• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2016 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
Member
Feb 23, 2011
204 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
If you goto to Visions electronics and ask them to PM it to the BF price, they ill do it. You can PM me for details..
Sr. Member
Feb 15, 2007
919 posts
221 upvotes
Pickering
I picked one up last week at $199 from BB.
Member
User avatar
Jan 31, 2011
416 posts
111 upvotes
darkfrost77 wrote: I bought it during BF sale for $50 more. Returned it the next day as I found the colours looked faded, and even after playing with the recommended settings - I wasn't satisfied.

Might be okay if you aren't as picky. With a second screen next to it, it becomes very obvious though.
zod wrote: Weird for some reason I read that 24" at 1080p was the same as 27" at 1440p. I used google to find a DPI calculator and you're pretty much spot on that 24inch at 1080p is the same as 32inch at 1440p. Maybe the 31.5" is the deal I go for on boxing day :) I'm pretty happy with my current 24" monitor, I just want something bigger and not to lose detail.

edit: I started reading reviews on Amazon and other places. The reviews on the ASUS seem pretty mixed. Some people had problems but were able to resolve them by changing settings and updating their video card driver. Other people weren't and had rough experiences with the monitor. The reviews are mixed enough I don't think I'd buy one.
Well that's disappointing. Seemed like a good deal. I might still get it and test it out for a few days. It won't be used for gaming and won't be sitting next to another monitor so maybe it will work.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2006
1654 posts
302 upvotes
cheamh wrote: Well that's disappointing. Seemed like a good deal. I might still get it and test it out for a few days. It won't be used for gaming and won't be sitting next to another monitor so maybe it will work.
I'm in the same boat as you. Won't be doing any gaming on it, just browsing / word excel etc. but also want something big enough to watch a movie on (from my couch 5-6 feet away). Upgrading from a 6 year old 22" tn panel..

Anyone know if any best buys have these on display? Ive been to 2 and haven't seen it.
Member
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: I'm in the same boat as you. Won't be doing any gaming on it, just browsing / word excel etc. but also want something big enough to watch a movie on (from my couch 5-6 feet away). Upgrading from a 6 year old 22" tn panel..

Anyone know if any best buys have these on display? Ive been to 2 and haven't seen it.
I was thinking about upgrading to a bigger monitor, myself. - It needs to be no more than $150 TO $200..anything in that price range?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2006
1654 posts
302 upvotes
BB will have a HP 27" 1080p for $180 on Boxing Day.

Staples has a 24" Samsung on sale right now for $150 ($135 if you use a coupon).

Personally I'm staying away from 27" monitors unless they have a higher resolution... too pixelated for me.
Member
Aug 29, 2010
361 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
Holding out for a simple 24" 1080p 144hz mointor. I don't know why they're so damn pricey.

It never made any sense to me that gaming monitors are going for ultra-wide screen and higher resolutions instead of faster refresh rates. It's the same bullshit as TV's going for 4K and faster refresh rates when like 80% of movies are 2.39:1.

But anyway I'm hoping this returns to its Black Friday price of $249 or better:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-gn246hl ... omoid=1943

Currently sitting at $259 on Amazon, I'm hoping it'll be included as an unadvertised Canada Computers or NCIX sale.
Newbie
Oct 15, 2008
30 posts
32 upvotes
Lemonylol wrote:
But anyway I'm hoping this returns to its Black Friday price of $249 or better:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-gn246hl ... omoid=1943

Currently sitting at $259 on Amazon, I'm hoping it'll be included as an unadvertised Canada Computers or NCIX sale.
It's at $244 at Newegg.ca right now with the email promo code.
http://promotions.newegg.ca/neemail/lat ... 1482319534

EDIT:

Looks like staples has it for $229 for boxing day.
Member
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
Any chance that we can find monitor in the $150 to $200 range during Boxing Day?
Newbie
Jul 23, 2009
76 posts
9 upvotes
dahurricaneg wrote: Any chance that we can find monitor in the $150 to $200 range during Boxing Day?
there are quite a few 24'' in that range and a 27'' at BB for 180
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2894 posts
256 upvotes
I'll try again:

Looking for new monitor, any thoughts on:

Philips 43" 4K UHD 60Hz 5ms GTG IPS LED Monitor - $699.99 (regularly $1199.99) [best buy]

vs

Dell 34" UltraSharp Curved Ultrawide Monitor - $899.99 (regularly $1299.99) [dell]
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2006
1654 posts
302 upvotes
jadoocian wrote: I'll try again:

Looking for new monitor, any thoughts on:

Philips 43" 4K UHD 60Hz 5ms GTG IPS LED Monitor - $699.99 (regularly $1199.99) [best buy]

vs

Dell 34" UltraSharp Curved Ultrawide Monitor - $899.99 (regularly $1299.99) [dell]

Assuming the 34 inch ultrawide is 1440p (which it surely is at that price), to me it's easy. 34" ultrawide all the way.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2894 posts
256 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: Assuming the 34 inch ultrawide is 1440p (which it surely is at that price), to me it's easy. 34" ultrawide all the way.
why..? seems like your decision is based on resolution. isn't 4k > than 1440p?
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.

Top