Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

$25 credit and $0 SIM card (in-store activation of talk, text and data plan at Walmart and London Drugs)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2018 1:50 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
apvm wrote: Went to Walmart last night to try activate the $10 plan, too bad their computer was down and can't sign me up, going today and see if I can get $25 credit with free sim card.
Don't forget a current customer's phone number so you can get the $10 referral credit too!
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
apvm wrote: Don't know anyone with Public mobile.
Some signatures will probably give a hint, though in fairness, most people I know IRL are with the big carriers.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Nov 26, 2017
234 posts
354 upvotes
Can I get my number ported on in-store activation?
Rogers Ignite 300u - 40$
Public Mobile 4.5Gb - 40-7$
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
TruAdmiralAckbar wrote: Can I get my number ported on in-store activation?
Leaving for Walmart now with a referral number, going to port number from Petrol Canada Mobility, will let you know when I come back.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
TruAdmiralAckbar wrote: Can I get my number ported on in-store activation?
Should be fine! Or, you can activate with a new number, make sure the service works and you like the service, and then port your number as a second step.

The nice thing about the two-step process is that if you have issues with account activation, you still have phone service while messaging with the PM forum moderators to get those issues fixed (when they're busy, that can be a day- or two-long process).
Aug 13, 2018
25 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver BC
I wonder if I port my Fido number to PM, take advantage of this promo, will Fido try winback ? Anybody ever tried this?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
apvm wrote: Went to Walmart last night to try activate the $10 plan, too bad their computer was down and can't sign me up, going today and see if I can get $25 credit with free sim card.
Pretty sure the new updated promo only works on text/talk/data plans. The $10 plan has no data. You should still get free sim.
Public Mobile
Feb 16, 2018
137 posts
55 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: Pretty sure the new updated promo only works on text/talk/data plans. The $10 plan has no data. You should still get free sim.
That's incorrect. No need to get any data plan. I got $25 credit even by activating $10 plan (50 texts and 50 minutes and no data)
Dec 15, 2017
222 posts
155 upvotes
Does it have to be walmart or can I go to any regular public mobile store to get the $0 sim card? There is a public mobile store near by where I live and walmart is far far away. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
Hercaz wrote: Does it have to be walmart or can I go to any regular public mobile store to get the $0 sim card? There is a public mobile store near by where I live and walmart is far far way. Thanks
As far as I know there are no Public Mobile stores - you can only buy their SIMs and activate in person at Walmart, London Drugs or WOW mobile boutique (and maybe something called k-mobile?).
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
cappaj wrote: As far as I know there are no Public Mobile stores - you can only buy their SIMs and activate in person at Walmart, London Drugs or WOW mobile boutique (and maybe something called k-mobile?).
Koodo authorized dealers (non corporate stores) are also an option.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote: Koodo authorized dealers (non corporate stores) are also an option.
How would you find one of those? What are the stores actually called?
Dec 15, 2017
222 posts
155 upvotes
cappaj wrote: As far as I know there are no Public Mobile stores - you can only buy their SIMs and activate in person at Walmart, London Drugs or WOW mobile boutique (and maybe something called k-mobile?).
There is one in North York, at least appears on google maps as active and has few recent reviews. Never been inside that building so don't know for sure.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
Hercaz wrote: There is one in North York, at least appears on google maps as active and has few recent reviews. Never been inside that building so don't know for sure.
Can you share the link to the map where you find it? I'm wondering if it's actually a WOW mobile boutique or something...
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
Red604 wrote: I wonder if I port my Fido number to PM, take advantage of this promo, will Fido try winback ? Anybody ever tried this?
That's what I did a month ago! Ported out to PM hoping to get the Fido winback call. Which I did not get. I called in a few times, and every time they told me I wasn't on the list.

That said, I'm paying way less per month now and getting twice the data I was getting before - and now I have the flexibility to watch for deals with anyone else (hoping to get an S9 soon!).
Dec 15, 2017
222 posts
155 upvotes
cappaj wrote: Can you share the link to the map where you find it? I'm wondering if it's actually a WOW mobile boutique or something...
It's right on sheppard-yonge intersection, address Public Mobile, 4750 Yonge St #159, Toronto, ON M2N 0J6.
Jan 11, 2007
256 posts
49 upvotes
No dice at Walmart, so i just went to WoW Mobile last night.

Got the $10 plan, free sim, setup auto-pay for $2 credit, used the referral promo for $10 Credit and activated in-store.

All in all, free sign-up, $10 credit and $8/month after credits run out. Going to see if Koodo sends any migration offers to this number or port my grandmother to Public, as i need to get her a new line anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
Hercaz wrote: It's right on sheppard-yonge intersection, address Public Mobile, 4750 Yonge St #159, Toronto, ON M2N 0J6.
My guess is that's referring to the K-Mobile store at that address:

https://www.k-mobile.ca/yongest/
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
Ruski1982 wrote: No dice at Walmart, so i just went to WoW Mobile last night.

Got the $10 plan, free sim, setup auto-pay for $2 credit, used the referral promo for $10 Credit and activated in-store.

All in all, free sign-up, $10 credit and $8/month after credits run out. Going to see if Koodo sends any migration offers to this number or port my grandmother to Public, as i need to get her a new line anyway.
Too bad you couldn't sign up at Walmart, that would've been another $15 in credit to your account balance. Why were you unable to activate there?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)