25% off Any Suit, Free Shirt, Free Accessory & Free Shipping @ Indochino

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2010 4:54 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1251 posts
17 upvotes
Atheral wrote: I just got my suit from Indochino. Overall, quite pleased and I will order from them again, after I get it altered a bit and my measurements perfected (they reimburse you up to $75).

My only tip for ppl ordering is - don't measure exactly how the videos show you, follow the same method but measure according to how you want the suit to fit you and not according to your body.

My suit was a bit too tight in the chest and arm area, so I should've added 1-2 more inches to the actual measurements.
do you have any pics?
keep in mind the suit needs to be worn a few times just to ease into the fit of your body.
Vancouver
Mar 24, 2010
23 posts
Vienna
Hi, thanks to this really good deal I have ordered today and I have been in contact with their customer service concerning the measuring. I got the clear answer that it gives the best result to clearly follow the instruction videos. They told me that websites suggesting to take up to 4 inches off etc. are outdated and that their production process is continuously adapted to ensure best results. In a nutshell, don't fiddle around with the numbers, just follow the videos. I'll post the results once I get the suit!
Jul 2, 2005
361 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
Chavez wrote: Annnd now I'm confused. So.. add a bit more if I don't want it too tight? or add a bit less so it doesn't fit like a boat?

Anyone here just measure how the video shows and get good results?
I went really tight with my measurements (except wrist, I like a bit of room) and the only thing i needed to get modified is the chest/belly to be a bit bigger, was too tight for my likings. So if you make it really tight there, add 1 to 2 inches (depending on the fit you want, I guess) to that measurement and it should fit comfortable. I've only ordered one suit, other one ordered yesterday so hopefully the shirt fit will be the same ( I didn't modify the shirt fit, only jacket because the shirt fit nicely )

Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1251 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Jul 31, 2008
774 posts
1 upvote
You should post full body shot to get a sense of proportions.

How do the shoulders fit? The shoulders on both the suit and shirt look just a smidge too big, more so with the suit and a little with the shirt. You should also wear a smaller and/or slimmer watch. That one is too clunky for a suit. It's keeping your right shirt sleeve way up under the jacket sleeve.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1805 posts
16 upvotes
Ziondog, unless you need extra room when you turn into the hulk, your swimming in that suit. :D
Jesus Saves, GOD Backs-Up

Packin HEAT
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1863 posts
68 upvotes
Ziondog,
Blazer does not look custom made at all. Sleeves, shoulders, chest etc. everything is just too large. And why no pants pic? Looks like you got an OTR suit thats too big for you.

That watch makes things even looks worse imho.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
hey ziondog, thanks for posting the pics. just like a lot of people are saying, you might want to make the suit across the shoulders a bit narrower.

are the buttons on the sleeve jacket working?

just for a bit of a comparison. i got suit material for a two piece suit for 150 rmb and went to a local tailor 120 rmb for jacket + 16 rmb for surgeon cuffs) and (40 rmb for pants). under 50 bucks canadian all in, mind you you should tack on the price for the flight. :cheesygri
Jul 31, 2008
774 posts
1 upvote
They won't do surgeon cuffs for your first order because you might have to alter sleeves, but they can do the cuffs for no extra charge on orders after the first.
May 2, 2006
31 posts
8 upvotes
just ordered mine yesterday.. something weird though, i usually wear 29 or 30 waist size jeans/pants. but according to that video measure, my waist size is 31.5?!?
Jul 31, 2008
774 posts
1 upvote
Yes, for most brands, the pants tag size is actually 2" smaller than the waist measurement on the pants.
Apr 10, 2004
439 posts
49 upvotes
Victoria
CanuckBassist wrote: They won't do surgeon cuffs for your first order because you might have to alter sleeves, but they can do the cuffs for no extra charge on orders after the first.
I ordered and received surgeon cuffs on my first order just this past January ;)
Jul 31, 2008
774 posts
1 upvote
xdreamerII wrote: I ordered and received surgeon cuffs on my first order just this past January ;)
That's odd. The option is greyed out for me.
Apr 10, 2004
439 posts
49 upvotes
Victoria
CanuckBassist wrote: That's odd. The option is greyed out for me.
Yeah, I remember the message "not available for first order" but I was able to select the radio button...Maybe try registering an account first?
Jul 31, 2008
774 posts
1 upvote
xdreamerII wrote: Yeah, I remember the message "not available for first order" but I was able to select the radio button...Maybe try registering an account first?
I do have an account registered. I just double checked right now. I can't select the radio button. :(

Oh well, I'll save the surgeon cuffs for after I get the suit perfectly sized.
Jul 7, 2005
998 posts
170 upvotes
CanuckBassist wrote: You should post full body shot to get a sense of proportions.

How do the shoulders fit? The shoulders on both the suit and shirt look just a smidge too big, more so with the suit and a little with the shirt. You should also wear a smaller and/or slimmer watch. That one is too clunky for a suit. It's keeping your right shirt sleeve way up under the jacket sleeve.
+1

@ziondog

Your watch it too big, either that or increase cuff size on the shirt of the right wrist. The shoulders are too big and the jacket is short for my tastes. Also, are the trousers too tight?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1805 posts
16 upvotes
ziondog wrote: I had some changes in my measurements too.
Wierd!

Looks like they auto change some measurements where they see fit, but it ended up making it fit terrible.
Something strange is definitely going on with the measurements.

I messed around with the sliders when I wasnt logged in with the "NEW? MEASURE NOW" so when I did log in later on, it overwrote my accounts stored measurements.

Now the second problem is, before my shirt length was 24.5" if I went to "Modify your measurements" section (before the above problem happened) but if I go to "order history" and see what is in there, it shows my shirt sleeve length as 23". All of the measurements are the same between the shirt and suit except when I had alterations made on the suit, the changes I had made show up in the historical data under the "order history" measurements. So instead of my suit being 23" (what they sent the suit as) it shows up as 23.5" (what I had the suit altered to).

Extremely confusing for this to be happening with the one very important piece of information: your measurements.
Jesus Saves, GOD Backs-Up

Packin HEAT
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
1 X Essential Charcoal Suit
1 X Deep Apple Red Striped Shirt
1 X Four dot Purple tie

$261.75

What's everyone's opinion on Pick Stitching on the lapels? I didn't avail of it but I could probably still have it done on the suit

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)