• May 21st, 2020 2:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5509 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto

24v transformer humidifier

I've been trying to find where I can buy a 24v transformer with a screw mount. But rona and home hardware are OOS. I checked amazon, home depot, lowes, a bit of googling...

Anyone know another place?

I'm aiming to pay under $30
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2501 posts
926 upvotes
Woodbridge
I can give you at no cost provided you can pick it from Woodbridge.
However the one I have is not screw mounted. It has to be hooked through the terminals on furnace board. I can offer you this : https://www.amresupply.com/part/GP-81-4 ... ormer-24va

I guess you are looking something like this : https://www.amresupply.com/part/16125653
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Humidifier 2020 Group Buy
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5509 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
newlyborn wrote: I can give you at no cost provided you can pick it from Woodbridge.
However the one I have is not screw mounted. It has to be hooked through the terminals on furnace board. I can offer you this : https://www.amresupply.com/part/GP-81-4 ... ormer-24va
No I am looking for your exact one... Thanks for the offer. I think I might try the pick up from the site you linked... Not sure if I found this one before... But it does have pick up in Scarborough.
If I change my mind and want a nice 'drive' to get some fresh air and out of the house. I'll let you know.

Thanks a bunch again!

Edit... Took the thing out of my humidifer and did a proper test... and it works... so maybe don't need a new one..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5509 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone cares, i fixed it... Unsure what it was plugged into... but that line that was connected to the black wire didn't seem to be connected... so I just connected it to another black wire and it works perfectly now.

Unsure if it ever worked at all [bought with house, inspector didn't catch it] (I do see some calcium deposits on the humidity filter, unsure if the previous owner poured in water... or did something else...) Other option is that something broke on my furnace motherboard and disconnected that wire... (possibly a fuse or something, I didn't tear it all down)

Edit:
So figured out that it was wired correctly... and the other possibility is that it works fine (before) and I just played with something I didn't have to... and it never turned on cause humidity was fine all this time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9677 posts
5061 upvotes
Paris
killoverme wrote: If anyone cares, i fixed it... Unsure what it was plugged into... but that line that was connected to the black wire didn't seem to be connected... so I just connected it to another black wire and it works perfectly now.

Unsure if it ever worked at all [bought with house, inspector didn't catch it] (I do see some calcium deposits on the humidity filter, unsure if the previous owner poured in water... or did something else...) Other option is that something broke on my furnace motherboard and disconnected that wire... (possibly a fuse or something, I didn't tear it all down)

Edit:
So figured out that it was wired correctly... and the other possibility is that it works fine (before) and I just played with something I didn't have to... and it never turned on cause humidity was fine all this time.
I would say in general you dont need humidity at this time of year, but rather December-March 1st. Also my humidifier always works better if I change the filter every year, but then I live in the town with the second hardest water in Ontario and I get a lot of deposits even after softening.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5509 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
Jerico wrote: I would say in general you dont need humidity at this time of year, but rather December-March 1st. Also my humidifier always works better if I change the filter every year, but then I live in the town with the second hardest water in Ontario and I get a lot of deposits even after softening.
Yeah I know, it's not something I need now. It will be humid soon.. lol. It was just a thing I wanted to 'fix' due to having some time at home now. Cause I have NEVER seen/heard it turn on lol. Mine is pretty clean. bit of tiny deposits but not much. I think my furnance has some kind of sensor that enables a relay to power on the humidistat if the humidity is too low. So I'll test it on at another time by raising my 'preferred' humidity to like 90% or something just to see if it triggers the switch on.