Tags:
Jan 19, 2016
63 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB

23 Month Old Not Eating (Fever/Sick)

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice.

My 2 Year Old/23 Month Old caught a fever about 3 days ago. The fever appears to have gone down. However, she is still sick and hasn't eaten in the last 3 days. She drinks some fluid and apple juice, but that's about it. I'm concerned because she hasn't eaten anything and has refused everything. Is this normal?

Thank you.
7 replies
Jan 19, 2016
63 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB
How long can they go though without eating? Its Day 4 now and she hasn't eaten anything.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What did your doctor say??
What did the ER doctor say??
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
It's normal for some kids, not normal for others. Some people eat when sick, others don't. Is your daughter acting normal in other ways? Is she drinking plenty of fluids? Is she playing and active? There are usually other signs if something is wrong. Lack of appetite isn't uncommon. Have you tried soup and other soft foods?

At the very least I would suggest phoning tele-health and having a discussion with them. If they recommend going to the ER, then I would do that.

I see you're in Alberta. Do they have a tele-health system there? If not, can you phone your family doctor and discuss with them?
May 12, 2014
997 posts
822 upvotes
Markham, ON
When my kids did this, I made smoothies. Worked for two kids.
There's one fever that made them have high temps and no energy. It's something common but I don't remember what it was called. Also happened around that time too, 2 years old.
Jul 22, 2015
797 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
I make my kids smoothies with protein powder and freeze it in a popsicle or freezie mold. They always love these. Hope your little one feels better soon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)