[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11152 posts
2912 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

2TB m.2 Deals?

Hey guys,

Wondering if anybody knows of good deals on a 2TB m.2 Drive. I picked up this one a few days ago https://www.newegg.ca/xpg-sx8200-pro-2t ... 0017-00188
however I have decided to pick up another so I can get rid of my mechanical drives however I cant seem to find anything with similar performance for around the same price.

Thanks
0_o
<_<
>_>
4 replies
Oct 20, 2011
77 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
If you're happy with your sx8200, get this

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YLD ... Y3LN&psc=1

Same adata, just different package, better heatsink. And no tax makes it cheaper than your newegg order.
sickcars wrote: Hey guys,

Wondering if anybody knows of good deals on a 2TB m.2 Drive. I picked up this one a few days ago https://www.newegg.ca/xpg-sx8200-pro-2t ... 0017-00188
however I have decided to pick up another so I can get rid of my mechanical drives however I cant seem to find anything with similar performance for around the same price.

Thanks
Oct 20, 2011
77 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, sorry bud, they beat you to the punch. There's a lot of opportunistic lurkers on rfd. They don't post, they don't upvote, they just jump on the information and make it oos. I checked amazon before I posted link, it was $279, no tax and in stock, trust me.

Same thing happened two days ago when someone asked about ddr4 3600 cl17 ram. I posted newegg ddr4 3600 cl16 tridentz neo link, and it immediately went oos.

I've decided to not post anymore in these situations, and pm instead.

All is not lost. I don't really like the sx8200, even though it was so cheap I went for it on amazon when it was $254 and no tax. The reason is the SM controller on it is front loaded to show high speed on benchmarks, but slows down to sata speed when you start filling it up.

I would prefer the Sabrent or Silicon motion 2tb that's 1500m/s all the way through, doesn't slow down like the sx8200. I think they're better for real life. I don't remember, but one of them went for like $200 on amazon, and the other was like $300 and no tax. I could be wrong. Wait for them to go on sale again. Oh, the cosair MP510 uses the same Phison controller as well.
sickcars wrote: Looks decent but everybody seems to be sold out unfortunately
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11152 posts
2912 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
No problem, I dont need them ASAP anyways. I can wait a bit until a good deal comes up, maybe something from samsung.

Thanks for the help.
frank4162 wrote: Yeah, sorry bud, they beat you to the punch. There's a lot of opportunistic lurkers on rfd. They don't post, they don't upvote, they just jump on the information and make it oos. I checked amazon before I posted link, it was $279, no tax and in stock, trust me.

Same thing happened two days ago when someone asked about ddr4 3600 cl17 ram. I posted newegg ddr4 3600 cl16 tridentz neo link, and it immediately went oos.

I've decided to not post anymore in these situations, and pm instead.

All is not lost. I don't really like the sx8200, even though it was so cheap I went for it on amazon when it was $254 and no tax. The reason is the SM controller on it is front loaded to show high speed on benchmarks, but slows down to sata speed when you start filling it up.

I would prefer the Sabrent or Silicon motion 2tb that's 1500m/s all the way through, doesn't slow down like the sx8200. I think they're better for real life. I don't remember, but one of them went for like $200 on amazon, and the other was like $300 and no tax. I could be wrong. Wait for them to go on sale again. Oh, the cosair MP510 uses the same Phison controller as well.
0_o
<_<
>_>