• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2016 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2709 posts
536 upvotes
zod wrote: I'm trying to find a decent 27" 1440p screen. Hopefully something comes up as a hot deal. Most of the deals on black friday seemed to be on 1080p or 4k screens.
qnix qx2710 for 250?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2709 posts
536 upvotes
cheamh wrote: Thoughts on this?

It will be 299 on BD.
This one looks nice. If you buy it definitely go for the extra warranty on monitors as they are hit or miss. after a year or two and its usually under 30$ to cover it for 3 years
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9726 posts
1841 upvotes
Victoria
cheamh wrote: Thoughts on this?

It will be 299 on BD.
Seems like a good price from what I've read in my research of buying my next screen is that when it's around a 27 inch screen you want 1440p and when it's around 32 inches you want 4k. Mostly because of how close people sit to computer screens, you can start to see the pixels. It's crazy though that there are better deals on larger 1440p screens than smaller ones :(
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1109 posts
561 upvotes
2Riskit wrote: right now Amazon and newegg have the Acer G276HL Gbmid Black 27" 6ms 1920 x 1080 6ms (VESA Compatibility - Mountable100 x 100mm) for $199.99

https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-Widescreen-B ... B00LCAT2TC

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824009654
Pretty nice price at Amazon. I just bought a triple monitor mount at Primecables, need one more monitor. Hope the price can drops more again.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7477 posts
4955 upvotes
Canada
zod wrote: Seems like a good price from what I've read in my research of buying my next screen is that when it's around a 27 inch screen you want 1440p and when it's around 32 inches you want 4k. Mostly because of how close people sit to computer screens, you can start to see the pixels. It's crazy though that there are better deals on larger 1440p screens than smaller ones :(
1440p on a 32" should be ok. It's the same ppi as 24" 1080p
Dec 25, 2009
51 posts
8 upvotes
zod wrote: It's too bad. I google'd it and started to do some research. I liked what I read only to find out it's a clearance item and no stores within 100km have it :( (nor is it available online). It's to bad. $299 seemed like a good deal. Especially if I could find a staples coupon to add on top.
I'm not saying you'll definitely be able to find it but it was the same for me, all the stores online were OOS. However, I went into a store and while this one had no stock, I had them check the surrounding stores and they gave me a couple in the area that may have one. I called one the next day and sure enough they had one so I asked them to hold it for me. So, you may yet find it and I think it's a pretty good monitor for the price. My box was a bit roughed up and the power cable looked like it may have been used and there were a couple of dirty spots on the physical monitor screen. There were also 3 stuck pixels and annoyingly, one is a black one right in the middle of the screen. With all that said however, I think the monitor is pretty good for the price so hopefully you can find one if you have a look eh! I'm still not completely sold so I may hold onto this to return if something else pops up during boxing day.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4644 posts
1106 upvotes
I'm looking for a pro-quality 4k monitor deals? I'm not interested in a cheap-o panel.
Let's hug it out
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9726 posts
1841 upvotes
Victoria
RFDQ1016 wrote: 1440p on a 32" should be ok. It's the same ppi as 24" 1080p
Weird for some reason I read that 24" at 1080p was the same as 27" at 1440p. I used google to find a DPI calculator and you're pretty much spot on that 24inch at 1080p is the same as 32inch at 1440p. Maybe the 31.5" is the deal I go for on boxing day :) I'm pretty happy with my current 24" monitor, I just want something bigger and not to lose detail.

edit: I started reading reviews on Amazon and other places. The reviews on the ASUS seem pretty mixed. Some people had problems but were able to resolve them by changing settings and updating their video card driver. Other people weren't and had rough experiences with the monitor. The reviews are mixed enough I don't think I'd buy one.
Last edited by zod on Dec 20th, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9726 posts
1841 upvotes
Victoria
w00pw0p wrote: I'm not saying you'll definitely be able to find it but it was the same for me, all the stores online were OOS. However, I went into a store and while this one had no stock, I had them check the surrounding stores and they gave me a couple in the area that may have one. I called one the next day and sure enough they had one so I asked them to hold it for me. So, you may yet find it and I think it's a pretty good monitor for the price. My box was a bit roughed up and the power cable looked like it may have been used and there were a couple of dirty spots on the physical monitor screen. There were also 3 stuck pixels and annoyingly, one is a black one right in the middle of the screen. With all that said however, I think the monitor is pretty good for the price so hopefully you can find one if you have a look eh! I'm still not completely sold so I may hold onto this to return if something else pops up during boxing day.
Yah I used the online search tool and the closest ones were Port Alberni which is about a 2.5 hour drive from here, and Surrey which involves a several hour trip including a ferry. I suppose I go to my local staples, to see if they're tracking shows anything the online tracking doesn't, but my local staples is kind of useless.. lol... not worth the effort :)
Dec 21, 2012
59 posts
66 upvotes
This is all helpful however anyone have any suggestions for a 24" light-gaming/work monitor? Planning on getting two monitors so it'll make it easier to multi-task for school and gaming. I couldn't find anything that stands out from the crowd. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1654 posts
302 upvotes
Anyone else have experience with the Asus 34" 1440p from Best Buy?

Hard to find much info on it...

I just bought two of the $150 24" Samsung BB deal. Torn between dual 24s and this 32" 1440p.

What I really want is a 34 ultrawide 1440p, but I'll have to wait until they are sub $500.
Oct 15, 2008
30 posts
32 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: Anyone else have experience with the Asus 34" 1440p from Best Buy?

Hard to find much info on it...
I bought it during BF sale for $50 more. Returned it the next day as I found the colours looked faded, and even after playing with the recommended settings - I wasn't satisfied.

Might be okay if you aren't as picky. With a second screen next to it, it becomes very obvious though.