Careers

313A Exam in Ontario -> Is it recognized in Alberta or considered a Red Seal?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2022 1:05 pm
Jul 28, 2017
870 posts
3078 upvotes
Edmonton

313A Exam in Ontario -> Is it recognized in Alberta or considered a Red Seal?

Hello, for the 313A Exam (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic) in Ontario, would it be recognized in Alberta? Also, is it considered as a Red Seal exam? The reason I'm asking is that the Alberta website says "Tradespeople who hold a trade certificate with a Red Seal can work anywhere in Canada, including Alberta, without further training or examination." So seemingly, as long as it is a Red Seal certificate, there's more ability to move between the provinces.
2 replies
Banned
Mar 14, 2022
392 posts
415 upvotes
Outer GTA
HenryC422053 wrote: Hello, for the 313A Exam (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic) in Ontario, would it be recognized in Alberta? Also, is it considered as a Red Seal exam? The reason I'm asking is that the Alberta website says "Tradespeople who hold a trade certificate with a Red Seal can work anywhere in Canada, including Alberta, without further training or examination." So seemingly, as long as it is a Red Seal certificate, there's more ability to move between the provinces.
https://www.red-seal.ca/eng/trades/tr.1d.2s_l.3st.shtml

Yes. Red seal.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
HenryC422053 wrote: Hello, for the 313A Exam (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic) in Ontario, would it be recognized in Alberta? Also, is it considered as a Red Seal exam? The reason I'm asking is that the Alberta website says "Tradespeople who hold a trade certificate with a Red Seal can work anywhere in Canada, including Alberta, without further training or examination." So seemingly, as long as it is a Red Seal certificate, there's more ability to move between the provinces.

Just so you know, you can pass the red seal exam but if you don’t have the required amount of hours, you won’t have a red seal until then.

Either way it’s a good trade and you should be able to make $50+ an hour with no difficulty.

Also the real learning/experience happens when you become a jman/red seal because you are going to have to figure out stuff on your own.
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8