• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 7:39 pm
Nov 1, 2006
105 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I can’t believe I’m that lucky! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Yes, I got the extension for $30/month.
I’m going to save this thread so I can read it from time to time and think how special I am Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Feb 7, 2012
711 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
Idontdomornings wrote: I can’t believe I’m that lucky! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Yes, I got the extension for $30/month.
I’m going to save this thread so I can read it from time to time and think how special I am Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
nice! did you call today? what did you say?
my plan expires soon so i'd like to call and get an extension
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2007 posts
1197 upvotes
I havent used bell or virgin before. Is this DSL? Comes through phone line?

I've been jumping between Rogers / fido in the past several years.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3806 posts
1102 upvotes
QC
slimysnot wrote: I havent used bell or virgin before. Is this DSL? Comes through phone line?

I've been jumping between Rogers / fido in the past several years.
No fiber optic. Either directly to your home or to the node.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5781 posts
2288 upvotes
Canuckland
50 down 10 up is not "fibe" or fiber for that matter

just plain old DSL
Sep 12, 2007
501 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
I was also able to get my $30 pricing extended for additional year. Last week I called in on the final day of my current plan and said I wish to cancel as I was moving service over to Ebox which also has a $30 promo price in my service area. Loyalty dept put me on for another 12 months.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3806 posts
1102 upvotes
QC
DealCanuck wrote: 50 down 10 up is not "fibe" or fiber for that matter

just plain old DSL
Bell is playing with the rules by making their Virgin service looks like DSL. It is fiber.
Oct 18, 2007
458 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
xtreemboarder wrote: Lol, are you serious? Where in the post did it say the speed will satisfy all users? It clearly says 50mbps in case you can't read.

I tried to call and get it, no luck. I think the deal is dead if there ever was one.
Icalled to cancel as my 12 mos, 50% off deal was ending. so i wanted to move to fido. Rep told me she would call me back after it was ending. No phone call. Called to cancel 5 days later.

They gave me the 50% off. Dont trust their reps. Call in after your expiry and speak to loyalty.
Oct 8, 2015
2 posts
Montreal, QC
Hi, is the special on onterio only? I never get any promo on virgin
Aug 10, 2007
354 posts
88 upvotes
I can't remember which thread it was in, but I read that you might be able to get the deal if you're not a Virgin customer, but that's YMMV as usual. I tried over the phone and through The Source in person. No luck. They will offer it to you for $40 bucks, but anyone can do that, considering that it's on their site as such.
Oct 31, 2017
166 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Just called to get the 50% deal.

Rep said the only way to get it is new activation. I had the promo previously and what they said to do is is you place in a 'new' order and cancel the old one.

This worked for me and getting it installed right before mine expires then cancelling the old one before it switches to regular price.

Just make sure you say you are cancelling for a better deal if they don't budge.
You miss shots you don't take.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5781 posts
2288 upvotes
Canuckland
jfmartel wrote: Bell is playing with the rules by making their Virgin service looks like DSL. It is fiber.
It’s not .

They would advertise 50/50 instead
Jul 14, 2009
412 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
After 2 x 40+ minutes on hold and speaking to rep and her supervisor, I was only offered $10 off for 12 months. No thanks, not for me. I think I got the their call center in the Philippines. Their hold music sucks, so be prepared. Last year there were so many competing offers at this time.