Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

$25 Referral credit for both parties until Mar 31

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2019 1:32 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
donnatella wrote: I guess it's still a good deal. I just wish I knew when this promo $25 for 1 GB plan was expiring...
There is currently is no set expiry for that plan. Everything that I've seen indicates this is a regular plan now, although Public Mobile could change these plans offered to new customers any time that they wish.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Deal has been extended!
Kiddin - Happy April Fools’ Day!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: Deal has been extended!
Kiddin - Happy April Fools’ Day!
Very funny
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
donnatella wrote: I guess it's still a good deal. I just wish I knew when this promo $25 for 1 GB plan was expiring...
If you can wait a week or two I would do that actually because there have been some good deals lately. Some are saying it was to boost their quarter end but you won't know until a week or two of no deals.

As someone else mentioned you can still get $10 credit with a referral at least it covers the SIM card.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3165 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: I guessed we missed this promotions but my mom just told me that virgin is raised her plan by $5 a month (100 mins + unlimited text, voice mail + weekends and evenings). I think $30 is way to much for this plan and thinking of switch her to $15 for 30 day plan but I am wondering is there any other fees I need to know about like 911 fees or whatever?

Also it says UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging does that mean canada + international texting (as long as sent in Canada)?
No extra fees. Unlimited international texting while in Canada. Sign her for autopay and the fee becomes $13/month.

Here is a link to the main PM thread on the various popular plans:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-m ... s-2273357/
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
embguy wrote: The PM $15 plan is not the same as Virgin $30 plan.
Virgin $30: 100 day time minutes, unlimited weekend and evening minutes.
PM $15 plan: 100 minutes and no unlimited weekend and evening minutes.

Read your mom's Virgin statement on the total number of minutes used by her per month including the free weekend and evening minutes. If she uses less than 100 minutes, then switch her to PM $15 plan. Otherwise, keep looking... PM $25 plan may be a better plan.
True, the $25 PM plan is more in line with VM. The first thing I did look was average mins per month for the last 6 months and she is using like 30mins a month, which seems to include any weekend/evening mins.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: True, the $25 PM plan is more in line with VM. The first thing I did look was average mins per month for the last 6 months and she is using like 30mins a month, which seems to include any weekend/evening mins.
If she uses 30 minutes/m, get the $10($8 after autopay discount) 50 minutes + 50 outgoing text messages.
You can get her $8 200 minutes add-on for the months she uses more than 50 minutes. The add-on minutes has not expiry date. Unused minutes will roll-over to next months until all used. Please note that the unused plan minutes will expired after 30 days.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
embguy wrote: If she uses 30 minutes/m, get the $10($8 after autopay discount) 50 minutes + 50 outgoing text messages.
You can get her $8 200 minutes add-on for the months she uses more than 50 minutes. The add-on minutes has not expiry date. Unused minutes will roll-over to next months until all used. Please note that the unused plan minutes will expired after 30 days.
I was looking at that plan but she likes to text so I don't think 50 text is enough. Vm does not seem to show how many she texts a month.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: I was looking at that plan but she likes to text so I don't think 50 text is enough. Vm does not seem to show how many she texts a month.
$13 with autopay is a better plan for unlimited text messages. Wait for a few days. The free SIM and free second month promo may be back this weekend.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
embguy wrote: $13 with autopay is a better plan for unlimited text messages. Wait for a few days. The free SIM and free second month promo may be back this weekend.
Yep, I think that's the best plan. Yeah we got time till 24 as that's like her next billing period
Not sure what happens if you cancel Midway if you get money back.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
xiaobao wrote: Yep, I think that's the best plan. Yeah we got time till 24 as that's like her next billing period
Not sure what happens if you cancel Midway if you get money back.
Is she on a Virgin prepaid plan?
Prepaid plan = no refund
Postpaid plan = refund of unused days after port out. But some provider has a minimum refund policy. You need to check with Virgin.
Don't leave it to the last minute because her number must be active before you can port her number to PM.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1397 upvotes
Finally joined Public Mobile from Speakout. Walmart managed to get my number ported through registration and I got a $10 credit after signing up.
Enjoying the LTE speed so far.
Does anyone prepay with Tangerine? I noticed I only got 0.5% with recurring bills. Will this be changed going forward or should I just switch to a different card?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)