• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 12:32 pm
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
481 posts
394 upvotes
Kanata

[Canadian Tire] $25 CT GC when you spend $125 or more and pay with Masterpass

First time posting a deal... I just saw this on the Canadian Tire website and didn't find it posted here yet! It works out to about 16.67% off your CT merchandise (25 / 150).

Get a $25 Canadian Tire Gift Card when you spend $125† or more on canadiantire.ca and pay with Masterpass.

*Offer ends August 6th, 2019. Your gift card will be mailed to you within 8 weeks from the date of your qualifying Masterpass purchase. Minimum purchase of $125 is before taxes and shipping fees.

†$25 GIFT CARD: Total qualifying purchase must be $125 or more before applicable taxes and shipping fees. Purchasing of gift cards cannot be used towards qualifying purchase amount. $25 Gift Card will be mailed to you within 8 weeks of your qualifying purchase. The Gift Card is only redeemable for merchandise and services at Canadian Tire retail stores or at Gas+ locations. The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash, used to purchase other gift cards or applied as a payment on any Canadian Tire credit account. Applicable taxes will be charged on the total transaction value before deducting the Gift Card value. Canadian Tire and Mastercard International Incorporated are not responsible for replacing the value on this Gift Card if it is lost, stolen destroyed, damaged or used without your knowledge or consent.
48 replies
May 20, 2011
60 posts
31 upvotes
CALGARY
Any way to buy the Pennzoil deal with this? It says for in store purchase only :(
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
481 posts
394 upvotes
Kanata
iRSX2011 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 11:21 am
Any way to buy the Pennzoil deal with this? It says for in store purchase only :(
It would appear CT has put a few (or all?) of their 4-day deal items on an in-store only purchase mode. I spot checked some things that I bought yesterday and they're not available for online purchase either...
I would guess they don't want tons of people placing holds at those prices and filling up the pickup area.
Jul 5, 2013
751 posts
1100 upvotes
Saint John
iRSX2011 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 11:21 am
Order something at the same price and then contact your local store to modify your order (has to be before the Ready for Pickup time)
Nov 20, 2014
74 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thank you. Was thinking of getting a bike and could not find any CT gift cards sale, all expired.
This helps.
Oct 25, 2014
164 posts
71 upvotes
Boswell, BC
Has anyone been able to sign in to the website? I've been getting a "Currently unavailable, please try back later." error since Saturday.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
481 posts
394 upvotes
Kanata
emma30 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 7:23 pm
Has anyone been able to sign in to the website? I've been getting a "Currently unavailable, please try back later." error since Saturday.
That used to happen to me all the time too, and I figured out it was actually my adblocker that was preventing the login. Try disabling yours and see if it starts working again (assuming you have one...). If you don't have an adblocker then try a different browser; an old IE might work instead of Chrome/Edge/Firefox.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
2956 posts
3676 upvotes
Ottawa
emma30 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 7:23 pm
Had the same issue, worked only when I opened in incognoto mode. All good after I cleared cookies and cached site data.
Sep 7, 2014
657 posts
687 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Is there a limit of how many times you can dip? I need new summer tires but am thinking of buying them individually...

I'm debating on doing the following:
- Go through Ebates for 10% CB
- Order tire using MasterPass
- Get x% CT money
- Get $25 CT GC
- Get $25 tire manufacturer rebate.

Do this x4.

Any issues with this?
[OP]
Jul 27, 2016
481 posts
394 upvotes
Kanata
seafish wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 1:17 pm
Is there a limit of 1 GC per Masterpass/Canadiantire account? I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 1:27 pm
Is there a limit of how many times you can dip? I need new summer tires but am thinking of buying them individually...

I'm debating on doing the following:
- Go through Ebates for 10% CB
- Order tire using MasterPass
- Get x% CT money
- Get $25 CT GC
- Get $25 tire manufacturer rebate.

Do this x4.

Any issues with this?
I don't see a limit mentioned anywhere either. At this point I'd say YMMV... but I suspect that you should get a $25 GC for every one of your $125 transactions based purely on how the terms are worded.

Perhaps keep screenshots of the terms for yourself just in case you end up needing to fight for the additional GC's.
Sep 7, 2014
657 posts
687 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Howitzer1 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 1:33 pm
I don't see a limit mentioned anywhere either. At this point I'd say YMMV... but I suspect that you should get a $25 GC for every one of your $125 transactions based purely on how the terms are worded.
Perhaps keep screenshots of the terms for yourself just in case you end up needing to fight for the additional GC's.
Agreed. I know in the past the Visa Checkout/MasterPass deals have been something like "use VC/MP and get $20 off" and have been limited to once per account. BUT since you're getting a CT GC, it seems it's a promo by CT and not Visa/MC, so we'll see.

I'll prob take the gamble either way since 1) I need the tires, 2) the Ebates CB is only today, 3) the manufacturer rebate is only for another 3 days, and 4) even with only one CT GC the deal is still gonna be better than any other time lol.

...I suppose I could just make new MasterPass accounts for mine and my SO's various cards to skirt the one per account if that's the case...hmm.

The work we put in for deals haha
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3127 posts
2485 upvotes
Muskoka
Thanks - used Masterpass and 10% at eBates to get a small storage shed
Koodo
Public Mobile
Nov 21, 2017
186 posts
282 upvotes