• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2016 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2006
1606 posts
289 upvotes
jadoocian wrote: why..? seems like your decision is based on resolution. isn't 4k > than 1440p?

You are talking about 2 different sized screens so we can't compare resolution directly. I'm sure 4K on a 43" monitor will look sharp and 1440p on a 32"UW will look sharp. I'll leave it to someone else to do the ppi math. Bottom line is they will both look really good resolution wise.

It also comes down to personal preference. To me, having a 43" "monitor" would look silly, like you have a tv on your desk. I'm also not big on looking up and down so much on a monitor... the 43" will be much higher.

The ultrawide looks sleek (personal preference) and would also be a lot more useful for computer applications like snapping two documents to either side. Also widescreen movies will be better.


Really all personal preference. But if ou gave this choice to most people who know what they are talking about, I think 90% would prefer for the ultrawide
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1944 posts
139 upvotes
Guelph
Is IPS the best type of panel if I just want a really basic, but still nice looking, good res screen? I either want 24 or 27, no gaming, just leisurely use.....the one thing that would be nice is full up down swivel and tilt adjustability that I see a lot of the dells come with...but if it meant paying a lot more for that feature I'd do without.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2014
2638 posts
502 upvotes
my korean monitor qnix 2560x1440 is going strong still, and it overclocks to 100hz. I recommend getting one of thse on ebay if u can find a deal. best sub 400$ purchase ive ever made on a screen.

can be had on newegg aswell but ebay is best price. i didnt buy a pixel perfect and i had 0 dead pixels on mine.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 20, 2006
1041 posts
239 upvotes
How is the "LG 27UD58" 4k monitor at Canada Computer?
I am thinking either that or the "Asus VA32AQ" 1440p at Best Buy.
Do you guys recommend either of them or should I be looking at another one?
Newbie
Oct 15, 2008
21 posts
4 upvotes
skyngai wrote: How is the "LG 27UD58" 4k monitor at Canada Computer?
I am thinking either that or the "Asus VA32AQ" 1440p at Best Buy.
Do you guys recommend either of them or should I be looking at another one?
I bought both during Black Friday.

Asus looked washed out, even with the recommended settings someone posted to help. Returned it.

Kept the 27UD58, it's image/colours quality blew away the VA32AQ. This alone was worth the price difference and loss of size for me.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2016
53 posts
3 upvotes
I too am looking for two monitors. My budget is around 200 per monitor. I found a few monitors online i am not too sure which I should pick as there are a lot of variables such as Brightness vs Colours vs Refresh rate vs Resolution. In your opinion which is the best option for the money. I don't play too much games but I want the best picture.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824146272
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824236662
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824260393
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824160177
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5866 posts
518 upvotes
Kanata
You should look for IPS monitors. On BF, HP has 23 inch IPS full HD for $100 before tax and EV fees, too bad no such deals on BD.
jin99976 wrote: I too am looking for two monitors. My budget is around 200 per monitor. I found a few monitors online i am not too sure which I should pick as there are a lot of variables such as Brightness vs Colours vs Refresh rate vs Resolution. In your opinion which is the best option for the money. I don't play too much games but I want the best picture.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824146272
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824236662
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824260393
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824160177
Member
Jul 25, 2007
486 posts
143 upvotes
jin99976 wrote: I too am looking for two monitors. My budget is around 200 per monitor. I found a few monitors online i am not too sure which I should pick as there are a lot of variables such as Brightness vs Colours vs Refresh rate vs Resolution. In your opinion which is the best option for the money. I don't play too much games but I want the best picture.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824146272
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824236662
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824260393
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6824160177
I just purchased a Dell monitor from Best Buy..$200 after taxes (thanks to he ripoff environmental fee, or it would have been less than $200) and I read some good reviews - the best price for a 24 inch monitor!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
1506 posts
225 upvotes
Got the 27er for $210 + Env. Fee + Tx at Staples after PMing with HP Canada website and applying 20 off 200 coupon. Saw the monitor at the store, pleased by the design and quality. No VESA mount though.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
1029 posts
246 upvotes
Any deals on 30"+ 4K monitors? I looked at the 43" Philips one @ Best Buy, but the reviews seem pretty terrible, esp regarding burn-in effects.
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2012
664 posts
250 upvotes
Kamloops
I spent the last 2 months reading about 4k monitors to replace my u3011 which is 4 to 5 years old but still working.

The Philips should be ok as earlier model had that burn in problem. Said it is using LG ips panel. For 700 you can't go wrong. Also people say give it 100 hours and it will not have that burn in. So it's like you need to burn in a monitor to remove the burn in lol.

I couldn't wait so I ordered the wasabi mango uhd430 and no regrets. Total cost about 1060 bucks after fee.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2827 posts
237 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote:
You are talking about 2 different sized screens so we can't compare resolution directly. I'm sure 4K on a 43" monitor will look sharp and 1440p on a 32"UW will look sharp. I'll leave it to someone else to do the ppi math. Bottom line is they will both look really good resolution wise.

It also comes down to personal preference. To me, having a 43" "monitor" would look silly, like you have a tv on your desk. I'm also not big on looking up and down so much on a monitor... the 43" will be much higher.

The ultrawide looks sleek (personal preference) and would also be a lot more useful for computer applications like snapping two documents to either side. Also widescreen movies will be better.


Really all personal preference. But if ou gave this choice to most people who know what they are talking about, I think 90% would prefer for the ultrawide

Thanks for your input.
Ended up getting the dell. I have you to blame lol

FYI used 10% off monitor coupon and Ebates.
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.

Top