[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8550 upvotes
GTHA

2nd Gen Nissan Leaf officially unveiled on September 6th, 2017

from http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/10/next ... de-4436009
Although the car in these photos is heavily camouflaged, we can still make out quite a few details. The new Leaf appears to take a lot of elements from the Nissan IDS concept, including the floating roof and angular headlights and taillights. Some of the concept car elements have been toned down, but from the side the two cars look very similar. The profile is also reminiscent of the current Nissan Murano.

The front appears to be far more aggressive than the current model, though it looks like it retains the flip-up panel that hides the charging ports. The headlights look much smaller and don't appear to be as vertical as the current Leaf, though it looks like the new hood mimics that shape. The rear, like the front, is far more aggressive, with a larger spoiler. The clear taillight lenses appear to have been ditched.

No official word on the range or battery capacity, but expect significant gains for both. The current Leaf can only travel 107 miles on a single charge, far less that the 238 mile range of the Chevy Bolt EV. If the IDS concept is any indication, look for a 60-kWh battery pack, twice the size of the current model's battery. A range of fewer than 200 miles would be a huge disappointment. Nissan has already announced that the new Leaf will have ProPilot autonomous capabilities, though the system's extent isn't fully clear. Look for more news in the coming months.
nissanleaf-proto-g02-kgp-ed-1.jpg
nissanleaf-proto-g03-kgp-ed-1.jpg
nissanleaf-proto-g04-kgp-ed-1.jpg
nissanleaf-proto-g08-kgp-ed-1.jpg
Last edited by tk1000 on Feb 10th, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
45 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3398 posts
2079 upvotes
Vancouver
I honestly see zero Murano elements in there. There's certainly no floating roof.

It's a refined Versa/Tiida body just as the first gen Leaf was based on.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15135 posts
16112 upvotes
Oakville
Spinner wrote: I honestly see zero Murano elements in there. There's certainly no floating roof.

It's a refined Versa/Tiida body just as the first gen Leaf was based on.
+1, autoblog is on crack. They're just making things up with how covered in camo that car is.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18381 posts
2204 upvotes
Woodbridge
I don't get the point of Spy Shot threads. What are we looking at here? Wait for the actual debut.

Also, in before this lookslike, they copied *insert make/model*
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6302 posts
1947 upvotes
BC
Lookslike ...... the EV-12 all over again with a Hofmeister C-pillar kink to give it an SUV "look".

Seriously reduced rear headroom compared to 1st. Gen. but maybe what Nissan feels was needed to make it look more mainstream.

Not sure what auto journalists mean when they use the word "aggressive" to describe rear styling. Do they all go to the same school? I prefer more cargo space and a non-aggressive bigger rear window.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
1280 posts
1263 upvotes
Spinner wrote: I honestly see zero Murano elements in there. There's certainly no floating roof.
Do you refer to this contraption, BTW? Because it's certainly "floating", as in POS in the toilet.

Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12211 posts
1131 upvotes
Brampton
How far can it drive on a full charge?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8550 upvotes
GTHA
cheapmeister wrote: How far can it drive on a full charge?
We will know after the first road tests.

Nissan will most likely release a guesstimate at the unveiling this September.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1327 posts
1175 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah.
Who cares, about what it possibly might look like.
Range and price.
The rest is gravy.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15135 posts
16112 upvotes
Oakville
cowbunpants wrote: Yeah.
Who cares, about what it possibly might look like.
Range and price.
The rest is gravy.
Even if it looks like this? :P