Expired Hot Deals

22 Movie Marvel Studios Marathon incl. Avengers: Endgame - Scotiabank Theatre Toronto 04/23/19 $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 7:10 pm
Apr 7, 2015
40 posts
3 upvotes
Markham, ON
This comic book movie stuff was cool liek 8years ago, but not its just a bunch of overagressive childish geeks obsessed with the supremacy of the marvel brand.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
11402 posts
1187 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 3:39 pm
I appreciate the special attention, and I'm glad you copied and pasted the conglomeration of posts from the Entertaining forum. When do I report to court to get arraigned on my thought crimes?

Live your life, bud, and let folks have their opinions.

God bless.
Then listen to your own advice, and let others have their own too, without spouting pretentious bullshit to make yourself feel better.

The reason that user copied and pasted so much is because you wont shut the hell up
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6553 posts
2504 upvotes
I went on Fandango to see the US screenings and they're mostly sold out. And they're charging USD 115 or 125 depending on the theatre chain.

Good luck if you were sitting in the fence with this Cineplex deal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8834 posts
2491 upvotes
Toronto
flightsimmer wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 8:21 am
Man I thought previous marathons were long enough but still doable, this one is 48 hours?!?

How do you stay awake, caffeine only does so much.
I have a couple of suggestions, but the cost will be many orders of magnitude greater than the admission price.Winking Face
Dec 5, 2012
51 posts
50 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Madchester wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 3:49 pm
I went on Fandango to see the US screenings and they're mostly sold out. And they're charging USD 115 or 125 depending on the theatre chain.

Good luck if you were sitting in the fence with this Cineplex deal.
lmao i am speechless
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7785 posts
8053 upvotes
A friend confirmed his booking for the AMC MCU marathon in California, sub-optimal seating as they sold out quickly, but still viewable. He's flying half-way across the continent for this.

Meanwhile, I'm driving 20 minutes for my fix.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1651 posts
574 upvotes
angel177 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 10:58 pm
C.S Lewis has a great quote about it

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Also sounds like your not in the target market for Captain Marvel, Not made for the straight white males of the world. :)
Nah, you are reaching now. I just don't like the formula anymore, nothing to do with age. Same can be said for Big Bang Theory fans I'm sure, it becomes repetitive and dull. For what it's worth, I loved the animated Spider-Man movie by SONY (of all people) because it was different, creative and fun.

As for the straight white male comment Neutral FaceI still think Captain Marvel was horrible. The writing and acting choices by Brie Larson just were not the best
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3290 posts
1971 upvotes
Toronto and London
This isn't even worth it for Endgame as one would be surely sleep deprived to watch it.
Aug 12, 2012
729 posts
222 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I did the Back to the Future marathon a few years ago. After only 3 movies with no cleaning, the theatre smelled like old popcorn and ass. I can't imagine the smell by the time Endgame rolls around. Good luck to anyone who braves it though!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3290 posts
1971 upvotes
Toronto and London
Marvel/Cineplex marketing is smart. They know people are going to have to watch Endgame after this marathon as very few people would be lucid enough to watch it.
Dec 5, 2012
51 posts
50 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 4:07 pm
A friend confirmed his booking for the AMC MCU marathon in California, sub-optimal seating as they sold out quickly, but still viewable. He's flying half-way across the continent for this.

Meanwhile, I'm driving 20 minutes for my fix.
I can't imagine what state will you guys be by the time End Game starts, I booked my tickets for 11PM and I am worried that I will be little sleepy so planning to go home early from work and take a nap on thursday

also this is pretty terrible screen to watch it on if you are a big fan and want the best experience, should have just bought IMAX or AVX tickets with best seats

but good luck man, hope you have fun
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3290 posts
1971 upvotes
Toronto and London
They should also award those poor souls who will endure the marathon with a substantial prize.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7785 posts
8053 upvotes
Rahmonic wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 4:23 pm
I can't imagine what state will you guys be by the time End Game starts, I booked my tickets for 11PM and I am worried that I will be little sleepy so planning to go home early from work and take a nap on thursday

also this is pretty terrible screen to watch it on if you are a big fan and want the best experience, should have just bought IMAX or AVX tickets with best seats

He's going to a reputable theater in a major Cali city, I don't want to be too specific on location and times, because he's one of the few Canadians going.
but good luck man, hope you have fun
Thank you, but those words are best left for him. I've already told him that, theater BO aside, if my schedule allowed it I'd be there too (in Cali).

I'm in a humble UltraAVX theater D-Box in SW Ontario instead... in near perfect seating position. I'm happy with that.
Dec 5, 2012
51 posts
50 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 4:27 pm
He's going to a reputable theater in a major Cali city, I don't want to be too specific on location and times, because he's one of the few Canadians going.

Thank you, but those words are best left for him. I've already told him that, theater BO aside, if my schedule allowed it I'd be there too (in Cali).

I'm in a humble UltraAVX theater D-Box in SW Ontario instead... in near perfect seating position. I'm happy with that.
wait i am confused. you also doing this marathon right? and this is not in AVX. This is in regular screening.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7785 posts
8053 upvotes
Rahmonic wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 4:35 pm
wait i am confused. you also doing this marathon right? and this is not in AVX. This is in regular screening.
I, RFDGuy, am staying in SW Ontario TO-Adjacent for a one-movie showing.

My friend, he's going to Cali from Western Canada for an AMC marathon.

Apologies if I wasn't clear.