2hr quantatative test Scotia

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 2:12 pm
Tags:
Dec 17, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote

2hr quantatative test Scotia

Has anyone taken this interview test? I understand that I will have to be using some SQL, SAS, Excel or a mix (possibly individually). The director wouldn't explain further as it would reduce the effectiveness of the test. My question is what data will I be analyzing? I'm aware that it's compromised of a "real life situation" but unsure of depth of the question. Will it be generating simple sum, avg, std, pop stats? Or is it more in depth? Terrible with these types of uncertain situations as I give myself analysis paralysis.
5 replies
Nov 15, 2016
543 posts
472 upvotes
franknitty wrote: Does anyone have any insight?
Knowing what role you applied for would help me try to give you a answer. Quantitative tests can be different depending on the role.
Feb 17, 2016
7 posts
1 upvote
I did a 1 hr quantitative test with them before. PM me
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1686 posts
999 upvotes
Their test is using https://www.hackerrank.com/ online website/judge . One my SQL question and 3 problem solving. Total 4 questions. And it's not going to be straight forward like reverse list etc. I can't solve those type of problem.

-Edit 1
This is for SW Developer
-Edit 2
If you are apply for development position might want to check out Grind Leetcode
Dec 17, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Well I don't want to give too much detail as I would think it would be frowned upon, but it is in the risk management department. I just want to do some due diligence so I'm not walking in blind and get overly stressed and mess it up; IRL I can work through a stressful situation no problem since I can use an abundance of accumulated resources I have archived throughout the years, but walking into a test usually spooks me.

Thanks to everyone who replied, it's very much appreciated. All resources will be taken into account and looked over as I am generally interested in studying and want to do as well as I can.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)