Expired Hot Deals

22 Movie Marvel Studios Marathon incl. Avengers: Endgame - Scotiabank Theatre Toronto 04/23/19 $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 7:10 pm
Apr 5, 2019
15 posts
49 upvotes
Many people have left and there are apparently people who haven't seen all or even any of the MCU movies. According to my brother, theres a bunch of displays outside with Captain America's shield, Ant Man and Iron Man statues.

I'm headed to bed but will be waking up throughout the night to check on him.

Him and I have always been close. He's doing pretty well all things considered. He says he regrets nothing and that the smell isn't that bad.

RIP
Apr 5, 2019
15 posts
49 upvotes
Madchester wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 5:05 pm
Is this your bro? (Also seems like they're switching theatres midway)

No, sorry that's not him. They didn't switch theatres. I'll check throughout the night to see if it changes.
Apr 5, 2019
15 posts
49 upvotes
Good lord. I hope his sanity somewhat survives this trainwreck.
Images
  • 20190424_225623.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1347 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
Tlbyemcr wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 10:58 pm
Good lord. I hope his sanity somewhat survives this trainwreck.
I hope your brother will make it until he gets to Endgame... and also thanks for the updates lol
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2232 posts
765 upvotes
Tlbyemcr wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:18 pm
Many people have left and there are apparently people who haven't seen all or even any of the MCU movies. According to my brother, theres a bunch of displays outside with Captain America's shield, Ant Man and Iron Man statues.

What happened was some of these same people in your brother's theatre decided to join the rush line for the Canadian premiere of "Avengers: Endgame" in the UltraAVX room (Auditorium 2). That lineup started on Wednesday at 11am and the movie was for 7pm that evening. Much better theatre without having to do the marathon. Some reviews are already in.

I arrived way too late for this "rush line" and stood only for a few minutes in line. Had I arrived an hour earlier, I probably would have gotten a free ticket to see the movie. Oh well, have amazing reserved seats for tonight, tomorrow and Monday/Tuesday in IMAX. LOL

toronto-april-24-avengers-endgame-previ ... v-2279455/

avengers-endgame-infinity-war-sequel-ma ... 192153/20/

Thanks for the updates on your brother's journey! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
17756 posts
15696 upvotes
Toronto
Tlbyemcr wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:18 pm
He says he regrets nothing and that the smell isn't that bad.

RIP
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Apr 5, 2019
15 posts
49 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 8:12 am
What happened was some of these same people in your brother's theatre decided to join the rush line for the Canadian premiere of "Avengers: Endgame" in the UltraAVX room (Auditorium 2). That lineup started on Wednesday at 11am and the movie was for 7pm that evening. Much better theatre without having to do the marathon. Some reviews are already in.

I arrived way too late for this "rush line" and stood only for a few minutes in line. Had I arrived an hour earlier, I probably would have gotten a free ticket to see the movie. Oh well, have amazing reserved seats for tonight, tomorrow and Monday/Tuesday in IMAX. LOL

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/toronto- ... v-2279455/

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/avengers ... 192153/20/

Thanks for the updates on your brother's journey! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
That's crazy. I thought the earliest to see it was the 25th in most theatres. Was it only for Scotiabank or other major theatres? And was there advance tickets or just first come first serve basis?
Apr 5, 2019
15 posts
49 upvotes
Last update before I head to Endgame tonight.

Brother is doing okay. Met him this morning for breakfast and he's somewhat alive. His under eye bags are thriving. His sanity? Who knows? He's been sleeping alright. He's still planning on sleeping through Captain Marvel and has mostly stuck to his sleep scheduele from the first post. I think he just took a shower, too.

Apparently the staff keeps checking on everyone and they're some Marvel executives at the threatre laughing at the dedicated marathoners.

I believe it's Ant Man and the Wasp right now. I won't be checking until after the Avengers is done. Headed to the theatre after work.

I doubt I'll be able to feel my legs at the end of Avengers, can't imagine what bro's going to be like.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2232 posts
765 upvotes
Tlbyemcr wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 12:26 pm
That's crazy. I thought the earliest to see it was the 25th in most theatres. Was it only for Scotiabank or other major theatres? And was there advance tickets or just first come first serve basis?
The Canadian premiere was an advance screening held at Scotiabank Theatre for people with "connections" and contest winners. At these types of screenings you tend to see local TV personalities and people in the entertainment industry with invitations. Disney/Marvel specifically make an official "rush line" for dedicated fans that want to put in the time. The people that come early enough often will be rewarded with tickets and that is a first-come, first serve basis. Here's the punchline you have to tell your brother. It's 100% FREE.

If you had visited your brother on Wednesday from 11am to 7pm, the rush line was upstairs once you got off the escalators. The lineup was on the side of the bar/lounge area.
Apr 5, 2019
15 posts
49 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 1:30 pm
The Canadian premiere was an advance screening held at Scotiabank Theatre for people with "connections" and contest winners. At these types of screenings you tend to see local TV personalities and people in the entertainment industry with invitations. Disney/Marvel specifically make an official "rush line" for dedicated fans that want to put in the time. The people that come early enough often will be rewarded with tickets and that is a first-come, first serve basis. Here's the punchline you have to tell your brother. It's 100% FREE.

If you had visited your brother on Wednesday from 11am to 7pm, the rush line was upstairs once you got off the escalators. The lineup was on the side of the bar/lounge area.
Damn. I was at work for most of 11 to 7 but the risk of not getting tickets seems intense. Plus half the ride of the past few days was the marathon and knowing that he enjoys himself. I thought that maybe I missed on earlier tickets. It's all good. Thanks for the info!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16457 posts
4168 upvotes
Toronto
So how did this go for those that attended?
Oct 5, 2005
564 posts
164 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 10:50 pm
So how did this go for those that attended?
anyone who went is still sleeping... nonetheless, those who were there, you owe RFD a review!!!!!
yo!
Apr 5, 2019
15 posts
49 upvotes
I have recovered. Endgame was pretty good.

My brother ended up having to take an extra day off and is still somewhat incoherent from staring at a screen for 40ish hours. He says it was worth it but I can still smell his gym bag reeking from the ten minutes it was in my car.

He says that although he could've watched a few films on Netflix or Prime, it's always interesting to see everything on the big screen. He was surprisingly pretty coherent during Endgame. I'm still shocked that he's alive.

The staff were the highlight from what I've heard; from checking on marathoners consistently to ignoring people causing fire hazards by being passed out in the corridor, they were pretty legit.

He is still recovering from a shitty diet of fast food, popcorn and soda. R.I.P. his internal organs, you will be greatly missed.

Thanks for sticking around, y'all.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7841 posts
8095 upvotes
Tlbyemcr wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 7:22 am
I have recovered. Endgame was pretty good.

My brother ended up having to take an extra day off and is still somewhat incoherent from staring at a screen for 40ish hours. He says it was worth it but I can still smell his gym bag reeking from the ten minutes it was in my car.

He says that although he could've watched a few films on Netflix or Prime, it's always interesting to see everything on the big screen. He was surprisingly pretty coherent during Endgame. I'm still shocked that he's alive.

The staff were the highlight from what I've heard; from checking on marathoners consistently to ignoring people causing fire hazards by being passed out in the corridor, they were pretty legit.

He is still recovering from a shitty diet of fast food, popcorn and soda. R.I.P. his internal organs, you will be greatly missed.

Thanks for sticking around, y'all.
I wish him luck in finding a girlfriend as supportive as you.

I'm happy it all worked out.