Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.com] $299US BlackBerry Priv (UNLOCKED)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2016 7:58 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 27, 2014
7 posts
12 upvotes
Windsor, ON

[eBay.com] $299US BlackBerry Priv (UNLOCKED)

$299US BlackBerry Priv (UNLOCKED), being sold on ebay.com
48 replies
Jr. Member
Aug 9, 2012
117 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Nice find OP...only thing bothers with At&T phones are that they lock down the wifi tethering...anyone got ideas how to unlock that feature? Any way to slap on a rogers, bell or any local ROM and continue to get updates?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2012
3544 posts
2198 upvotes
Kitchener
Seems like a good price, probably C$500 or so once exchange/shipping/duty is factored in. thx
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2011
1421 posts
506 upvotes
The ~$16 plus ~$46 USD import fees kills the deal. Plus currency exchange.

It would've been pretty good otherwise.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2015
6199 posts
6153 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I wish you could reflash these with oem blackberry software and get the updates via RIM
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8514 posts
3693 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
TransporterSD wrote: I wish you could reflash these with oem blackberry software and get the updates via RIM
Well at least Marshmallow is in Beta. BlackBerry does have a way to bypass the SIM thing since beta users didn't need one. But if AT&T will let them implement it, that's a different question.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8514 posts
3693 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
4dalasttime wrote: Nice find OP...only thing bothers with At&T phones are that they lock down the wifi tethering...anyone got ideas how to unlock that feature? Any way to slap on a rogers, bell or any local ROM and continue to get updates?
You can't change variants, let alone the fact that the Canadian carrier version is different hardware altogether.

As for the hotspot, I thought it automatically bypasses that if it's not on AT&T? Not an Android but my old Pre 3 from AT&T didn't have any hotspot restrictions.
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2014
156 posts
114 upvotes
Pointe-Claire, Qc
oolliiee wrote: $299US BlackBerry Priv (UNLOCKED), being sold on ebay.com
There is another seller that has the same deal... I was hesitant to pull the trigger before but now I could not resist. Used GCR to get 2% back (hopefully).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BlackBerry-Priv- ... 2113000901?

I was going to give up my Z30 and get an iPhone but I don't think I can live without the Hub!
Sr. Member
Feb 3, 2013
594 posts
250 upvotes
Field BC
HSPMTL wrote: There is another seller that has the same deal... I was hesitant to pull the trigger before but now I could not resist. Used GCR to get 2% back (hopefully).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BlackBerry-Priv- ... 2113000901?

I was going to give up my Z30 and get an iPhone but I don't think I can live without the Hub!


399 + 14.59? I don't get the point of this one over original listing of 299+fees. It's also AT&T unlock which is the one we are trying to avoid.

Image
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2014
156 posts
114 upvotes
Pointe-Claire, Qc
MobiShopper wrote: 399 + 14.59? I don't get the point of this one over original listing of 299+fees. It's also AT&T unlock which is the one we are trying to avoid.

Image
The link I posted is for a diffferent seller that also has it at 299USD. By the time I had made up my mind, the original seller mentioned by OP had put the price back up to 399. I was just glad to find it at 299.
I am hoping that BB find a solution to the ATT phones and that there are no issues with the phone i get!
Member
Apr 11, 2008
284 posts
70 upvotes
Remember guys, you can bypass the update issues with the AT&T Priv by simply putting an AT&T simcard in: the only real issue is the inconvenience of swapping sim cards to recieve updates, nothing else.
Sr. Member
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto, ON
soul2k wrote: If you don't have an AT&T SIM, you can use an auto-loader to update to Marshmallow.

Priv AT&T Marshmallow Autoloader: https://bbapps.download.blackberry.com/ ... AAF355.zip

How to reload the BlackBerry powered by Android OS on the smartphone: http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articl ... =000038083
would you know if it's possible to install the generic os on a branded phone ?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8514 posts
3693 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
HSPMTL wrote: There is another seller that has the same deal... I was hesitant to pull the trigger before but now I could not resist. Used GCR to get 2% back (hopefully).
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BlackBerry-Priv- ... 2113000901?

I was going to give up my Z30 and get an iPhone but I don't think I can live without the Hub!
Just approach the Hub with an open mind though. It's a different design paradigm compared to the BB10 Hub. Closer to an unified inbox than a system messaging centre.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8514 posts
3693 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
omegadivide wrote: would you know if it's possible to install the generic os on a branded phone ?
No. You'll brick it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
21791 posts
3062 upvotes
Toronto
I have a couple of AT&T go prepaid sims..never activated though..would that work for updates?

Tempted to get one to try..though I love my Passport..just hate that FB (and soon Whatsapp) stopped working

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13957 posts
4049 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ToniCipriani wrote: Just approach the Hub with an open mind though. It's a different design paradigm compared to the BB10 Hub. Closer to an unified inbox than a system messaging centre.
So the Priv does not offer a true Hub, just a unified inbox like the gmail app?

Top