Travel

Locked: $212 - Roundtrip flight Toronto / Fort Lauderdale (Feb/Mar 2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 7:05 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1284 posts
366 upvotes

$212 - Roundtrip flight Toronto / Fort Lauderdale (Feb/Mar 2021)

I was looking at roundtrip flights from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale next February / March 2021 for a Cruise (hopefully departs).

Departing flights in February to Fort Lauderdale are $131 and return flights for $81
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22799 posts
21633 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Not surprised.

That’s literally cuz NO ONE is booking now.

Between Cruises not sailing, the US Border CLOSED To Cdns (well except for Air), Floridas “State of Pandemic” setting new records daily etc

Truthfully, I believe as bad as it is now ... this Winter ... October / November thru April / May ... the Pandemic May be even worse.

Cruise Lines, Airlines, Hotels are literally BEGGING Customers to come back ... my advertising “junk” email accounts inbox is overflowing ...I get dozens of ads / appeals every.single.day ... often 2 a day from EACH of the cruise lines.

I admit the prices are tempting ... but it’s just a shallow attempt for all these Cos to raise some cash flow. Cancel or have cancelled your reservation ... and you’ll join the long list of folks who have not got a refund ... just a FUTURE Travel Credit.

Lucky for me, I am sitting on a FULLY REFUNDABLE FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT / DEPOSIT (Usable within 12 months of booking for extra perks etc ) ... from the cruise i went on in February. Before Covid got really bad. Worse case scenario... I am out the whole shebang... but only if the cruise line goes bankrupt. Right now I am optimistic that they won’t, and I’ll get my money returned by month # 12 in January.

After that ... I don’t see myself on a cruise until AT LEAST 2022

Cruising & Covid just DONT go together ... no matter how much I miss it
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3817 posts
931 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't go regardless of the price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1284 posts
366 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Not surprised.

That’s literally cuz NO ONE is booking now.

Between Cruises not sailing, the US Border CLOSED To Cdns (well except for Air), Floridas “State of Pandemic” setting new records daily etc

Truthfully, I believe as bad as it is now ... this Winter ... October / November thru April / May ... the Pandemic May be even worse.

Cruise Lines, Airlines, Hotels are literally BEGGING Customers to come back ... my advertising “junk” email accounts inbox is overflowing ...I get dozens of ads / appeals every.single.day ... often 2 a day from EACH of the cruise lines.

I admit the prices are tempting ... but it’s just a shallow attempt for all these Cos to raise some cash flow. Cancel or have cancelled your reservation ... and you’ll join the long list of folks who have not got a refund ... just a FUTURE Travel Credit.

Lucky for me, I am sitting on a FULLY REFUNDABLE FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT / DEPOSIT (Usable within 12 months of booking for extra perks etc ) ... from the cruise i went on in February. Before Covid got really bad. Worse case scenario... I am out the whole shebang... but only if the cruise line goes bankrupt. Right now I am optimistic that they won’t, and I’ll get my money returned by month # 12 in January.

After that ... I don’t see myself on a cruise until AT LEAST 2022

Cruising & Covid just DONT go together ... no matter how much I miss it
Now you have me curious as to which Cruise you had planned to go on last February. We were on the Anthem of the Seas cruise out of New Jersey that was delayed 3 days over a Covid scare. Though they only gave us a 50% cruise credit for a future cruise.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
you can pay me double that money and I still wouldn't go to Florida. do you guys honestly have this much faith in the inept govt in FL to get this thing handled by then?

and to want to go on cruises... like I can't even fathom this decision lol
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
Clement wrote: you can pay me double that money and I still wouldn't go to Florida. do you guys honestly have this much faith in the inept govt in FL to get this thing handled by then?

and to want to go on cruises... like I can't even fathom this decision lol
its gov'ts fault that people wont social distance?
martial law?

I spent the spring in FLL....people in T.O are worse imo...they had mand face masks in april..we got that last week.