower for us..and i just have that doubt that something's wrong after seeing those posts..
Nov 26, 2014
836 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto, ON
amazon still didnt get.
the bay one i ordered on 29Nov still havent received (both item and miles)
I have no clue but here is what i got for the bay ordered 2nd Dec and item received 4th
HBCAM.png
Dec 28, 2014
85 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria, BC
EZSAVE wrote: amazon still didnt get.
the bay one i ordered on 29Nov still havent received (both item and miles)
I have no clue but here is what i got for the bay ordered 2nd Dec and item received 4th HBCAM.png
when did you order your amazon order? i just noticed too that you can't have items in your cart before you go to the airmilesshops website and back to amazon...i didn't notice that before and now i'm worried i may have messed up..though i remember doing that a few times before and i still go the bonus airmiles so i don't know..i made like 5 orders in that whole week and one of them has to have worked :/
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11826 posts
9091 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mdb1983 wrote: no i understand what you're saying and that's why there's such a long delay sometimes for airmiles to show up on your transaction but it just caught me by surprise that i'm seeing other people on here now saying their points were credited from Amazon just 4-5 days after they ordered their black friday redemption for bonus points...it just makes me wonder why is it so fast for some people but slower for us..and i just have that doubt that something's wrong after seeing those posts..
Did you read the AirMiles Shops.ca TIPS & TRICKS here on RFD in the dedicated AMShops STB Offer ?
Did you correctly link up / go thru the Portal on the STB Website ?

Lots of folks make that error ... not going through the portal

If you did that you’ll end up with the Miles / Bonus Miles eventually
But it takes longer
And sometimes not within 60 - 90 Days
So you gotta wait out the whole 120 Days, before AirMiles will make the adjustment ... this is what happens to most folks who end up with problems with POSTINGS

They didn’t READ the full instructions
And just assumed what they were doing was the right way
(Example ... going directly to the AirMiles Shops.ca Website if hoping to earn STB Bonuses or Partner Counts
Or not keeping browsing sites separate from buying ... items left in cart
Or not clearing history & Cookies ... etc
THE # 1 TRICK with AMShops is having as pure as connection possible when using them to shop ... so the Portal connection is maintained thru the transaction )
Dec 28, 2014
85 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria, BC
PointsHubby wrote: Did you read the AirMiles Shops.ca TIPS & TRICKS here on RFD in the dedicated AMShops STB Offer ?
Did you correctly link up / go thru the Portal on the STB Website ?

Lots of folks make that error ... not going through the portal

If you did that you’ll end up with the Miles / Bonus Miles eventually
But it takes longer
And sometimes not within 60 - 90 Days
So you gotta wait out the whole 120 Days, before AirMiles will make the adjustment ... this is what happens to most folks who end up with problems with POSTINGS

They didn’t READ the full instructions
And just assumed what they were doing was the right way
(Example ... going directly to the AirMiles Shops.ca Website if hoping to earn STB Bonuses or Partner Counts
Or not keeping browsing sites separate from buying ... items left in cart
Or not clearing history & Cookies ... etc
THE # 1 TRICK with AMShops is having as pure as connection possible when using them to shop ... so the Portal connection is maintained thru the transaction )
yes, i read the tips and tricks..i wanted to point out that i have ordered from amazon before and i've gotten my points because i've always gone through the airmilesshops portal to link back to amazon. i know how that works but what i did fail to notice now is one important section..the part about having your cart empty and items added to the cart prior to linking back to amazon wuld not count...that's where i'm worried...i've always been ordering like this where sometimes my items is still in the cart but i still got the points and i never knew about that until now...i cant remember if i had items prior to ordering cause again i flip flop a lot..i really should have read the rules before i did this but i'm hoping i did it right since i made several orders in that week to get the points..
Dec 15, 2015
85 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I made a purchase on the 29th and on the 2nd through airmilesshops.ca for Amazon.

The bonus points for the 2nd arrived two days before I received the bonus points for the 29th.

Thought this might help you.