Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

($29.96 now)Thesource $39.96 quicktalk solar charging bluetooth speakerphone

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2010 7:17 pm
Tags:
None
11 replies
Oct 28, 2009
68 posts
7 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the voice quality from this thing?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1802 posts
409 upvotes
Edmonton
can anyone comment on the solar power of this thing? does it really charge it up for a long time usage?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener
KA24DE wrote: Can anyone comment on the voice quality from this thing?
"Sounds a bit far away but you can still hear them clearly."

not for me :)

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Jun 6, 2004
618 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
I had just picked up this speakerphone from the source. I did not try it yet, it is still charging.
When I was trying to find other solar powered bluetooth speakerphones online I stumbled upon the Scosche SolChat. The positioning of the buttons, operation and specs looks identical to this one. I bet they use the exact same internals, this is just the debranded version to cover the demand. The SolChat has pretty good reviews online.

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/review/r ... akerphone/
Dec 28, 2006
201 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
c001m4n wrote: I had just picked up this speakerphone from the source. I did not try it yet, it is still charging.
When I was trying to find other solar powered bluetooth speakerphones online I stumbled upon the Scosche SolChat. The positioning of the buttons, operation and specs looks identical to this one. I bet they use the exact same internals, this is just the debranded version to cover the demand. The SolChat has pretty good reviews online.

I bought one two weeks ago and yes it has the exact same voice and features as the Scosche model. Probably just rebranded for TSCC.

I will be returning mine -- not happy with the voice dial / voice recognition or with the quality of the voice when answering a call. The person calling you has a very difficult time understanding what you're saying. There's lots of noise and choppy voice.

Maybe all of these devices are like that? I have nothing to compare it to.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1022 posts
480 upvotes
Markham
c001m4n wrote: I had just picked up this speakerphone from the source. I did not try it yet, it is still charging.

Thanks OP...I bought one since my Parrot battery capacity is almost zero.

The car charger is exactly the same as the Scoshe well.

The voice they use to announce status etc. is the same as the BlueAnt S3.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1406 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
I bought one last week and am very happy with it. I particularly like the voice prompts and the fact that you never have to charge it. As long as it has sunlight, it's charging.

In terms of voice dialing I use my phone's voice command software as oppose to the built-in features on this unit. I have an HTC running Windows Mobile 6.1.

Personally, I'd recommend the unit.
Nov 21, 2003
181 posts
43 upvotes
Surrey
I've been using this speaker for about 3 weeks now.
Works perfect. I also bought product replacement plan for $5 since my previous speaker (different one) lasted about a year. (I'm pretty sure that this speaker will break within 2 years...)
Sounds clear, Voice Dialing works great, Solar charging works good! (didn't even charge the unit yet!)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)