Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
24s

Canada Goose 25-30% off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2020 1:30 am
Aug 24, 2011
565 posts
590 upvotes
TORONTO
madknife wrote: i don't know about other brands, but i bought a parka some 9 years ago from CG for like $600, wore it every year and everywhere, in some pretty harsh conditions, and earlier this year noticed some discoloration on the sleeves and a little down/feather coming out, so I went into the store for their lifetime warranty... they took a jacket, inspected it, and told me that because this is an older style that they no longer made, i can basically pick ANYTHING from their lineup today and get a FREE REPLACEMENT! i was like... wait wat...!?!?! so i chose the Expedition PBI that sells for $1450... and the entire process from me going to the store with a beat up $600 jacket to me receiving a brand new $1450 jacket took 3 weeks...

i don't really own any luxury clothing items except this one jacket, so i have no idea if this kind of service is common among their competitor brands, but i'm now a lifelong fan and evangelizer!
Did you need proof of purchase or anything?
KFC Supremacist
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1817 posts
1337 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: 3rd 24s I get a bunch of items from them that come out to be much cheaper than even ssense during their sale from some harder to find items from specific designers as compared to the big box stores here or in the USA. They also have an amazing looking Parisan shipping box with a popup picture when you open it!
I agree! Forgot about their shipping boxes!
Sep 19, 2005
770 posts
812 upvotes
hollandmoon wrote: Did you need proof of purchase or anything?
nope. i didn't have anything. they actually told me it doesn't matter where you buy it. as long as it's a CG jacket, you can bring it into the yorkdale store for warranty service
Sep 19, 2005
770 posts
812 upvotes
Mkmkmkm wrote: Really? This has been the opposite of my experience.

Same thing happened to my wife, it was basically as warm as a T-shirt. She mailed it back to CG (at her own shipping expense of like $50), and had to pay a $100 cleaning fee on top of that. They basically said it's natural wear and tear and did nothing. $150 down the drain to end up at square one. Though the warranty was virtually useless since this will definitely happen over a decade.

Maybe I'll try going into a physical store. Can you give more details? (Where you went, did you have to complain a lot, etc.)
not sure what happened with your jacket, but the cleaning fee is $45+tax = $50.85. a screenshot from my warranty case is attached. but more importantly, if they end up sending you a new one, instead of repairing the one you sent them, which is my case, you don't even have to pay this at all!
all i did was to take my dirty old jacket to the yorkdale store, tell them i'm here for warranty service, they led me to a corner of the store with seats, and a rep with an ipad came and took down all my info (address, phone, issue with the parka, etc.). then she told me what to expect, and that everything should take 4-8 weeks. i didn't really complain except to say that there was some discoloration along the sleeves and that the parka feels a lot less warm than it was 10 years ago... which i thought was pretty normal for any type of clothing... but just thought i should give their warranty a try...
Images
  • Untitled.png
May 4, 2014
247 posts
360 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
madknife wrote: i don't know about other brands, but i bought a parka some 9 years ago from CG for like $600, wore it every year and everywhere, in some pretty harsh conditions, and earlier this year noticed some discoloration on the sleeves and a little down/feather coming out, so I went into the store for their lifetime warranty... they took a jacket, inspected it, and told me that because this is an older style that they no longer made, i can basically pick ANYTHING from their lineup today and get a FREE REPLACEMENT! i was like... wait wat...!?!?! so i chose the Expedition PBI that sells for $1450... and the entire process from me going to the store with a beat up $600 jacket to me receiving a brand new $1450 jacket took 3 weeks...

i don't really own any luxury clothing items except this one jacket, so i have no idea if this kind of service is common among their competitor brands, but i'm now a lifelong fan and evangelizer!
And that's how you know their margins are out of this world.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: “My $47.80 Walmart jackets does the same job”
Walmart?... are you millionaire?.... what's wrong with stealing used counterfeit knockoffs from clothing donation boxes?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
Since it's not clear to a bunch of you, if luxury goods aren't in your wheelhouse ignore this thread or start up a debate in OT. Thread crapping and derailing in Hot Deals is helpful to no one.

This may seem heavy handed to a few, but the reality is every.single.luxury.item thread always devolves into the same, tired arguments (and CG in particular is a trigger for the same people).
Be kind and civil with one another
Mar 6, 2019
237 posts
173 upvotes

i was told they replace product with a "comparable" one. in your case (and i'm sure in all others) the prices have been raised numerous times in recent years. i wouldn't buy today on the basis they will theoretically give you a credit for $3500 in 10 yrs. that is a long time, anything can change and likely will as more and more customers of like mind continue to bend the rules and exploit this to a level which is beyond reasonable. imho the chinese retail bubble peaked a while ago (along with Cda Goose shares which are down 50% from all time high) and it is highly doubtful we will return to times like that.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1171 posts
741 upvotes
Toronto
SINGLE24 for 24% off right now + 10% CB from topcashback.com

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)