• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2016 3:05 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 8, 2007
855 posts
393 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] 30 Day free trial of unlimited Kindle [Amazon.ca]

Kindle Unlimited seems to have started in Canada. There is a 30 day free trial right now and then 9.99 after that for unlimited amount of ebooks. Choose from over 750,000 books

its on the front page of amazon

http://www.amazon.ca

free trial is not available in Quebec.
44 replies
Oct 2, 2011
408 posts
225 upvotes
London
Awesome. I've had my Kindle setup as american since they released the Kindle Unlimited program. So great. I haven't touched any of my other (entirely legitimate) collection of books on my computer since I got the program.

Now I can start paying it in CAD instead of USD. Nice.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2682 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up for this just now... So far i've tried about 10 titles that i want to read and none are available. Seems to be very limited selection. I will likely not be paying for this one trial ends. Thanks op for posting tho.
273 posts
34 upvotes
St Catharines
Is amer&cdn selection the same?Cdn kindle was always more limited and amer unlimited is bad enough.Fantastic service but it is very limited in selection.Think netflix with books.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1525 posts
563 upvotes
hopium wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 7:18 am
Is amer&cdn selection the same?Cdn kindle was always more limited and amer unlimited is bad enough.Fantastic service but it is very limited in selection.Think netflix with books.
i was on american ver before and waited the longest time before i converted to canadian ....i think it's very close? .... there might be books in one country thats not in the other (just like netflix) ... for example, i got "When Google Met Wikileaks" by Julian Assange and that was only in Canada (for obvious reasons) .... for the most part though i believe they are similar now
Mar 25, 2008
133 posts
24 upvotes
Kitchener
tried to sign up and got some error message ?
Jun 7, 2007
298 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Obligatory mention that many people in Canada have an alternative: many public library systems have ebooks available for loan. The one significant issue is that Canadian libraries don't support the Kindle readers themselves, but if you read on a phone/tablet or have a non-Kindle reader like a Kobo, you have access. Here's the FAQ for the Toronto library system. I haven't actually checked the size of Toronto's collection (I need to renew my library card first!) but based on the complaints about Amazon's selection, it's entirely possible TPL is better. Plus, it's essentially free.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2003
1419 posts
179 upvotes
Regina
I have been waiting for the launch of the Amazon book "Lending Library" which is included with a Prime membership in the USA. I hope it comes to Canada soon since they have now launched Kindle Unlimited here.
Jan 8, 2006
932 posts
228 upvotes
chrominance wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 10:05 am
Obligatory mention that many people in Canada have an alternative: many public library systems have ebooks available for loan. The one significant issue is that Canadian libraries don't support the Kindle readers themselves, but if you read on a phone/tablet or have a non-Kindle reader like a Kobo, you have access. Here's the FAQ for the Toronto library system. I haven't actually checked the size of Toronto's collection (I need to renew my library card first!) but based on the complaints about Amazon's selection, it's entirely possible TPL is better. Plus, it's essentially free.
+1 TPL has the best collection. Be it motivation book, fitness book or technical book. I normally search technical book and they have it 95% of the time Safari way to go.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1339 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
comp_freak wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 11:41 am
+1 TPL has the best collection. Be it motivation book, fitness book or technical book. I normally search technical book and they have it 95% of the time Safari way to go.
Im really impressed with the library systems these days.. Zinio, Pressreader, Hoopla, Overdrive and new release movie rentals.. makes the library an extremely useful tool.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
2560 posts
1032 upvotes
nicolascon wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 5:22 am
free trial is not available in Quebec.
Is it just the trial or the payed service on the whole is unavailable to Quebec residents? Just another reason to circumvent location based discrimination.
Oct 15, 2012
132 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Not a great selection of books. I'll probably pay for this for a few months until I run out of books I'm actually interested in reading.
"Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves."
Jan 8, 2006
932 posts
228 upvotes
Also if you are not Toronto residence you can purchase membership for $35 for six months. That's cheap for amount of access one have.

Safari books no borrowing limit :D
Aug 31, 2013
8 posts
Pelham
Anyone getting this error while trying to sign up "An error occurred while trying to sign you up.
Please try again later."