65 upvotes
Who will process their EI claims? LOLOLLOL :twisted:
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10588 posts
1337 upvotes
Brampton
aaaaaa wrote: Who will process their EI claims? LOLOLLOL :twisted:

hahahahhahahahhaha!!! OMG. That's hilarious. Seriously. WHO! We cannot process your EI claim at the moment as we have laid off everyone. :P
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Banned
May 6, 2011
335 posts
17 upvotes
TORONTO
I just got back from a service canada location the other day after getting my new photo card, i am not surprised 300 employees would get laid off i really expected more to go. better than my taxes paying them to chat in the back while everyone was waiting in line.
"We are Jadacha hermaphrodites ... either sex at will." - Scytale

A Face Dancer is a type of human. A servant caste of the Bene Tleilax, Face Dancers are shapeshifters, and their name is derived from their ability to change their physical appearance at will.

The Bene Tleilax are a major power in the Imperium.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
563 upvotes
bellou wrote: I just got back from a service canada location the other day after getting my new photo card, i am not surprised 300 employees would get laid off i really expected more to go. better than my taxes paying them to chat in the back while everyone was waiting in line.

what makes you think they were frontline CSR's, not on break or something?
Apr 25, 2008
226 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
What kind of severance package do you get as a govt employee? Are these temp or perm employees?
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."
- Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3220 upvotes
Calgary
I hope there was a corresponding decrease to the size of the management structure that was implemented to manage these employees.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Sep 21, 2004
10463 posts
4749 upvotes
Calgary
Keetla wrote: What kind of severance package do you get as a govt employee? Are these temp or perm employees?

It's always term employees. It's contract non-renewal. And since the government doesn't renew your contract, you don't get any severance or pay in lieu of notice.
Mar 17, 2011
20 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton
Is it front end staff at the local offices or processing agents being laid off?
Dec 11, 2003
264 posts
10 upvotes
bellou wrote: I just got back from a service canada location the other day after getting my new photo card, i am not surprised 300 employees would get laid off i really expected more to go. better than my taxes paying them to chat in the back while everyone was waiting in line.

As far as I know, Service Canada doesn't give out the Ontario photo ID cards. That's ServiceOntario's responsibility.

Interestingly enough, many ServiceOntario locations are actually outsourced to private sector organizations, and their front line staff are paid like cashiers/retail workers. In which case, you're getting what you paid for.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2358 posts
168 upvotes
KennethToronto wrote: I think it's pathetic you're cheering the fact other people are losing their jobs.

Get a life.

+1

There are hundreds of employees at Environment Canada with PhD's and engineering degrees about to lose their job. I hope you are very, very secure in your job as the government continues to axe highly qualified professionals, who will be now entering the job market looking to bump others out.
Jul 22, 2009
333 posts
28 upvotes
ItechJester wrote: +1

There are hundreds of employees at Environment Canada with PhD's and engineering degrees about to lose their job. I hope you are very, very secure in your job as the government continues to axe highly qualified professionals, who will be now entering the job market looking to bump others out.

We are cheering the fact that the government is finally saving our $$$ from long, unproductive environmental research that doesn't do ANYTHING for the economy or improving the environment to a measurable degree. Having graduated from University of Toronto's Chemistry Faculty and having many friends who work (sleep/idle) there (even knowing what they are researching on) I know what I am talking about. I am sure funding will still be available for the core environmental research that I actually support.
Oct 20, 2010
492 posts
194 upvotes
Austin, TX
The Government of Canada is morbidly obese consuming too many carbs and not enough protein. As a result, there is plenty of fat that can be trimmed.

We need to trim from the belly of the beast -- middle management. This is where most of the cuts ought to be happening -- firing the pointless pen pushers, not the clerks that take your forms for EI/passports/etc, or the valuable professionals that make meaningful contributions.

Update: Ottawa moves to cut IT spending.
The sea is behind you and the enemy is in front. — Tariq ibn Ziyad

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)