Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 12, 2015
429 posts
556 upvotes

$300 designer shoes for AC Rouge flight attendants

http://www.shoeme.ca/products/john-flue ... wer_funnel

Why not just get them sensible runners with good support for a third of the price? It's not like I care how they dress anyways as long at they are covered up. Put the money towards training them to give better service and have a better attitude. If other airlines can do it, so can AC!

The Liz mary janes are so comfortable and stylish, that they were selected (in custom colors) as the official uniform shoe for all female flight attendants on Air Canada Rouge! We challenge you to name another fashion shoe brand that is so dependable, it's been chosen to fly so high. With contrast piping, double buckles, and a new attitude, let The Liz be your sidekick on all your Fluevog adventures (in the air or on the ground).
10 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
AlexiRos wrote: http://www.shoeme.ca/products/john-flue ... wer_funnel

Why not just get them sensible runners with good support for a third of the price? It's not like I care how they dress anyways as long at they are covered up. Put the money towards training them to give better service and have a better attitude. If other airlines can do it, so can AC!
Air Canada would not be paying retail prices. This is a collaboration with the designer.

from http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fashio ... story.html

Before the final selection was made, she added, the Fluevog shoes were tested for a few weeks along with shoes from other Canadian designers. The Fluevog shoes fared better in tests.

Air Canada Rouge isn’t the first carrier to collaborate with designers. For instance, Virgin Atlantic is working with Britain’s Punk-loving designer Vivienne Westwood, All Nippon Airways has a deal with high fashion designer Prabal Gurung and Air France crew uniforms are by Chistian Lacroix — to name just a few.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5132 posts
1771 upvotes
Mississauga

The Liz mary janes are so comfortable and stylish, that they were selected (in custom colors) as the official uniform shoe for all female flight attendants on Air Canada Rouge! We challenge you to name another fashion shoe brand that is so dependable, it's been chosen to fly so high. With contrast piping, double buckles, and a new attitude, let The Liz be your sidekick on all your Fluevog adventures (in the air or on the ground).
AC Rouge has pretty good service compared to mainline... I think they all go through Disney training.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa

How do you know how much they spent on the shoes? What does it matter to you?
How do you know how much they spent on training the attendants?
What is wrong with their service and attitude?
I think you found out something but you are out of line with your assumptions and accusations.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2015
429 posts
556 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: How do you know how much they spent on the shoes? What does it matter to you?
How do you know how much they spent on training the attendants?
What is wrong with their service and attitude?
I think you found out something but you are out of line with your assumptions and accusations.
Relax! I just found it interesting. The two times that I have flown AC, the flight attendants were pretty rude and abrupt compared to some of the other airlines that I have flown. Granted, GateGuardian has flown Rouge, and he says that the service was pretty good, so I will trust his feedback. My observations were based on my own personal experience with flying AC.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9087 posts
3697 upvotes
Toronto
AC has good FAs, and also a lot of rude entitled FAs. The rough rogue FAs are younger, cheaper, and so far seemed to provide slightly better service/attention to mainline ACs. But since AC seem to have overall sub-par FAs for North American airlines, that doesn't say much.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47878 posts
8614 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Arrgh wrote: AC has good FAs, and also a lot of rude entitled FAs. The rough rogue FAs are younger, cheaper, and so far seemed to provide slightly better service/attention to mainline ACs. But since AC seem to have overall sub-par FAs for North American airlines, that doesn't say much.
Really? I find AC to be pretty good compared to the American counterparts.

Compared to the Asian airlines, though, they're miles ahead for sure.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
AlexiRos wrote: Relax! I just found it interesting. The two times that I have flown AC, the flight attendants were pretty rude and abrupt compared to some of the other airlines that I have flown. Granted, GateGuardian has flown Rouge, and he says that the service was pretty good, so I will trust his feedback. My observations were based on my own personal experience with flying AC.
No need to relax, I am fine.
Just wanted to know what you based your opinion on. Making accusations based on one flight and a newspaper article is not exactly solid data.
I have flown Rogue a number of time and my only complaint is the legroom (prior to them giving seat choices) and the fact that Air Canada has dropped regular routes to Rogue and you no longer have a choice of what you want to fly.
I have also flown Air Canada dozens and dozens of times over the years and found their attendants as good as most other airlines.( I traveled a lot for business).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5132 posts
1771 upvotes
Mississauga
Jon Lai wrote: Really? I find AC to be pretty good compared to the American counterparts.

Compared to the Asian airlines, though, they're miles ahead for sure.
I think AA and Delta's FA are about the same as AC in terms of services, especially in the last couple of years.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2504 upvotes
I don't like the style of Fluevog shoes. Also, the rounded toe shoe style for this particular Mary Jane doesn't fit my foot shape, so there's no way I'd be comfy wearing it.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2082 posts
5338 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't care what shoes they wear. I wish there were more legroom.